Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: 7m and 10m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone Enduro V3 Release Date ?

Postby Qman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Cees Kerkmeijer wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:58 am
Suggestion for improvement : provide the V3 Enduro with thicker / stronger LE bladder. I'm having a lot of vague small leaks in my V1 9- and 12 Enduro. It's now come to a point where I've been offered 2 New V2 Enduro's (for a reasonable price), but who's to say these will last? I practically only kite in shallow fresh water, it has even been suggested that bacteria in the water affects the glue of the bladders (??)
The Enduro V2 is worse for leading bladder leaks than the V1 in my experience. I have just purchased a 4th leading edge bladder for my Enduro V2 (18 months old). My Enduro V1 gets more use and is older, I've replaced the leading edge bladder once, which is still not good enough. I've never had to replace a kite bladder before owning Ozone.

I have also heard about the bacteria effecting the bladder glue with Ozone, but for my kites it is micro holes caused by salt or a grain of sand between the leading edge and the bladder, they are very difficult to repair due to the small size.

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Navene & Campagnola / Lake Garda
Capetown
Paracuru / Brazil
Le Mourne / Mauritius
Gargano
Lake Reschen / Italy
Tarifa
Style: RED
Gear: Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos

Postby Foxi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:58 pm

does anyone know if the Alpha, unveiled late european summer 2018, will have a V2 successor for 2020 ?
I do need a small size complementing my quiver but am not in a hurry if something further deloved should pop up during next months.
I´d also like to know if there´s a chance Ozone to add further sizes to the current Alpha line up. The 10 is great, but 9 was always my must have size.

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1991
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V5, 11/14 Enduro v2, Zephyr V5, Edge V9 10M, Alpha V1 8/10M, Hyperlink V1 9/12m, Chrono V3 13M UL Axis Patrol 1.48, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" Ride engine carbon elite, rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisBoarding

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:04 am

knotwindy wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:15 pm
Maybe since they just spent time and effort on bringing out the Alpha & Amp they need a bit more time to get the Enduro just right? Just a guess, I have no idea how many kites they can fine tune at once.
Some asked me why Ozone does not release every year recently and I pointed out that they have a massive kite range, 15 models which is up to 4 times as many as some brands, and 3 times as many as most of the other major brands. Its simply not practical and economical to release them all as "new" versions every year, or even every 2 years. Some Ozone models will creep into 2+ year before there is a new version, simply because they refuse to release something until they have significantly improved it.
This year we will see a new Edge V10 and a V6 Zephyr, Enduro V3 is planned for next year.

Regarding some posters experience with micro holes in bladdders, as fas as I am aware, there is no bacterial issue, there are several thousand kites in the market here in Australia and we get a massive range of temps, humidity and wind strengths within this massive country. I'm responsible for servicing all of them and I keep records of warranty claims. There were some kites affected by micro holes but that was a few years ago when some larger size edges and zephyrs had a lightweight thinner PU bladder material which was quickly replaced with the same material used in all the other kites, but that was 4-5 years ago.

If you have an issue like this, do you have plants in your kiting area that can cause these tiny punctures? We do in Australia, we have a type of pampas grass that will penetrate the LE dacron, and also a range of prickles and bindi type weeds and thorns that are commonly found along coastal areas. I've witnessed first hand people rolling up on this grass and really pushing down hard on the kite to get all the air out, which is when they get the small punctures. I agree that these small holes are not worth trying to fix and a new bladder is the fastest way to sort the issue out. BUT some of these prickles and thorns break off in the leading edge and they need to be cleaned out using a vacuum cleaner inserted in the LE prior to installing the new bladder because if you don't then you will probably ruin the new bladder.

Anything to do with cracked right angle one pump valves that happens within 3-4 years of purchase will be covered by warranty, just contact your dealer and ask them to submit a warranty claim to Ozone.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9077° W
Style: None
Gear: This 'n that

Postby iriejohn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:02 pm

iriejohn wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 pm
Was wondering the same thing myself and am curious about what changes have been made. Not because I want to replace my V2's but because I honestly can't see how they can be improved.
Now I can see how they can be improved!

Make the LE and struts with Aluula, with bladders and canopy as now. I guess this would take the 12m Enduro V2 from ~3.1 kg to well below 2 kg. Mmmm ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”