Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2016 NP Surf S1 Tracker and Halo spreader bars...

Forum for kitesurfers
fcwatersports
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sandbanks Poole
Favorite Beaches: Big Bay CPT Silver sands,WA
Gear: Slingshot, Cabrinha, Naish, Wainman, Ride Engine, Pro-limit
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot, Cabrinha, Naish, Wainman, Ride Engine, Pro-limit
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2016 NP Surf S1 Tracker and Halo spreader bars...

Postby fcwatersports » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:58 am

We stock cabrinha products, and recently were shown the tracker bar, and Halo both work really well, like others have mentioned NP is not really very popular and its quite pricey compared to other brands.
We will have some on demo in the next few weeks, the only issue is that the Halo only works for cabrinha riders on the 2015 bar onwards as they had that terrible release system on the 2014 bars where the chicken loop did not open so be mindful of this before purchasing the Halo.

Basically most of the brands now are looking at a way to combat the Ride Engine harnesses but most are missing the Point, they all think its down to the spreader bars set up and still forget its about the fit and load on the actually harness.

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:44 pm

I now have 4 or 5 sessions on the surf tracker with integrated spreader bar pad mounted to a Mystic Warrior. Used it in swells (TT), surf (mutuant), boosting (TT), and hydrofoiling.

Pros: The hook goes from side to side seamlessly and without notice. It just works. But the real bonus for me over the rope and sliding bar systems is that it doesn't allow the hook to move vertically. For me, that is great because I like to jump a lot and keeping the chicken loop down keeps the bar down which keeps the harness down better. I feel smoother on toeside. My center of pull is still in the middle and doesn't move.

Cons: The attachment to close the harness blows. To have it open enough to get it on I then have to pull the straps to tighten down the harness afterwords. Maybe not so bad bare handed, but in neoprene gloves it double blows. Of course, I've never found a really great system from any brand. At best they are good.

Unknown: Durability and longevity.

We sell Cabrinha and NP but I pull no punches. We won't sell stuff that is going to end up as a return item and scare off a return customer. At this point, we will order them for someone who wants one, but we are not stocking them until we are sure about the durability and others try the closure/buckle thingy and render their verdict.

If it lasts and the buckle thing is OK with you, you might really never go back to another hook.

BTW, I have been riding a custom Ride Engine harness for 3 years. In my mind the Engine thing is about the stiff back. I'm not a fan of the rope hook thing.

- Stafford
www.adventurekiteboarding.com

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby shawn13 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:28 pm

I placed an order for tracker. I hope its good because its not very cheap!

I think itll shine in snowkiting

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:02 am

I'm curious about this spreader bar. I'm not loving the harness twist I get while riding toeside. I'm not that full on of a wave guy to go with a Dynabar or similar rope system. I'm mostly messing around on twin tip in the waves.

Hey Shawn or Stafford, can you guys show a pic or vid of how the closure system works? I have a Pro Limit Kite Pro waist harness and it has a very easy on/off pin system for the bar. I would hate to get rid of that if the Tracker has some wonky closure buckle.

Thanks!

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby shawn13 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:48 am

POACHER wrote:I'm curious about this spreader bar. I'm not loving the harness twist I get while riding toeside. I'm not that full on of a wave guy to go with a Dynabar or similar rope system. I'm mostly messing around on twin tip in the waves.

Hey Shawn or Stafford, can you guys show a pic or vid of how the closure system works? I have a Pro Limit Kite Pro waist harness and it has a very easy on/off pin system for the bar. I would hate to get rid of that if the Tracker has some wonky closure buckle.

Thanks!
I think it only works with NP and Mystic.

http://www.silentsports.com/Kiteboardin ... /KH15NEZ1/

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:33 am

It should work with a Pro Limit as well. I have the twin tightening straps that attach to the bar and it has sleeves to take the bar pad wings.

My concern is with the negative review droffats gave the buckle system for getting in/out of the harness. I don't want to give up the super easy on/off system that's on Pro Limit harnesses if this one is a pain. I definitely don't want to have to mess with the cinch straps every time I put the harness on...

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby airsurfer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:04 am

I've used the tracker for about a month and a half on Dakine harness and ion harness works great. I much prefer it to rope sliding system especially for hard change of direction on surfboard it doesn't jerk you around and way better for jumping. so far seems to be holding up well I spray my with some cooking spray oil every few sessions just in case.

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Postby windybrit » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:15 am

airsurfer wrote:I've used the tracker for about a month and a half on Dakine harness and ion harness works great. I much prefer it to rope sliding system especially for hard change of direction on surfboard it doesn't jerk you around and way better for jumping. so far seems to be holding up well I spray my with some cooking spray oil every few sessions just in case.
Interested to hear this works with an ION harness, I have a Hummer which has 2 straps each side, which one do you have ? TIA .

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:49 pm

2015 Apex. you have to remove the ion clips and feed the straps through the s1 on on side and the quick release o the other side .

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:15 pm

droffats wrote: We sell Cabrinha and NP but I pull no punches. We won't sell stuff that is going to end up as a return item and scare off a return customer. At this point, we will order them for someone who wants one, but we are not stocking them until we are sure about the durability and others try the closure/buckle thingy and render their verdict.

- Stafford
www.adventurekiteboarding.com
Wise policy

Respect.

Return to “Kitesurfing”