Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Are the Euros ruining kiting? Answer is yes.

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Are the Euros ruing kiting? Answer is yes.

Postby Laughingman » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:30 pm

I can't get past the 1st sentence, the lack of structure in your writing is enough to make me not care.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jbrook » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Only Toby's and Westozzy's posts were worthwhile the rest are Trolls, I am a photographer not a writer. Thanks for your input Toby you points are well taken. Cauipe is different than Paracuru the locals act faster it is a smaller area.

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pmaggie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:52 pm

I used to think that in 2015 racism was popular only among uncultured people but I was wrong :o

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Racist point taken let me zero in more: French, German, Italian, Lithuanian, Russian, Spanish guess these were the majority. Was just a generalization did not mean to be racist. Dont be soo sensitive girls.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Aaaaahhhhh......selective racism, that's ok then.

Portuguese?? They are a bit like Spanish, do they count? How do you choose, do you ask people for their passports???
Does Spanish include those from the Basque region, really need to be clear on that one, could really upset someone.
What about races you don't like but kiss arse if they are more intelligent/bigger than you? (Toby :lol: )
Where do you stand on dual nationality, or people like you who think they are locals but are really just tourists - although to be fair Americans are technically tourists as most of you lit came from Europe and South America (who I presume you also don't like or are they ok?)
Ah man you need to be more specific, I can't work out if you really are a racist or just a Zalupa?? (Google it)

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:44 pm

there, there, JB, sorry you have to tolerate these hooligans. but now you see what are up against here in Eurostan every day.
so we had to send them away for a while just to have a little break from them.
and don't call me a kook just yet, because i have a solution for you. try to introduce them to some intestinal infections or parasites common at your place, let them spend more time in the crapper and less on the beach :allbegood:

dragnfly
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool/ St Annes. New Brighton (UK)
Favorite Beaches: UK - Rhosneigr. New Brighton, Blackrock Sands.
Non UK - Dakhla.
Style: FS80% WS15% Strapless5%
Gear: Cabrinha FX 12,9 & SB 7m, Drifter 5m
Crazyfly Raptor ltd 136 2018 (best board ever!)
Slingshot Screamer

Postby dragnfly » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:19 pm

Hang on - so - you moved to Brazil. I'm assuming you moved there because it's a lovely spot that's great for kiting? Lucky you! You moved there 7 years ago and it was lovely and quiet. Super.

Unfortunately for you, times do change. Kiting is becoming extremely popular. Kiters do go on holiday to 'lovely spots that are great for kiting' - just like the one you yourself moved to for those reasons.

Sadly, if you want to return to conditions as they were 7 years ago, you need to pack your bags and go searching out a new spot - but bear in mind, in another 7 years, your new spot might also get invaded. That's just the way the world works. I'd reccomend going somewhere really shit and cold, with some pollution - you could probably have the place to yourself for a few decades! But even that's no guarantee - I go there every weekend and it's already chokka.

As far as rights of way & things go - yep, there's no excuse for not following them - but there's a lot of people learning to kite who don't have the skills to do so, or aren't aware of the rules. It's the same at all the beaches around the world that have lots of kiters - there's nothing different or unusual about your spot.

I also wonder how all the real locals feel at your spot - the ones who lived there before hordes of kiters such as yourself started to invade their lovely quiet beaches. I wonder if they felt the same as you do now? I'd have a bit more sympathy for you if you had always lived there, but as it is, you're just a part of the crowd.
Last edited by dragnfly on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Ah man, he's now private messaging me.

He doesn't care what I think, and doesn't respond to trolls.......maybe he fancies me :o

billybob
Rare Poster

Postby billybob » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Hey Jason, not a Euro in sight this morning. Had it all to myself for two hours, solid 9 meter.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:26 pm

eree wrote: or parasites common at your place
Don't get me started - there's loads of 'em over here too

Return to “Kitesurfing”