Kite Show Cumbuco 2009 - Event Report
From October 30th to November 1st Cumbuco, Brazil, hosted the first Kite Show.
The event slogan "KITEboarding is back" stands for showing kiteboarding the way it is, as a show with a kite to jump as high as possible, and to show man disciplines, which makes kiteboarding unique in the world of watersports.
The format was best trick and 7 disciplines were held: Kiteloop, Most Spins, Best Hooked, Best Unhooked, Hangtime, Funny Move and Team Relay Race. The riders had to jump as high as possible, since the judges counted height 50% and technical 50%. The riders waited in a line and had 1-2 jumps per round, therefore they had to be very concentrated to land their best tricks.
Due to this format, all attention of the judges, media and spectators was on each individual rider.
With daily winds around 20 knots, water and air temperatures of 30℃, the conditions were perfect in front of the Duro Beach Hotel
. A nice swell hit the coast during these 3 days, creating perfect ramps for even higher the jumps.
International riders registered for the event, such as Gidela Pulido (Spain), Susi Mai (Germany), Tom Court (UK), Yotam Levy (Israel), Mitu Monteiro (Cabo Verde), Ariel Corniel (Dom. Rep.), Jeremie Tronet (Martinique) and the Brazilian world class locals Tomas Teixeira, Eudazio da Silva and Evandro da Silva.
A big thanks to all of our sponsors!
- Placitude www.placitude.net
- Kite Shop Brasil (Mystic and Flexifol, at gas station in Cumbuco) www.kiteshopbrasil.com.br
- CORE Kiteboarding www.corekites.com
- Duro Beach Hotel www.durobeach.com
- Kiteforum.com www.kiteforum.com
- Kitebeaches.com www.kitebeaches.com
- Brasilazy www.brasilazy.com
- Secretaria de Tourismo de Caucaia
- Prefectura Caucaia
- Mar Oeste
- Stelling Architects www.stelling-architects.com
- Funky Design www.funkydesign.com.br
- ACL Restaurant
- Castanha Restaurant
- Gaucho Restaurant
- 0031 Restaurant www.0031.com
- Matthew Philips www.Matthew-Philips.com
Below you will find the results, daily video and pictures of that day!
Media can contact me for high resolution pictures.