Naish Slash 2017

Forum for kitesurfers
Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Slash 2017

Postby Frankieboy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi Sandman,
We talk a few weeks ago, I am selling my 10m Slash and live in "Baaltje" :-)
I use slash 6/8/10 and have no problem using a 2016 Naish bar.
My findings is that you need to trim the kite "early" to avoid back stalling.
I can also advise you to go back to the shop where you bought it so the guy (Gaëtan) can check this with you on the beach. Maybe you have a "problem" kite? It can happen...
Anyway he will be glad to check it with you. I gave you my number if you want us to check it together on the beach.
Frank

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire
Has thanked: 0

Postby topmick » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:11 pm

Had a demo 8m Slash for a week & got to fly it 3 times, I've been riding strapless for about 6 years.
I must say I didn't really enjoy this kite & found turning speed quite slow also too much pull through the turn - got ripped straight off my board on the first one. Drift was good & light bar pressure, using a 2017 Naish bar with cleat up top.
Given time I might of got a feel for it but was just happy to get back on my Element5,s.

Sandman begium 1
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sideshoresurfers de panne belgium
Style: Strapless wave/freestyle
Gear: Naish slash
Tomo vader fst 5.1
Been thanked: 0

Postby Sandman begium 1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 am

I flew it in light and strong wind from 18-20 to 28-30 knots
Even in strong wind it drops down.

At the moment i have contact with the naish dealer from belgium and a naish rider. There fore i want to thank icarus surfshop zeebrugge !!
I did't bought the kite in their shop and still they want to help me. bigups icarus!!!

They say they never had tis problem before and anny 4line bar should go on anny 4line kite.
They also say pretty mutch the same as you dirk about the length of the lines.

I will try to do some adjustments as they suggested.
If the problem is not solved they want to meet me to take a look at kite and bar.

Keep you posted!

Sandman begium 1
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sideshoresurfers de panne belgium
Style: Strapless wave/freestyle
Gear: Naish slash
Tomo vader fst 5.1

Postby Sandman begium 1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:32 am

Hi frank

Indeed i have your number, i would like to take a look together if you are still up for it. The thing we do need is wind i guess or do you think we can do somting without it?

Funny to talk to you on this forum :p

Durao
Medium Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fuel x torch

Postby Durao » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:10 am

Sandman begium 1 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 am

At the moment i have contact with the naish dealer from belgium and a naish rider. There fore i want to thank icarus surfshop zeebrugge !!
I did't bought the kite in their shop and still they want to help me. bigups icarus!!!

They say they never had tis problem before and anny 4line bar should go on anny 4line kite.

If the problem is not solved they want to meet me to take a look at kite and bar.

Keep you posted!
I got a Slash 10m, and I had a Pivot 2016 10m. Slash is a really impressive wave kite, great depower, amazing drift, pull enought just a bit less than pivot. I do not have this back stall, even when I set up for a really light winds, the kite still with no backstall.

What is the lenght of the lines, 22m, 24 m? Well I got 22 m lines and it works perfect.
But just as informaion, I took the bar from my slash and I went to set up a Naish park 2014 9m, and for my surprise I o had a lot of back stall on the park, what was not normal with my 2016 bar 24m lines. So now I got some lines extension to set up again the park and have a look if it steel with backstall.
Please let us know if you get it fix with no backstall

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:39 am

Durao wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:10 am
Sandman begium 1 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 am

Keep you posted!
I got a Slash 10m, and I had a Pivot 2016 10m. Slash is a really impressive wave kite, great depower, amazing drift, pull enought just a bit less than pivot. I do not have this back stall, even when I set up for a really light winds, the kite still with no backstall.

What is the lenght of the lines, 22m, 24 m? Well I got 22 m lines and it works perfect.
But just as informaion, I took the bar from my slash and I went to set up a Naish park 2014 9m, and for my surprise I o had a lot of back stall on the park, what was not normal with my 2016 bar 24m lines. So now I got some lines extension to set up again the park and have a look if it steel with backstall.
Please let us know if you get it fix with no backstall
I only got the 10m slash this year and 14,12,8 pivots but the Slash is my favorite kite for sure ! No backstage at all. I wonder if the back bridles were that of a smaller kite put on accidentally in the factory. This happened to me on the 2015 ride 14m. Naish just sent me the right bridles. Read the little tags on your bridles or measure them and compare to someone else slash.

qsilver_za
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St.Kilda, Melbourne, Australia
Style: All
Gear: Lots - Naish/Ozone/F-one

Postby qsilver_za » Sun May 19, 2019 12:33 am

Hello, I have a Naish Slash 8m 2017, I acquired used and it backstalls sometimes in 30 knots and, it doesn't depower properly like you would expect of a wave kite (Comparing to my Reo v5 10M Wave kite) , It's really weird. Did somebody get to the bottom of this? Was it Bridles? I was hoping to use this as my highwind/wave kite - Its really strange for it to backstall considering its supposed to do freestyle as well.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun May 19, 2019 2:51 am

Have you checked your line lengths? If the back lines are shorter, that’s what it will feel like.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 am

yeah for sure what knotwindy said. Backstalls both on the slash and pivot are caused by short backlines...or long frontlines. Those kites are super stable. Unless your lines are off.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Mon May 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Put the kite at 12 and pull the bar all the way in, the kite should lock in place and pull back slightly. That's how I test my kites...I also set my kites up on the last knot, I like my kites to fly a little forward and it puts the bar more in reach.

I think the nature of wave riding just leads to back stalling because you are riding at the kite a lot and that takes tension off the center lines...

Return to “Kitesurfing”