Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Electric Kite Pumps

Forum for kitesurfers
Ergo1
Rare Poster
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Playa del Carmen
Cancun
Favorite Beaches: Isla Blanca
Style: Intermediate
Gear: Liquid Force 8M Envy
Best TS 10M
Best TS 15M
Best TS 12M
Slightshot 12M Rally
Slingshot 14M RPM
Ocean Rodeo 17M
Best Board 140 cm
Slingshot Misfit Board
Lightwave 142cm Board
Lightwave 165cm Board
CrazyFly - LightWind 156cm
DaKine Seated Harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Electric Kite Pumps

Postby Ergo1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:20 pm

I know there has been much discussion about electric kite pumps. After using one, I thought what a great addition to my kiting gear. In trying to sort out which electric pump will give me the least headaches and will give me years of service, I could only find two models that were portable, battery driven, and designed specifically for kiting - the Windchaser and BST12. I wondered who has experience with either unit and their impressions. I will be using the electric pump in the tropics and mostly in a beach enviroment.

Thank You

Eric

makorider
Medium Poster
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:34 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Mantoloking NJ
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Electric Kite Pumps

Postby makorider » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:02 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duck-Covers-Han ... 46235fb38e

It will get you 75% of the way there, finish off by hand.

User avatar
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Electric Kite Pumps

Postby Laughingman » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:04 pm

makorider wrote: It will get you 75% of the way there, finish off by hand.
Sounds like a cheap whore......

IanNJ
Frequent Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:27 am
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Brigantine NJ
Favorite Beaches: Brigantine, LBI, Kite Island NJ, Caberate, Hatteras
Style: Wave/freestyle
Gear: Currently rocking a 12/10/8 CORE GTS3 for waves and wake. Cabrinha Velocity 13/10/7 for Foil.
Boards: LF 139 Element with LFK boots and no fins, SlingShot/MHL NF2 Strapless Foil, CORE Ripper 2 5'10", Cabrinha Secrete weapon 5'10", Slingshot 5'6" Angry Swallow
Brand Affiliation: www.NewJerseyKiteboarding.com and www.GreenHatKiteboarding.com
Location: Jersey Shore!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: Electric Kite Pumps

Postby IanNJ » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:09 pm

Windbone in northern NJ offers them

MACTNKA
Medium Poster
Posts: 196
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:45 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: Nantucket
Favorite Beaches: Madaket harbor, south shore, jetties
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Core, xennon
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Electric Kite Pumps

Postby MACTNKA » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:11 pm

What's the max Psi on this one? I couldn't find it in the description!
http://m.target.com/p/coleman-high-perf ... A-11115252

User avatar
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Electric Kite Pumps

Postby Laughingman » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Ergo1 wrote:I know there has been much discussion about electric kite pumps. After using one, I thought what a great addition to my kiting gear. In trying to sort out which electric pump will give me the least headaches and will give me years of service, I could only find two models that were portable, battery driven, and designed specifically for kiting - the Windchaser and BST12. I wondered who has experience with either unit and their impressions. I will be using the electric pump in the tropics and mostly in a beach enviroment.

Thank You

Eric
I use one of these http://seamaxboat.com/shop/category_Dig ... =cid%3D%26
which is the same one Windchaser sells, just less expensive.

Going on almost two years now. pumps my entire quiver of 5 kites and then some with one 7amh external battery.

I'm not going to vouch for its quality build or anything, it is a Chinese made pump which is being re-branded and sold by Seamax, Windchaser and several other websites, I can say it works and if cared for I think I will easily get 3 years out of it but I'd be happy with 2 years, at $140

RedSky
Medium Poster
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:47 am
Kiting since: 1997
Local Beach: Camber, +Croydon
Gear: Genetrix Hydra
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Electric Kite Pumps

Postby RedSky » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:17 pm

Laughingman wrote:
makorider wrote: It will get you 75% of the way there, finish off by hand.
Sounds like a cheap whore......
:D

Ergo1
Rare Poster
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:59 pm
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Playa del Carmen
Cancun
Favorite Beaches: Isla Blanca
Style: Intermediate
Gear: Liquid Force 8M Envy
Best TS 10M
Best TS 15M
Best TS 12M
Slightshot 12M Rally
Slingshot 14M RPM
Ocean Rodeo 17M
Best Board 140 cm
Slingshot Misfit Board
Lightwave 142cm Board
Lightwave 165cm Board
CrazyFly - LightWind 156cm
DaKine Seated Harness
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Electric Kite Pumps

Postby Ergo1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:51 am

Laughingman wrote:
Ergo1 wrote:I know there has been much discussion about electric kite pumps. After using one, I thought what a great addition to my kiting gear. In trying to sort out which electric pump will give me the least headaches and will give me years of service, I could only find two models that were portable, battery driven, and designed specifically for kiting - the Windchaser and BST12. I wondered who has experience with either unit and their impressions. I will be using the electric pump in the tropics and mostly in a beach enviroment.

Thank You

Eric
I use one of these http://seamaxboat.com/shop/category_Dig ... =cid%3D%26
which is the same one Windchaser sells, just less expensive.

Going on almost two years now. pumps my entire quiver of 5 kites and then some with one 7amh external battery.

I'm not going to vouch for its quality build or anything, it is a Chinese made pump which is being re-branded and sold by Seamax, Windchaser and several other websites, I can say it works and if cared for I think I will easily get 3 years out of it but I'd be happy with 2 years, at $140

I decided to go the same route. Given that the Canadian dollar is depressed against the US dollar, this unit is quite a bargain. Besides after speaking with the SeaMax representative, and looking further at the other products out there, I am sure I've made the right choice.

Thank you all responding to my post!!!!

senorparker
Rare Poster
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:49 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Ridgway, CO
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Electric Kite Pumps

Postby senorparker » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Bravo BP 12, have had mine for a year. Adjust dial to desired pressure and push button, pump turns off when inflated. One of the best kite related purchases ever!

http://www.airpadrekiteboarding.com/kit ... ctric-pump

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:01 pm
Kiting since: 2012
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Electric Kite Pumps

Postby NHKitesurfer » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:17 pm

senorparker wrote:Bravo BP 12, have had mine for a year. Adjust dial to desired pressure and push button, pump turns off when inflated. One of the best kite related purchases ever!

+1


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AGK, Desgro, Google [Bot], Leelanau, madworld, Milko0k, MSN [Bot] and 22 guests

cron