Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha fx 2018 - trimming setting on wingtip

Forum for kitesurfers
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha fx 2018 - trimming setting on wingtip

Postby Faxie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Cab Driver wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:14 pm
shutupjoy wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:34 am
Faxie wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Who are you talking to? :roll:
Cab driver 🚕😎
If I am wrong, then physics is wrong and we need to re-write all the text books and start over. Seriously, just because it's printed on a kite doesn't make it right. I've done my best and can't add more to this.

What really is faster is whatever your brain thinks in the end. Try all the setups and decide for yourself. That is always the best path.
Physics is not wrong, but musclestrength is an important factor too.

Or do you think a small child and a big strong guy can make the same kite respond and turn just as fast?

I experimented with the backline connections too, because I had the same idea as you about the 'more to the back, less aoa change on the same barthrow' . Rode different kites back to back, changing the backlines multiple times during a session, for a few weeks. Conclusion: Musclestrength is way more important than the slight difference in aoa change.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 pm

Let's all get on the same page here and cut out some of the variables. If you have one hand on the center of the bar and twist with the same muscle tension, one of the setups will move the end of the bar farther due to the leverage/resistance of the kite. Does that mean the kite will respond faster?

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:24 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 pm
Let's all get on the same page here and cut out some of the variables. If you have one hand on the center of the bar and twist with the same muscle tension, one of the setups will move the end of the bar farther due to the leverage/resistance of the kite. Does that mean the kite will respond faster?
The barends can move just as far offcourse. The resulting aoa change on the wingtips will be different with other barpressure settings due to the geometry of the tips. To get the same aoa difference between low and high barpressure, you don't have to turn the bar as far, but it will take more effort nonetheless. Your 'armpressure' doesn't change offcourse.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:29 pm

So the same arm pressure will change the distance but will that even out the speed? Shorter distance with less leverage, longer distance with more leverage but how does that change the speed of the kite reaction?

shutupjoy
Medium Poster
Gear: North Evo 2016
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby shutupjoy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:13 am

Cab Driver wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:14 pm
shutupjoy wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:34 am
Faxie wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Who are you talking to? :roll:
Cab driver 🚕😎
If I am wrong, then physics is wrong and we need to re-write all the text books and start over. Seriously, just because it's printed on a kite doesn't make it right. I've done my best and can't add more to this.

What really is faster is whatever your brain thinks in the end. Try all the setups and decide for yourself. That is always the best path.
I dont think that Cabrinha and Fone and North, etc.. huge companies with a lot of years of developments and knowledge are wrong with the printing on the kite...

shutupjoy
Medium Poster

Postby shutupjoy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 am

Blackrat wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:37 pm
Try figure this one out
Very strange. Wich kite is it? Its the oposite of all other kites..

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:33 am

knotwindy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:29 pm
So the same arm pressure will change the distance but will that even out the speed? Shorter distance with less leverage, longer distance with more leverage but how does that change the speed of the kite reaction?
I'm starting to lose you...

If you have a long leverage, you have light barpressure. Basic physics ofcourse. But you have a fixed throw on the bar, so if you shorten the leverage (higher barpressure) the kite will get a bigger aoa change with that same throw length from the bar. We're talking just a few degrees, but it's there.

Now that would make you think you can turn the kite faster too, because of the bigger aoa change with the same bar input. But here's the thing: Because of the higher barpressure, you cannot pull the bar just as fast as you could with low barpressure, because your musclestrength is a constant factor regardless of barpressure. And that translates to a slower turning kite in the end.

One other factor to consider is that even though aoa change will be slightly more with higher barpressure, turning speed in relation to aoa is not linear. So that extra bit of aoa change you get with higher barpressure won't do that much anyway.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:34 am

shutupjoy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 am
Blackrat wrote:
Try figure this one out
Look again, it's the opposite on its own wingtips :rollgrin:

shutupjoy
Medium Poster

Postby shutupjoy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 am

Faxie wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:34 am
shutupjoy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:15 am
Blackrat wrote:
Try figure this one out
Look again, it's the opposite on its own wingtips :rollgrin:
:thumb: :lol:
Damn! Lol
Wich kite is it?! Very not responsible company!

shutupjoy
Medium Poster

Postby shutupjoy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:10 am

Because of the higher barpressure, you cannot pull the bar just as fast as you could with low barpressure, because your musclestrength is a constant factor regardless of barpressure. And that translates to a slower turning kite in the end.

You are going too far with the "high bar preassure", its not so hard to pull even if you a little girl. Its not make it rotate slower if the bar preassure is high.

Return to “Kitesurfing”