Weight: 65
Style: Kite foil
Gear: Duotone pace 4.6
flysurfer peak 11&5
Gong Allvator Rise M
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby bitxopalo » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:45 am

You can seat on the board, or use the leash to tie the board.

I prefer the leash, this way I can swim upwind to restart faster or in case of light wind

Hope it helps

PugetSoundKiter
Frequent Poster
Style: Wake TT, Strapless Surfboard, Landboard
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:08 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:25 pm
...For your consideration, I think this is a close estimation of equal power.
3m peak = 3.5m lei
4m peak = 5m lei
5m peak = 7m lei
6m peak likely = 9m lei
8m peak likely = 12m lei
11m peak likely = 15m lei
13m peak likely = 17m lei
From an old post, but expanding my peak quiver so doing some reading and this seems pretty close for LEI wave kites, considering; projected area (proportional to lift), a lighter kite (less lift needed), a smaller kite (less drag / lift needed).

Comparing only the projected areas
Attachments
PeakNano.jpg
These users thanked the author PugetSoundKiter for the post:
Trent hink (Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:55 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

DaveP
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2020
Weight: 160lbs/73kg
Gear: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Pansh
Been thanked: 0

Postby DaveP » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:36 pm

jkrug, do you recommend the Peak 8m size for foiling in <10kt winds? I’m 160lbs Thanks
jkrug wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:14 pm
both my peak 4's (6m and 8m) have developed tears in the trailing edge that look like very thin rectangles about 1 inch long. they're both probably about 4-5 years old, so in no way am i complaining about the longevity of these kites. i foil a lot, and these kites get most of the use. have others seen this type of wear on their Peaks? I plan to just sail tape them up, but maybe it's time for a new set. I had an old Airrush Ultra just explode (the canopy, not the leading edge) in midair a while back after much use, and i fear the same might happen here.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:39 am

DaveP wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:36 pm
jkrug, do you recommend the Peak 8m size for foiling in <10kt winds? I’m 160lbs Thanks
jkrug wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:14 pm
both my peak 4's (6m and 8m) have developed tears in the trailing edge that look like very thin rectangles about 1 inch long. they're both probably about 4-5 years old, so in no way am i complaining about the longevity of these kites. i foil a lot, and these kites get most of the use. have others seen this type of wear on their Peaks? I plan to just sail tape them up, but maybe it's time for a new set. I had an old Airrush Ultra just explode (the canopy, not the leading edge) in midair a while back after much use, and i fear the same might happen here.

You can use the 8 m2 in 7-10 knots wind, being 160 lbs Dave.

It is a quite "boring" kite indeed, but I use mine regularly in 8-9 knots (being 172 lbs) because it is soooo fast to rig and pack and easy to handle.

So I can recommend this kite, if you dont seek a wavekite or a kite for jumping - but an easy kite fast to rig, that will take your lowend somewhat below 10 knots :rollgrin:

The 6 m2 needs 9 knots to start working, and I jump on the 6 as soon as possible - much more fun to carve around with 6 m2 and smaller.
And no, it is not just "the smaller the more fun" - there IS actually a quantum leap in agility and fun, going from 8 m2 down to 6.
And from here on and down, they all work for carving fun and waveriding :naughty:

8) Peter
These users thanked the author Peter_Frank for the post:
DaveP (Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:57 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Return to “Foil Kites”