Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha owners (and others too) check your line lengths

Forum for kitesurfers
Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cabrinha owners (and others too) check your line lengths

Postby Herman » Sat May 08, 2021 8:21 am

Peche,

Sorry can’t help with the spring thingy or tangly strap as I have never used that bar only seen it on the beach.

The fact that you can still slack the rears, top end largest kite, just means the bar has not reached the danger point of not being able to “depower” your kites, assuming the kite pig tails/bridle are in tune. Arguably if you can live with the tangly thing you could carryon using the bar, as is, knowing that you will have to use a lot of trim to avoid backstall.

Alternatively to reduce the need for trim you could compensate for the out of tune bar with the kite pigs. Either use a shorter front pig or longer rear pig setting (or a combination of both), ideally the same length as bar discrepancy.

If you want to tune the bar research the many vids. The knots under the floaters spring to mind rather than washing and stretching as a way of extending the rears.

(To be honest those sort of bars give me the creeps because you can’t easily inspect the power lines but it seems many are going that way, and to be fair, similar argument could be raised about inspecting chicken loops and I have happily used them for years!)
These users thanked the author Herman for the post:
peche2013 (Mon May 10, 2021 12:24 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Speedster
Rare Poster
Gear: Blade, Cabrinha, Ozone

Postby Speedster » Thu May 13, 2021 9:44 pm

peche2013 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:07 am
But another thing comes when I depower my bar; the and depower lines of the bar are too long and they tangle around each other or tangle around the bar(I stretch the spring of the bar, but didn’t work that well). Did they stretch too over time? In this case what should I do? Can I trim this two little lines or should I change them and the spring?
This happened to me before, it was annoying but fixable

There is a bungee inside the line and it’s end slipped, so it got loose and rope was stretched

With some patience you can bring the bungee back to the end of the lines that control trim and secure it

peche2013
Rare Poster
Weight: 70 kg
Local Beach: Lancing
Favorite Beaches: Greatstone
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblade
Been thanked: 0

Postby peche2013 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:27 pm

Thank you Speedster! I will give it a try.

Return to “Kitesurfing”