Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Perianal hematoma

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: Perianal hematoma

Postby Caesar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:37 pm

ageingkiter wrote:If you don't know what this thread is about, perhaps you don't want to Google it...

For the last few years I have been battling a problem that I only recently discovered is due to kitesurfing. Whenever I have a rigorous session kiting, I develop perianal hematomas which can be very painful and is sometimes required to be surgically removed.

I think this began a few years ago when i started getting into more progressive riding: strapless, boots and c-kites. I usually try to ride efficiently and underpowered for unhooked and I think the problem is that I am usually 'straining' to get upwind and hence where the problem arises.

i 8) 'm wondering if it is possible to fix my technique. this is probably a very strange topic to some of you but i wonder if anyone out there can offer some insight? if not, it's going to be a very sad day for me to go back to freeriding and kiting occasionally :(

cheers!
Hi mate,

Cotton underwear, fibre powder in drinks (as someone else suggested), keep off the booze for a few days, a few showers every day with a medical soap (especially after you were on the toilet, not sitting on anything cold...
That should solve your problem in a short time.
Let us know.

Cheers
Caesar

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby eree » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 pm

ageingkiter wrote:If you don't know what this thread is about, perhaps you don't want to Google it...
For the last few years I have been battling a problem that I only recently discovered is due to kitesurfing. Whenever I have a rigorous session kiting, I develop perianal hematomas which can be very painful and is sometimes required to be surgically removed.
I think this began a few years ago when i started getting into more progressive riding: strapless, boots and c-kites. I usually try to ride efficiently and underpowered for unhooked and I think the problem is that I am usually 'straining' to get upwind and hence where the problem arises.
i'm wondering if it is possible to fix my technique. this is probably a very strange topic to some of you but i wonder if anyone out there can offer some insight? if not, it's going to be a very sad day for me to go back to freeriding and kiting occasionally :(
cheers!
first time i hear the bowels gets hurt because of the kiteboarding activity. your guts essentially are tubes made from muscles that contract and expand all the time. so additional body flex doesn't hurt your bowels in any way at all.

it has something to do with what you eating and/or drinking, or may be your lifestyle: something wrong you do or something necessary you don't do. may be you need more movement between the kiteboarding sessions. but not too extreme movements, just a little bit walk or swim every now and then?

eat healthy but don't go extreme with that, and don't believe in every magic pill advertized on the media.

and wear appropriate to the current weather protective clothes. if it is cold wear wetsuit not just boardshorts.

remember, nature gives us an anus for the one thing only, that is to get rid of the crap. so use it accordingly.
i understand you had contact with doctors, but if one you chose didn't help get a second opinion.

but if nothing else helps send a letter to dr house with a couple of bottles of vicodin (helps to get his attention) :)

Jono 111
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jono 111 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:02 pm

ok...can't quite believe I'm getting involved with this thread, but.....

speaking from similar but different experience, and this is a couple of decades ago...the problem for me was surfing in very cold water and then riding home in my wetsuit on a bicycle. Later, they again coincided with cold water surfing and driving home in my wetty so I could hop straight into the shower at home.

In my case....the problem was getting cold, staying wet and cold, whilst sitting, whether on bike or car. Lesson for me, get out, get properly dry, get warm dry colthes on.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Caesar wrote:
Hi mate,

Cotton underwear, fibre powder in drinks (as someone else suggested), keep off the booze for a few days, a few showers every day with a medical soap (especially after you were on the toilet, not sitting on anything cold...
That should solve your problem in a short time.
Let us know.

Cheers
Caesar
What HE said + :
Do "NOT" strain when your on the toilet or Next-Up may be a full rectal prolapse !

And before anyone laughs at that one , it's NOT an Old-Guy problem ; i know
a Macho Dude that got a Full-prolapse like what i described, at age 27. Perhaps
he needed More fiber in his diet ...

And also, the way you strain while kiteing can be corrected, this was learned
in Martial-arts at age 19 or i might have ended up with the same problem as you --- :
When you tighten your stomach muscles,(while up-winding), the anus MUST be pulled
in and NOT pressed out ; i suspect that your pushing while your trying to tense-up! (maybe)?

Sometimes it's the simplest of things that make things better , i see people who
walk but Don't swing their arms, and their burning about 25% more energy because
of it !!

And Again : "Don't Press too hard when you Poop" ! -------I'm ((NOT)) joking !!!

Bille

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:46 pm

my 2 cents
basic physiology:
the hemorrhoidal plexus are veins (not arteries) that drain directly to the liver

if it is not from straining or a bicycle seat, both of which are fairly unlikely it is more likely from a liver problem, clogged or damaged and back pressuring into the veins and causing swelling and decreased blood flow leading to clotting
get your liver evaluated by some one who knows WTF they are looking at and for

just sayin'

Brent4336
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Brent4336 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:58 pm

This guy is sitting somewhere laughing so hard he's gonna give himself hemroids.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:10 am

and now he'll know what to do about it!

markchatwin
Very Frequent Poster

Postby markchatwin » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:23 am

I've had my share of ass problems from hemorrhoids to a friggin' abscess that required surgery. I am married to a women, love women, have always wanted to f*#^k women so don't even go there (Brokeback Mountain, Deliverance). This dude has got to get a handle on his ass. I recommend cardio exercise, not sitting down, and application of vaseline before kiting! :thumb:

NJOY
Medium Poster
Style: freeride
Gear: gear

Postby NJOY » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:01 pm

I am a nurse, so I will ask the doctors I work with when I get back to work on Monday. They are gastroenterologists. There are many great suggestions on this post already, just proving that on Kiteforum, "Your Ass is Important To Us". Sorry, couldn't help it. :naughty:

I am guessing that avoiding "bearing down" pressure is the key. If you have to edge too hard, you will be using your legs a lot and probably exerting too much pressure on the bottom area. There are so many good boards and kites now, you shouldn't have to do this. This means if the twin tip you are using is causing too much strain to go upwind, try any other board that will make it easier on you. Maybe a board a little wider would help. If you are on a surfboard, a board with a quad-fin set up is great for tracking upwind with almost no pressure down below. Even if there is a lot of current, I almost never have to "work" at it. It is all the board's ability, not me.

I don't want to "ass"ume you haven't tried all that already, 'butt' I know that changing boards can make a huge difference. Also, jumping a board that is heavy causes a lot of undue pressure around the lower, delicate region.

If you are not eating enough fiber in your diet, you need 20-30 grams a day. Most people do not get enough...esp. the American diet. Fiber supplements are helpful to keep everything moving to avoid strain. Make sure you drink plenty of water as well.

Ciao, Njoy

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm

Brent4336 wrote:This guy is sitting somewhere laughing so hard he's gonna give himself hemroids.
i doubt this. "guy" was probably too humiliated to use his/her usual user name and had to make up the new one.

any way this is rather the topic for local medical forum, not for the kf

Return to “Kitesurfing”