Style: ?
Gear: North Rebel
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

kitesurfing spot in Tasmania, AU

Postby sson1216 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:18 am

Hello.
I'm planning to stay in Australia for a month in December. I'm wondering if there is a good kiting spot in Tasmania. And is there any kitesurfing school?
Thank you for reading this!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: kitesurfing spot in Tasmania, AU

Postby Toby » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:13 pm

find locations here:

http://locations.splocs.com/kitesurf/co ... ralia.html

the region part does not work currently, so either use the map or scroll down to the list to find all locations with Tasmania.

I think there could be school on the east coast. But maybe google to find it.

JK377
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South Pacific Ocean...
Favorite Beaches: The ones with 18knots + with flat bits and peaky waves
Style: surf, freestyle
Gear: Ozone baby
Brand Affiliation: None - just ditched GK
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: kitesurfing spot in Tasmania, AU

Postby JK377 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:16 pm

sson1216 wrote:Hello.
I'm planning to stay in Australia for a month in December. I'm wondering if there is a good kiting spot in Tasmania. And is there any kitesurfing school?
Thank you for reading this!
Yo sson1216 did they tell you about the visa entry requirement of bringing 3 bikini models as kite launchers with you? Guaranteed to get you full access to all kiting beaches...

Seriously dood pack ya wettie if you ever want to see the aggots again after surfing here, is on average 10deg cooler here than the rest of Aus even over summer, and we're the closest bit to Antarctica which means we're more liable to see penguins swimming around with you in the surf than Nemo fish.

Got some sweet spots in Tas and a local instructor, but for a school we tend to send people up to sunny queensland or victoria as it can get wild down here. Once spent 5 hrs waiting in emergency in the one hospital in town for a fin gash to the head after stacking it on a wave, now most of us are so hardcore we just use superglue to hold it all back together to let the oldies have free run of the facilities and give us more time in the pub.

We run all kite sizes from 7's to 14/16's, and given the blasting westerlies that come through it wouldn't be unusual to want to use all of them in the one session. So bring all the toys and get around it bloke!!! Yiew!

Return to “Kitesurfing”