Brand Affiliation: None.

2017 Airush Core Collection Launch

Postby Toby » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:41 am

Airush News:

2017 Airush Core Collection Launch

DYNEEMA LOAD FRAME: REDUCES CANOPY STRETCH BY 30%
airush 1.png
airush 1.png (58.21 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
Airush’s next generation dyneema load frame significantly reduces load on the kite canopy.
Strength-to-weight ratios for dyneema are about 40% higher than for aramid.

http://airush.com/2017/airush-dyneema-load-frame/

2017 AIRUSH LITHIUM
airush 2.png
airush 2.png (190.11 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
5M I 6M I 7M I 8M I 9M I 10M I 12M I 14M I 17M
THE WORLD’S FAVORITE FREERIDE KITE
INCREDIBLY STABLE WITH SMOOTH CONSISTENT DRIVE
FAST AND SIMPLE TO RELAUNCH DUE TO THE DELTA HYBRID DESIGN

As the do-all kite in the Airush range, the Lithium has been proven to meet the requirements of
riders looking to do a bit of everything: freeride, jumping, looping and waves. With amazing park
power, stability, and ease of use, the Lithium is simply the perfect kite. The focus of wingtip and
strut layout in conjunction with the Delta Hybrid design ensures the quickest response through
the air as well as instant relaunch. The square wingtip with increased area improves unhooked
and overall performance without sacrificing the legendary relaunch, stability or wind range.

The Lithium 17m features the same Lithium freeride flying characteristics but optimized for
extremely light wind. Reinforcement has been minimized to save weight and optimized for the
unique loads in lighter winds. This optimization compensates for the weight of the additional
struts, increasing the stability when the wind picks up, and working in conjunction with the load
frame to increase the longevity of the canopy.

http://airush.com/2017/kites/lithium/

https://vimeo.com/179209438

2017 AIRUSH UNION
airush 3.png
airush 3.png (215.69 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
6M I 7M I 8M I 9M I 10M I 12M I 14M I 16M
INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED ALL ROUND VERSATILITY
DIRECT AND RESPONSIVE STEERING
UNHOOKED PERFORMANCE

The Union has set itself as the new benchmark for the intermediate to advanced rider looking for all
round versatility. It unites the key freestyle characteristics of the Razor with the key characteristics of our
industry leading Wave kite and the freeride abilities of the Lithium. For 2017, the updated V3.2 bridle
configuration features reduced bridle length without compromising on turning and depower.

The result remains a superbly balanced kite that excels in the broadest range of conditions, responding
to your demands no matter what the discipline.

http://airush.com/2017/kites/union/

https://vimeo.com/178267777

2017 AIRUSH CORE BAR
airush 4.png
airush 4.png (235.25 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
ONE SIZE FITS ALL - 45 - 52 - 55 - 62CM
THE MOST VERSATILE BAR ON THE MARKET
REDUCED DIAMETER ULTRA SKINNY GRIP
BOMBPROOF BUILD, ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND RELIABILITY

The most versatile bar on the market enables riders to have the perfect setup straight out of the bag, or
to tweak and modify the bar to suit their specific requirements. The Core Bar features a new directional
grooving pattern that helps you hang on through all conditions with maximum grip and comfort.

Developed as the first ever bar that has four length adjustments, the Core bar can be changed from
45-55cm or 52-62xm with simple and easy changes. This allows the bar to be used from our absolutely
smallest kite to the largest kite in the Airush range.

The PU coated depower line, with reduced diameter tubing, makes sheeting in and out effortless. This
PU coated line extends the lifespan of the centerline and increases the reliability of all Airush bars.

Airush Bars have safety as their first priority. An industry standard Brain Quick Release and color-
coding on all parts makes the Airush system hassle free for all riders. Continuing for 2017, the Low Y
on the center-lines allows for a quick single line flag out for those situations where you need it the
most.

http://airush.com/2017/kites/core-bar/

https://vimeo.com/179209436

2017 AIRUSH CORE FOIL AND FOIL BOARD
airush 5.png
airush 5.png (292.12 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
4'11" X 21 1/16" X 2 3/8" 80cm Mast

The Airush Core foilboard is designed to enhance the experience of freeride foiling. The board
features a large bevel on the underside of the rail which allows the board to be ridden at a stronger
angle with less surface area touching the water, thus reducing drag. The fine rail in combination
with the strong bevel allows you to position the board on its rail for an effortless water start. Then
the short, wide shape, combined with a reversed Featuring all of the shape technology of our Team
Carbon Foil, the Core Foil is a true performance Foil that redefines beginner to advanced
foilboarding.

The mast and the fuselage are constructed from aviation grade anodized aluminum alloy 6082 T6,
with assembly parts precision CNC milled. Wings are High Modulus prepreg carbon compression
molded using high precision molds. A full fused connection between the mast and front fuselage
means that the front wing, which deals with the majority of the load, has the least flex possible.

CORE FOIL BOARD: http://airush.com/2017/boards/core-foil/

CORE FOIL: http://airush.com/2017/boards/core-foil/

2017 AIRUSH SWITCH
airush 6.png
airush 6.png (206.87 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
132X38CM I 135X39CM I 138X41CM I 140X42CM
SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE PERFORMANCE
OPTIMUM TIP FLEX
PREMIUM COMPONENTS

There’s a good reason why the Switch has been our best-selling twintip board year after year.
More versatile and comfort-oriented than any other twintip we make, the Switch can be enjoyed
by all riders — from beginner to advanced. Better yet, the 2017 model offers reduced weight for a
more precise feel, a new 3D deck for optimized flex, and a wider outline for enhanced upwind
performance.

http://airush.com/2017/boards/switch/

https://vimeo.com/179209434

2017 AIRUSH SWITCH EXILE
airush 7.png
airush 7.png (137.35 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
145X44.5CM I 155X46CM
SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE PERFORMANCE
OPTIMUM TIP FLEX
PREMIUM COMPONENTS

For the Switch Exile, we have designed a board that is almost as wide in the tips as in the
center, which allows for advanced immediate planning ability in light wind. The outline also
features an asymmetrical shape with a curved toe side rail, making toe transitioning and
carving on a board of this size incredibly smooth and easy. The Switch Exile board is
surprisingly agile for its size, while maintaining its lightwind abilities.

http://airush.com/2017/boards/switch-exile/

2017 AIRUSH APEX
airush 8.png
airush 8.png (191.1 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
135X41CM I 138X42CM I 140X43CM
HIGHER ROCKER FOR COMFORT IN CHOP AND FREESTYLE PERFORMANCE
WIDE PLANFORM DESIGN FOR UPWIND PERFORMANCE AND EARLY PLANING
VENTURI BOTTOM SHAPE FOR CONTROL AND SPEED

Suitable for intermediate to advanced aggressive riders, the 2017 Apex delivers a unique
combination of high rocker, increased width, and our new Venturi concave.

Additionally, this state-of-the-art board utilizes an asymmetrical 3D deck shape which ensures a
more balanced response, enhanced user-friendly feel, and added comfort while riding at high speed.

The Apex allows a rider to advance from footstraps to bindings without any compromise in
performance. The reinforcement and style of the board make it a perfect all-round freeride/freestyle
machine.

http://airush.com/2017/boards/apex/

https://vimeo.com/178397759

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Naska Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Waipuliani Park - Kihei - Maui, HI USA
South Point - Hawaii, HI USA
A-Bay - Hawaii, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
South Point - Hawaii Island
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: 2022 Dice 10m/12m SLS, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 15m Aluula Juice
2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2020 Duotone Jaime Textreme, 2014 Best Breeze 145,
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com

Re: 2017 Airush Core Collection Launch

Postby dracop » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:54 pm

Interesting concept with the load frame. Wonder how Load Frame compares with Quad Tex when it comes to stretching out a canopy. One is a skeletal system whereas the other is like a particulate system. I would bet my money on Quad Tex. I am happy to see the innovation though, as I see no reason the tech could not be combined as the companies copy each other. Good stuff in store for 2020!

Now if Airush could just improve the razor!

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:58 pm

Why cant airush come up with their own names? Razor... now core and switch??? wtf

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Faxie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:07 pm

dracop wrote:Interesting concept with the load frame. Wonder how Load Frame compares with Quad Tex when it comes to stretching out a canopy. One is a skeletal system whereas the other is like a particulate system. I would bet my money on Quad Tex. I am happy to see the innovation though, as I see no reason the tech could not be combined as the companies copy each other. Good stuff in store for 2020!

You can go to Tejin and order 5-6-7-8 ripstop if you want. They don't care as long you'll pay.

In a few years we'll have 20-fold ripstop. Know what that means? Right, heavier no-ripstop canopy :lol:

But +1 for marketing :roll:

Oh and here's the load frame in action:

No just look at some pictures... you can see the ballooning effect on new kites already.

MrWolf
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Woodies Point
Gear: 2016 North Vegas + 2016 Airush Razors
2016 Airush Livewire 140 + 2016 North Wam
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby MrWolf » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:57 pm

Do-it wrote:Why cant airush come up with their own names? Razor... now core and switch??? wtf
Airush Razor and Ocean Rodeo Razor had same release date in 2010.
Airush Switch started in 2002, been going for 15 years. What Switch name came out before that?
Core Collection is the name of a range or series, focused on the core of the market. Not a product name.

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
A-Bay - Hawaii, HI USA
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
www.mauikitesurf.com

Postby dracop » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Faxie wrote:
dracop wrote:Interesting concept with the load frame. Wonder how Load Frame compares with Quad Tex when it comes to stretching out a canopy. One is a skeletal system whereas the other is like a particulate system. I would bet my money on Quad Tex. I am happy to see the innovation though, as I see no reason the tech could not be combined as the companies copy each other. Good stuff in store for 2020!

You can go to Tejin and order 5-6-7-8 ripstop if you want. They don't care as long you'll pay.

In a few years we'll have 20-fold ripstop. Know what that means? Right, heavier no-ripstop canopy :lol:

No just look at some pictures... you can see the ballooning effect on new kites already.
Ironically, given your intent, the pic still shows the concept! It holds the mass in place and takes on alot of the stress vs having the meat get damaged. To be fair, you have to bag out a kite before this ever matters - I have accomplished this before! Also, I like really stiff canopies. I sometimes wonder if we couldnt just make a canopy from Dacron.

Not everything is marketing. Some improvements will help a different rider more so than it would help you. Lol though, cause this pic is now on the front page with that tagline roflmao. Im sure Airush is gonna loooooove Toby for that hehe

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:27 pm

dracop wrote:
Faxie wrote:

Ironically, given your intent, the pic still shows the concept! It holds the mass in place and takes on alot of the stress vs having the meat get damaged. To be fair, you have to bag out a kite before this ever matters - I have accomplished this before! Also, I like really stiff canopies. I sometimes wonder if we couldnt just make a canopy from Dacron.

Not everything is marketing. Some improvements will help a different rider more so than it would help you.
Polyester is not some kind of weak shitty material that falls apart without support. It's better to have a cohesive stretch on the entire kite, keeping the surface smooth, than to have a ballooning effect that disrupts the airflow. And kites depend on flexibility to turn, so you don't want them too stiff. Just in the places where it matters, like the wingtips (and all the companies already do that) Your misconception about the frame is exactly where the marketing's aimed at.

Just look at the reflections near the load frame that shows the ballooning effect:

Must be fun when the kites get damaged and ripped too :roll:

And if it wasn't all marketing, surely we would have kites by now with a combination of F-Tech, Quadtex, load frame, venturi, FST, split/fusion struts, cuben fibre, sigmashape etc. For some reason none of the kites with those features really excell in all areas compared to kites with other features. Strangely enough the generally considered best performing kites don't have any of those features. Makes you wonder...

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:58 pm

Blue on the left side of the bar, marketing over function....

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
A-Bay - Hawaii, HI USA
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
www.mauikitesurf.com

Postby dracop » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:28 pm

I must admit Faxie, you pointed out good points! You win, Load Frame is officially a turd. This is why I demo kites first lol
But Im gonna have to fight you on Split/Fusion Strurt technology brah! Having Split Struts with Fusion Tech would be the best thing ever! lol :thumb:
It sounded good tho (as did CF) ahhahaha

MikeBirt
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 81kg
Local Beach: Teesside - UK
Favorite Beaches: Redcar, Beadnell, Budle
Style: everything
Gear: Like to try everything I can :-)
Brand Affiliation: Airush and Shinn (UK importer)
Has thanked: 0

Postby MikeBirt » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:04 pm

As the UK Airush Importer I can say that in 5 years we have had the load frame I have only seen it breached in one panel on one kite.
Compared to normal kites that is zero front to back splits on impact.
Sure you can burst le's and rip struts off, but canopy?
Now not possible to split. That is a massive plus.
Even on the Razor, which aspiring team riders pile drive into the back of the window every 5 minutes, day after day...

Ballooning?
Have you seen what happens to a normal kite after even 5-6 heavy sessions? All kites stretch, and stretch a lot.
You may not see it directly until they are 2-3 seasons old but you sure as hell feel it.
I can take a new kite without load frame and compare it to a kite 5 session old and you can immediately feel the difference.
Load frame is now all over the canopy, not just on the le and trailing edge, so you have lots of smaller balloons, or one big massive one.

Also - Technoforce & Quad Tech
I'd like to see how quad tech stacks up on a stretch gauge again technoforce D2. No data on that yet - until we have an independent test on it, all opinions are those of the marketing department....

Load frame is very good tech, and Technoforce D2 is proven to be physically the best in the industry so far... There have been triple ripstop versions in the past and they were worse than single. The marketing guys tell you 4 is better...?
hmm... show me some comparative science!

Names?
In Europe, none even knows who Ocean Rodeo is! Let alone they have a kite caller Razor... So it must be North American thing...

...gotta love forums :-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”