Favorite Beaches: Sinks of Gandy WVa, Snowmesa Co, Centennial Valley Mt
Style: Telemark Ski
Gear: Ozone foils
Brand Affiliation: none
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreams do come true

Postby rvrrat » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:19 am

I have been dreaming of the day when I could hook up with Noah and experience one of his magic days snowkiting way out in the backcountry on a perfect day. On my way back east after I loaded in Washington state I got my chance. I met Noah and his friend Dan in Lima Montana. That is exit 15 on I-15 just north of the Idaho line. This place screams Snowkiting. I parked my rig at the rest area there and unloaded my machine which I was draggin' around on this trip just for this moment. I followed Noah and Dan east out of town. They parked their rigs, unloaded their machines and we took off. We got way out into the Centennial Valley north of Monida Pass surrounded by the Madisons and Centennials. The wind was strong and consistent and the snow was soft and deep. We got two sessions and rode into the sunset and hauled ass out of there in the dark. There is a bar in town that serves you an uncooked steak that you throw on the giant grill in the middle of the room and cook yourself. The day was perfect. I want to do it again! I am on my way back east now trying to stay in front of the next El Nino storms rolling across the country. Looks like Colorado is getting slammed. After I unload the boats I have now that is my next trip. See ya SW Colorado guys soon! JR
Attachments
IMGP9365.JPG
IMG_6237.JPG
IMG_6273 (2).JPG
IMG_6291 (2).JPG
IMG_6295 (2).JPG
IMG_6307 (2).JPG
IMG_6309.JPG
IMG_6311 (2).JPG
IMG_6319 (2).JPG
IMG_6323 (2).JPG
IMG_6324 (2).JPG
IMG_6325 (2).JPG

mr moon
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham (UK)
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay, Silver Sands & a few more
Style: Wave / Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Wainman, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Dreams do come true

Postby mr moon » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:09 am

Well done, it looks epiC!!! :thumb:

Noahpz
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Big mtn snowkiting w/ lots of freestyle
Gear: Ozone Hyperlink V3 - 7,9,11,13. Ozone Chrono EXP 15m.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone

Postby Noahpz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:13 am

What a day!!!

Yes, John, it was a spectacular day and super fun to kite with you and Dan. Sometimes the stars do align and this day was one of those days. I started out on my 12m Summit and was uber-lit the whole sesh! By our second time out of the gate I had enough sense to fly a 10.

Greedy as always, we kited until dark and made our way back to the bar by 7 that night. Steaks and burgers on the grill, whiskey in the glass, camping right outside the bar - perfect day.

Thanks for coming & windy regards,
Noah - Powered by Ozone Kites.

rvrrat
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Garrett County Md.
Favorite Beaches: Sinks of Gandy WVa, Snowmesa Co, Centennial Valley Mt
Style: Telemark Ski
Gear: Ozone foils
Brand Affiliation: none
Been thanked: 0

Postby rvrrat » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:54 pm

:thumb: :lol: Right on man. I can't tell you how much it means to me to be able to hook up and do this. Between your skills, knowledge and willingness to get others out you are a true ambassador of our sport. Here are a few more pics. Can't wait 'til next time! JR
Attachments
IMGP9377.JPG
IMGP9390.JPG
IMGP9437.JPG
IMGP9455.JPG

Return to “Snow / Land”