Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Biggest Kitesurfing Shop/Stores in Miami?

Forum for kitesurfers
MrStrike
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Buenos Aires - Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Laguna Garzón - Uruguay
Gear: F-One Bandit
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Biggest Kitesurfing Shop/Stores in Miami?

Postby MrStrike » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:06 am

Hi Guys,

I will be visiting Miami in two weeks and I will be looking for kitesurfing gear, can you let me know which are the biggest shops that have more used gear (kites) to visit?

Any comments and recommendations are more than welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Lucas

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Re: Biggest Kitesurfing Shop/Stores in Miami?

Postby toyletbowl » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:24 am

http://adventuresportsusa.com

Check these guys out in Miami.

Everything Cabrinha, NP Surf, JP Australia, Imagine Surf, Neil Pryde and other cool stuff.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

svetliy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach, NY
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Takoon
Been thanked: 0

Postby svetliy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:33 am

I wouldn't recommend you to buy used gear from the shop. They are usually used for lessons an they are pretty bit up; unless it is a demo gear.

Check the TKS shop in Key Biscayne.

DocDeuce
Medium Poster
Local Beach: IOP, Sullivans Island, Folly Beach
Been thanked: 0

Postby DocDeuce » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:12 pm

I have heard good things about Leo at TKS...

whabbits
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Vancouver Island, BC
Favorite Beaches: Comox, BC
Nitinaht Lake. BC
Port Renfrew, BC
Style: learning anything
Gear: LOL, kiting too expensive now.
Brand Affiliation: None, but I used to work at Ocean Rodeo.

Postby whabbits » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:33 pm

If you are going to be on Miami Beach, you really should go check out the new TKS Miami store. It is probably the cleanest and best laid out store that sells kites that I have visited. Their Key Biscayne location is also quite nice but not as pretty as the one in Miami Beach. TKS also has the coolest logo of any kite shop out there so grab a hat or t-shirt.

If you do go to the Key Biscayne location, three doors down is a little restaurant called Patagonia, grab some food there!

If you have the chance, the drive to Islamorada, in the Keys, is worth it. Visit the Otherside Boardsports shop. They have a great crew there. There's a restaurant called MEAT nearby that has great BBQ and beer. If there's no wind they also have a cable park. Probably the nicest people running a shop that I have met in my travels.

With that being said, I do not have a kite shop where I live, so when I travel I try to go to each kite shop and I also try to make a point of buying something from each one. It's hard to run a retail shop. So if they are cool, I buy a t-shirt, otherwise maybe some lip balm, a sticker, or something small just to put money into their till.

Other places to see in Miami is Miami Kiteboarding at Crandon Park, on Key Biscayne. Not much in the way of a shop but they always have great staff from all over the world. Adventure Sports Miami is owned by Cabrinha's corporate parent and although they have a great selection of Cabrinha products, the store just felt like a big chain store to me.

Have fun in the sun.

One more thing....Jupiter, FL, has some great waves and downwinders if you're into that. it will also have some of the best riders around. Jupiter Kiteboarding is a shop worth popping your head into.

Return to “Kitesurfing”