Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2019-2020

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
oregonkiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:26 pm
Style: foil
Gear: Foil stuff
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby oregonkiter » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 am

Your rear wing is mounted backwards

User avatar
Leo de Castro
Rare Poster
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:22 pm
Local Beach: Cauipe
Favorite Beaches: Taiba & Paracuru.
Style: KiteWave
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Brand Affiliation: https://www.akcaucaia.com/
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Moses 2019

Postby Leo de Castro » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:11 am

oregonkiter wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 am
Your rear wing is mounted backwards
I cute.. bad think for the nek!]

User avatar
DukeSilver
Medium Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:43 pm
Local Beach: Pelican Point Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Graveyards
Style: Hydrofoil, Strapless Surfboard
Gear: Ozone Reo, Ozone Hyperlink, Slingshot foil board, Cabrinha Skillit
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby DukeSilver » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:05 am

Leo de Castro wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 am
thanks all
today even with a bad weather i had a great day to try the moses hidrofoil.
gush i'm love foil!

Image

I love my Slingshoot. " just in the head of the wind "

Image

THAKS MOSES CREW! ALOHA!
You think you love the foil now? Just wait till the stabiliser is mounted the correct way - facing forward :o :o :lol: .

derek440
Rare Poster
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 am
Local Beach: Perth
Favorite Beaches: Coogee
Style: Frothing the foils
Gear: Surf kites, strapless surfboards, foil gear, foil kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby derek440 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:24 am

I tried out a 633/483 and loved it, I just would like to go a bit faster for learning tacks and gybes, also I was waaaay forward on my strapless board and in a position where my other boards I wlll be too far forward to use even front footstrap holes without massive front foot pressure. So I bought a 683/483, borrowed a 749 fuse and bought a foilmount slingshot/moses adapter as I already have a hoverglide. I mounted on the 90cm SS mast and rode it and it was great but again feet waaay too far forward. I ordered a stringy 743 fuse and it arrived this week, have mounted and it looks like is definitely going to move my feet back to the right position for my boards. If it doesn't I might start playing with stab shims, seems I'd need some under the back bolt of stab to bring feet back, I could also put new holes in the SS mast plate to move the whole rig back an inch if necessary. Anyway am just waiting for wind to try it out today but hopefully its properly balanced. Will post some pics of the old and new, in the new pic you can see the mast is way closer to the front wing which is good news. btw Cumbuco is awesome and a great place for a 633!
Attachments
IMG_5341.PNG
IMG_5341.PNG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 458 times
IMG_5325.jpg
IMG_5325.jpg (88.61 KiB) Viewed 458 times

alowishus
Medium Poster
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:38 pm
Gear: ozone airush slingshot moses
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby alowishus » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:29 am

derek440 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:24 am
I tried out a 633/483 and loved it, I just would like to go a bit faster for learning tacks and gybes, also I was waaaay forward on my strapless board and in a position where my other boards I wlll be too far forward to use even front footstrap holes without massive front foot pressure. So I bought a 683/483, borrowed a 749 fuse and bought a foilmount slingshot/moses adapter as I already have a hoverglide. I mounted on the 90cm SS mast and rode it and it was great but again feet waaay too far forward. I ordered a stringy 743 fuse and it arrived this week, have mounted and it looks like is definitely going to move my feet back to the right position for my boards. If it doesn't I might start playing with stab shims, seems I'd need some under the back bolt of stab to bring feet back, I could also put new holes in the SS mast plate to move the whole rig back an inch if necessary. Anyway am just waiting for wind to try it out today but hopefully its properly balanced. Will post some pics of the old and new, in the new pic you can see the mast is way closer to the front wing which is good news. btw Cumbuco is awesome and a great place for a 633!
I got the foilmount adapter as well. The alternative “Stringy” adapter though looks like it moves the mast more towards the front wing since the bolt holes are in between and in front of the Moses fuse holes, rather than in between and behind the fuse holes in the case of the foilmount adapter... if that makes sense...
Stringy adapter pictured here:
Image
Attachments
0A7169C0-6B21-48B3-8A19-B867F6B24084.jpeg
0A7169C0-6B21-48B3-8A19-B867F6B24084.jpeg (252.9 KiB) Viewed 367 times

derek440
Rare Poster
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:47 am
Local Beach: Perth
Favorite Beaches: Coogee
Style: Frothing the foils
Gear: Surf kites, strapless surfboards, foil gear, foil kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby derek440 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 am

yeah seeing as how the moses mast has rake and the slighshot mast does not you really want the adapter to be moving the wings aft (like the stringy one) rather than moving the wings forward like the foilmount one. Either way if you get a stringy fuse the problem is solved by moving the mast further forward/moving the wings further back (looks like its also fixed on alu-moses which has mast near front wing). I test rode mine today and with the stringy fuse my feet were way back where the proper footstrap holes are on my board are rather than way forward near the nose (almost off the deck pad) with the 749 fuse. Problem solved. And btw the foil is freakin amazing, I clocked over 28km on it today and top speed around 20kn in pretty crappy wind, am very happy with the stringy fuse and 683s, its a winning combo. So smooth and fast and stable, its high quality kit, makes all the other gear I have tried so far seem like wobbly plastic crap
These users thanked the author derek440 for the post:
alowishus (Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:52 am)
Rating: 8.33%

User avatar
DukeSilver
Medium Poster
Posts: 147
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:43 pm
Local Beach: Pelican Point Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Graveyards
Style: Hydrofoil, Strapless Surfboard
Gear: Ozone Reo, Ozone Hyperlink, Slingshot foil board, Cabrinha Skillit
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby DukeSilver » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:51 pm

derek440 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 am
yeah seeing as how the moses mast has rake and the slighshot mast does not you really want the adapter to be moving the wings aft (like the stringy one) rather than moving the wings forward like the foilmount one. Either way if you get a stringy fuse the problem is solved by moving the mast further forward/moving the wings further back (looks like its also fixed on alu-moses which has mast near front wing). I test rode mine today and with the stringy fuse my feet were way back where the proper footstrap holes are on my board are rather than way forward near the nose (almost off the deck pad) with the 749 fuse. Problem solved. And btw the foil is freakin amazing, I clocked over 28km on it today and top speed around 20kn in pretty crappy wind, am very happy with the stringy fuse and 683s, its a winning combo. So smooth and fast and stable, its high quality kit, makes all the other gear I have tried so far seem like wobbly plastic crap
Nice one Derek. Glad you had a good kite today and loved the new gear. I went out today at Melville but ended up swimming in with a drowned Hyperlink.
Cheers - Ken H
These users thanked the author DukeSilver for the post:
PurdyKiter (Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:26 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

PurdyKiter
Medium Poster
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:53 pm
Local Beach: Jones Beach, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: La Ventana
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer Soul, BRM Clouds, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby PurdyKiter » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:28 pm

derek440 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:48 am
yeah seeing as how the moses mast has rake and the slighshot mast does not you really want the adapter to be moving the wings aft (like the stringy one) rather than moving the wings forward like the foilmount one. Either way if you get a stringy fuse the problem is solved by moving the mast further forward/moving the wings further back (looks like its also fixed on alu-moses which has mast near front wing). I test rode mine today and with the stringy fuse my feet were way back where the proper footstrap holes are on my board are rather than way forward near the nose (almost off the deck pad) with the 749 fuse. Problem solved. And btw the foil is freakin amazing, I clocked over 28km on it today and top speed around 20kn in pretty crappy wind, am very happy with the stringy fuse and 683s, its a winning combo. So smooth and fast and stable, its high quality kit, makes all the other gear I have tried so far seem like wobbly plastic crap
Nice, I too have upgraded my Moses 633/483/91 with the Stringy fuselage mod and I find it to be a nicer balanced ride. This is on my strapless Kanaha Shapes board.

User avatar
Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 9998
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:00 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 233 times
Been thanked: 243 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby Peter_Frank » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:11 pm

DukeSilver wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:51 pm

Nice one Derek. Glad you had a good kite today and loved the new gear. I went out today at Melville but ended up swimming in with a drowned Hyperlink.
Cheers - Ken H

This happens now and then Ken, nothing to do about that, eventhough one '"swear" a lot just when it happens :roll: :x

But gives you SO many good days also, so worth it :rollgrin:

8) Peter
These users thanked the author Peter_Frank for the post:
DukeSilver (Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:20 pm)
Rating: 8.33%

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2432
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana, SPI; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, SST 5m, Turbine 9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses 80/82/91/101/105cm masts with 637/420 695/425 590/330 679/450 wingsets, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 3'6" 2019-2020, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Moses 590/647/330 $690, 80cm alu mast $260
.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 195 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: Moses 2019

Postby grigorib » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:49 pm

Rode 683s in marginal 10 knots wind under 10m Slingshot on 30m lines at South Haven past Saturday. Clocked 21MPH. Had great time but unlike my friend I gave up on 590 set for those conditions.
He rode 590 under 10m SST on 27m lines.
Both on Dwarfcraft Micro in regards to board size.

Deeply thankful to Moses and Slingshot for delivering this awesomeness
Attachments
B2FC7AC0-FC4F-4737-821F-9B93D1C15A14.jpeg


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dave_H, kitedxb, mar menor and 4 guests