Vääna- Jõesuu, Estonia
Style: Freestyle and big air
Gear: Eleveight RS 8m2, 9m2, 12m2 2020
Eleveight Commander 137cm 2021
Has thanked: 0

Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby ColdWeatherKiter » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Good day!
Any real life reviews of the new Eleveight FS yet? I should be getting my FS 12m this week and will go to Fuerteventura during new years. I can put out an unbiased word on the kite then. I would really like to see the brand get some wind into its wings. They seem to be free from the corporate bs and (maybe invest more into R&D than videos n teamriders).
Happy winds to all!

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau
Been thanked: 0

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby ChickenD!ken » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am

Very interested in checking out the range but especially the RS and FS when I get a chance. Almost too good to be true judging by some of the reviews..

https://youtu.be/JA-cUy7r2Qk

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster

Postby ChickenD!ken » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:20 am

..and I guess the WS is a serious wave kite. Ahem..

https://www.eleveightkites.com/news/biggest-wave-ever

harppa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Epic spots of the northshores of Finland
Gear: Eleveight kites, Brunotti boards, ION neoprene and Moses hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Running a school and importing Eleveight, Brunotti, Peter Lynn, ION, Shark SUP and few others.

Postby harppa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Here is on review out of the RS
https://youtu.be/QJQRFQfBvoQ

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 pm

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:10 am
Very interested in checking out the range but especially the RS and FS when I get a chance. Almost too good to be true* judging by some of the reviews..
More negativity.
* too good to be true
phrase of good
so great or impressive as to be difficult to believe.
Last edited by iriejohn on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:32 pm

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:20 am
..and I guess the WS is a serious wave kite. Ahem*..
And even more negativity!
* ahem
əˈhɛm/Submit
exclamation
used to represent the noise made when clearing the throat, typically to attract attention or express disapproval or embarrassment.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm

Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support.

What is effective in promoting the brand with which you are affiliated, Core kites, is promoting the positive aspects of their products.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:30 pm
Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support.
I am critical of any hype, but I do not always consider it negativity. I am looking for the best possible answer, so I focus on the strengths AND weaknesses.

But it is ok if you choose to call me negative. It is true from your point of view.

iriejohn - have you ever benefited from a negative assessment - say in steering clear of a kite or board that was not for you as evidenced by that negative assessment?

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 pm
iriejohn wrote:
I am critical of any hype, but I do not always consider it negativity. I am looking for the best possible answer, so I focus on the strengths AND weaknesses.

But it is ok if you choose to call me negative. It is true from your point of view.
In reply I can only repeat what I said (which you have kindly quoted) which was in respect of promoting a brand: "Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support."

The reason it is not effective (or is even counter-productive) is because at best (or worst, depending how you look at it) it discourages someone from buying the brand about which negative comments are being made rather than encouraging someone to view favourably the brand being promoted!

Or in other words, it does not pay to diss or slag off the competition.
have you ever benefited from a negative assessment - say in steering clear of a kite or board that was not for you as evidenced by that negative assessment?
Only in relative terms when a clearly better alternative is at the same time shown to exist, and exactly how/why.

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster

Postby ChickenD!ken » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:33 am

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:10 pm
iriejohn wrote:

In reply I can only repeat what I said (which you have kindly quoted) which was in respect of promoting a brand: "Making subtle negative comments about other kite brands is not an effective way of promoting the brand which you clearly support."

The reason it is not effective (or is even counter-productive) is because at best (or worst, depending how you look at it) it discourages someone from buying the brand about which negative comments are being made rather than encouraging someone to view favourably the brand being promoted!

Or in other words, it does not pay to diss or slag off the competition.
have you ever benefited from a negative assessment - say in steering clear of a kite or board that was not for you as evidenced by that negative assessment?
Only in relative terms when a clearly better alternative is at the same time shown to exist, and exactly how/why.
Hi.

1.) “almost too good to be true” is the full quote. Do not misrepresent my words while posting dictionary definitions in order to bolster your false premise. I take it you understand what the word “almost” means but to include it would be to undermine your own nonsense. I see you’re the type of person who does not care to understand people intentions or even ask for clarification. Had you watched the video review you might have an idea why I would write something like that. It is pathetic to watch you over-analyse like this.

2.) you do not get to attribute intent to me that I do not have. Namely, that I’m some sort Core agitprop here to spread subterfuge and undermine the new darling of the kiteboarding industry. I don’t care what you think of me or my opinions, so save your energy.

3.) this is now the third time that you have hijacked a thread in pursuit of whatever forum crusade you think you’re on. Please stop, you’ve embarrassed yourself enough. For every time that you contact me from now on, I will send a report to the admin.

Have a nice life and enjoy your time on the water, my friend.

Return to “Kitesurfing”