Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2019

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1226
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 91cm/42” masts 590/633 wings, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Coupe 6'
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:34 pm

90x165mm is a standard, hopefully brands can agree that following major standards is a good thing

Life’s too short for proprietary solutions

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 120 and 135
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 set
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 13m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby TomW » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm

T38 mast attachment is a disappointment. They should have either used tracks or used BigHead type integrated inserts with 3 positions 50mm between them. What they did is reliable, light and inexpensive to manufacture- but not very compatible.

Foil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 497
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T38 full carbon Ltd edition.
2019 groove skate naked carbon. 120 and 130 cm
101cm Moses Carbon masts
Moses- 633 wave wing and stab
Moses - 683s wing (smaller than the 633)
Ozone V4 Reo 6/8/9/10/12/
Nobile 50/50 twin tip
North 2018 click bars with Q power lines
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby Foil » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:16 am

TomW wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm
T38 mast attachment is a disappointment. They should have either used tracks or used BigHead type integrated inserts with 3 positions 50mm between them. What they did is reliable, light and inexpensive to manufacture- but not very compatible.
I agree, I thought it was just me thinking that was a bad move,that will turn some people off as this is a board Moses uses will generally trade up to, tracks have to be the best fully tune-able most user friendly and strongest solution to mounting a mast, big step forward changing to it on the T38 Ltd, now one step back putting only 2 hole position options on the standard red production T38, and its not cheap!

tkaraszewski
Medium Poster
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:03 pm
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Moses/F-One/Flysurfer mostly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby tkaraszewski » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:16 pm

Foil wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:16 am
TomW wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm
T38 mast attachment is a disappointment. They should have either used tracks or used BigHead type integrated inserts with 3 positions 50mm between them. What they did is reliable, light and inexpensive to manufacture- but not very compatible.
I agree, I thought it was just me thinking that was a bad move,that will turn some people off as this is a board Moses uses will generally trade up to, tracks have to be the best fully tune-able most user friendly and strongest solution to mounting a mast, big step forward changing to it on the T38 Ltd, now one step back putting only 2 hole position options on the standard red production T38, and its not cheap!
When I saw the new red one, I found a T38 LTD with tracks to order before they're sold out. Maybe they'll make more, but I didn't want to risk not being able to get one with tracks so I bought the only one I knew of that was available in the US.

ap888
Medium Poster
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: Ozone Uno V2 4m
North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Slingshot Hoverglide
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Moses 2019

Postby ap888 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Also massive advantages on tracks strip a t nut just put in new one...if the insert is in the board umm...now what

oregonkiter
Rare Poster
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Hood River
Style: foil
Gear: Slingshot 633/590/DC36/SST
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Moses 2019

Postby oregonkiter » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 am

Doubt I will ever buy a board without tracks. Too limiting.

slowboat
Frequent Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 pm
Kiting since: 2000
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby slowboat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:41 am

oregonkiter wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 am
Doubt I will ever buy a board without tracks. Too limiting.
Not limiting if riding strapless

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 120 and 135
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 set
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 13m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby TomW » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:57 pm

slowboat wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:41 am
oregonkiter wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 am
Doubt I will ever buy a board without tracks. Too limiting.
Not limiting if riding strapless
True.
agree on the stripped t-nut thing too.

But those tracks are not inherently the strongest solution. They are heavy too.

ap888
Medium Poster
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Zion/K peir/Inver/Goderich
Favorite Beaches: Good wind/Flat water/Good waves
Style: Foil/Loops/Big Air/Strapless
Gear: Ozone Uno V2 4m
North Neo (17) 5m
Cabrinha Drifter (16) 8m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 -11m
Slingshot Hoverglide
BWS Stallion 5’
CrazyFly Shox Custom 135
Groove Skate
Ride Engine
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Moses 2019

Postby ap888 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Oh ahh new items dropping :o :baby:
Attachments
700C9D01-85D2-4671-A213-8F5CC10AD619.png

tmcfarla
Frequent Poster
Posts: 299
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:35 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby tmcfarla » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:35 pm

oregonkiter wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:34 am
Doubt I will ever buy a board without tracks. Too limiting.
I borrowed a board with tracks once and found it took a lot longer to attach foil. Not that big a deal, but annoying. My preference would be multiple sets of inserts.

A single set of inserts on a production board is pretty lame though.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Foil, Slappysan and 2 guests

cron