Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Eleveight FS reviews?

Forum for kitesurfers
iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Eleveight FS reviews?

Postby iriejohn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 am

Firstly you were always correctly quoted. Secondly I have never contacted you, it is you who have contacted me by PM!

Bye.
ChickenD!ken wrote:
Hi.

1.) “almost too good to be true” is the full quote. Do not misrepresent my words while posting dictionary definitions in order to bolster your false premise. I take it you understand what the word “almost” means but to include it would be to undermine your own nonsense. I see you’re the type of person who does not care to understand people intentions or even ask for clarification. Had you watched the video review you might have an idea why I would write something like that. It is pathetic to watch you over-analyse like this.

2.) you do not get to attribute intent to me that I do not have. Namely, that I’m some sort Core agitprop here to spread subterfuge and undermine the new darling of the kiteboarding industry. I don’t care what you think of me or my opinions, so save your energy.

3.) this is now the third time that you have hijacked a thread in pursuit of whatever forum crusade you think you’re on. Please stop, you’ve embarrassed yourself enough. For every time that you contact me from now on, I will send a report to the admin.

Have a nice life and enjoy your time on the water, my friend.

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:54 am

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:33 am
For every time that you contact me from now on, I will send a report to the admin.
Please don't do this. The admin has enough to do without refereeing a simple disagreement between two posters with differing views. Not everyone is going to agree with you. Not every negative comment is grounds for notification to admin. It is great that you are free to disagree with iriejohn on this issue. To keep it that way, just agree to disagree and keep a stiff upper lip with regards to any insults that may come your way. Issue a correction on those insults when necessary - defend yourself. You don't necessarily need to stoop to your attackers level. And try to understand the gravity, and implications, when you find you are bringing yourself UP to your attackers level.

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:16 pm

The reason it is not effective (or is even counter-productive) is because at best (or worst, depending how you look at it) it discourages someone from buying the brand about which negative comments are being made rather than encouraging someone to view favourably the brand being promoted!

Or in other words, it does not pay to diss or slag off the competition.
This forum exists for kiters to present their ideas, views, evidence of such, and for others to discuss those things while presenting evidence contrary to those things.

I have seen 3 forums get taken down by those who chose to only allow positive discussion. This is my evidence for a "positive only" forum leading to a dead forum. iriejohn, I hope you are not in favor of an "every one gets a star" kiteboarding forum.

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau

Postby ChickenD!ken » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:11 am

Indeed, the admin has much better things to do. Like ridding some waves.

This the third separate time (as I said) that I have to deal with this nitwit and it has nothing to do with disagreement. I respect entirely someone’s differing viewpoint. Feel free to browse through my posts and tell me where I think someone’s opinion is invalid, and I will close my account. Can you tell me what iriejohn’s relevant input is on this thread? I can’t. I posted twice about Eleveight clearly stating I’m interested in trying them out and now he has made it about his own pathetic suspicions. Really!?

This person thinks I’m some sort of corporate shill who takes a commission for positive Core Kiteboarding posts on the forum. So, prove it or shut the f*** up. I won’t put up with bullshit and explicitly accusing someone of something for which all you have is your own double digit IQ judgement, is bullshit.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:20 am

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:11 am
This person thinks I’m some sort of corporate shill who takes a commission for positive Core Kiteboarding posts on the forum. So, prove it or shut the f*** up. I won’t put up with bullshit and explicitly accusing someone of something for which all you have is your own double digit IQ judgement, is bullshit.
Yep, you are no corporate shill for Core. I think GraemeF got a talking to from core about the exact language you are using here. You are definetly not promoting the brand with this type of voice. iriejohn is, in my opinion, no better in this aspect. Still, I respect his, and your opinion and value you as contributors in this forum. But I do get quite annoyed sifting through the "low blows", insults, and indications of certain personality traits that come through in both of your posts.

ChickenD!ken
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: It’s MY beach.
Favorite Beaches: Empty ones
Style: Sodomite Stance/Forbidden Footjob
Gear: Your mother aka “My Unholy Armada”
Brand Affiliation: Corporate espionage’s Inspector Clouseau

Postby ChickenD!ken » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:29 am

I appreciate your opinion as well. I pay in full for my gear so I do not have to worry about promoting anything or making any brand look bad, as you’re suggesting. Whatever you think of my personality is of no interest to me. If my tone offends you or anyone else it is because I have reached the end of my patience.

This is where I come to read and write about kiteboarding. It would be nice if I didn’t have to address baseless accusations while trying to do that.

To be left alone in order to do that is all I want.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:17 am

ChickenD!ken wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:29 am
I appreciate your opinion as well. I pay in full for my gear so I do not have to worry about promoting anything or making any brand look bad, as you’re suggesting. Whatever you think of my personality is of no interest to me. If my tone offends you or anyone else it is because I have reached the end of my patience.

This is where I come to read and write about kiteboarding. It would be nice if I didn’t have to address baseless accusations while trying to do that.

To be left alone in order to do that is all I want.
Perfect post! You made your case, used no foul language or insults, and more than adequately explained your behavior. This is something even I struggle with. And I do understand you do not need my approval and may even not care for it. Still, well played!

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:30 am

Just the one review then I guess..

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.78m
Local Beach: West & East Wittering (UK South Coast)
Style: Make it up as I go along
Gear: Bars, Kites
Twintips, Directional

Postby iriejohn » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 am

Matteo V wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:54 am
iriejohn, I hope you are not in favor of an "every one gets a star" kiteboarding forum.
Certainly not. I can only repeat yet again what I previously said:
iriejohn wrote:... "Making subtle negative comments about other ... brands is not an effective way of promoting [a] brand ...

... it does not pay to diss or slag off the competition.
The jury is out on Eleveight kites. We shall see.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Please note:

In the profile of everyone's account are two fields you can fill out:

Gear and Brand Affiliation.

Gear: your current riding gear

Brand Affiliation: the brands you work for, are a team rider of, you sale etc. anything that could affect your opinion. Leave it blank if you have no Affiliation of whatsoever.

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:38 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 am
The jury is out on Eleveight kites. We shall see.
I don't suppose being in West Sussex you are near enough to Unity watersports in Shoreham to test them out? Its a fair old trek for me to get there so I haven't had a chance (the perfect alignment of a day without family and not offshore wind) to drive over but they claim to have demo kites available. Might help to have a known person from the forum reviewing them?

NB. I have no brand affiliation but am interested as they have the correct combination of words in their marketing material to pique my interest and I am looking to get another couple of kites so trying to reduce the options.

Return to “Kitesurfing”