corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why are kite companies such crap???

Postby corbett » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:50 pm

windsuks wrote:Yup we have some Ozones we also use in our school, so far zero issues

Go ahead and feel sorry for me since you know all about the UK, just keep us updated if you ever do raid them in Scotland where "they are based" as I look forward to hearing how it went.
They are based in Scotland and you cannot deny this. You should try telling Dimitri his company is based in Israel or China. Even he will set you straight!

I know absolutely everything about Britain and how it all works.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:08 pm

What has Dimitri got to do with this or Israel or China?
I'd simply assume that the place where "they are based" to be where they work from, not simply where they registered the company....that's all.

Anyway, that's all on the matter from me, best of luck to you whatever your mission. Bye

corbett
Very Frequent Poster

Postby corbett » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:13 pm

You know Dimitri, the owner of Epic Kites. You could have asked him if his company is based in US, Israel or China and he would tell you "US" because that is where his company is registered. It would be ridiculous to say Epic Kites are based in China or Israel but you're happy to say Ozone kites are based in 2 Mafia states(New Zealand and Vietnam).

I was merely seeking out a businessman that you know, to give you a lesson on business.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster

Postby corbett » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:18 pm

My mission Blast, is to close down all kite shops by year 2020, both online, brick and mortar and move all sales to Amazon.
Those countries without such a great public service will have the seized kite goods for free until we can figure something out.

In some African countries, Philip Morris, BAT, Coca Cola etc give out their products for free to children and young adults. Why shouldn't kite companies do the same?

Clarencephil
Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride

Postby Clarencephil » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Why are you guys even arguing with such an obvious nutcase ?

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:23 pm

Fark yeah - i'll be wrekt if I dont get a free can of coke with a new kite.. fair dinkum mate !

corbett
Very Frequent Poster

Postby corbett » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:17 am

ShaveTheWhales wrote:Fark yeah - i'll be wrekt if I dont get a free can of coke with a new kite.. fair dinkum mate !
I think you misunderstood? the kites that we seize from kite companies as proceeds of crime will be given to the less fortunate, absolutely free of charge.

I used the handing out of free cigarettes and sugary drinks to African children as an example of charity, which me and my team will be inspired by.

Thank You!

Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: North, Shinn, Zeeko foil

Postby Lokihel » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:44 am

I doubt the story of handing free cigarettes and cokes is actually from the bottom of their heart. Probably more a case of making them try something new so they will buy it later.

And also I'm quite sure kiteboarding equipment is quite far down on the list of things poor people actually need/want.
Unless they're going to use kites to patch leaks in the roof of their house, and boards to build walls.

Return to “Kitesurfing”