Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

climate change /unpredictable weather/wind

Forum for snow- and landkiters
marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!
Has thanked: 0

Re: climate change /unpredictable weather/wind

Postby marlboroughman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Channelling the Malthusian Roots of Climate Extremism

https://quillette.com/2019/10/05/channe ... extremism/

tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Bates 4000, Dominator MX-10
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tegirinenashi » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:23 pm

slide wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:38 pm
I bet there are ways already developed that could power us cleanly , but there are fortunes to be made with oil
Bet with actual money. There are plenty of green energy stocks.

slide
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Brancaster Norfolk 46 miles
Favorite Beaches: mablephorpe , cleephorpes
Style: landboarding with a work harness
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5

Postby slide » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:17 pm

I can see a change at my local beach , one direction wind dominating with storms , torrential down pours , and the highest tide 10 days ago was a 9.1 metres , and you could tell driving down the beach road it was a very big one with slop in the sandy carpark - I've been going down there since 2003 , every Saturday regardless of the wind direction , once I had my car in the car park ,at a big high tide , and I had to back it up on the dune that go's around the car park ,so I/ve seen some big tides .
…. I've had a break from driving and regular kiting for 8years because a grade3 kidney cancer went as a secondry to my brain -my driving license turned up 2 weeks ago Saturday morning and I drove to Brancaster beach for the first time since November 11th 2011 when I had stop driving , and in that time , the beach dunes have really opened up as bigger high tides lash tru and the dune line that was there from the beach opening all the way down the far end has opened up in a couple of places and is proof of higher water levels, giving us higher tides bashing tru , I know because I remember what they were, in the northern hemisphere, the jet stream has been acting very differently to how it use to , this is fact and we get and have been getting some very changeable conditions caused by the Jetstream in an unusual pattern , and now we have the remnants of a hurricane , petering out but causing more jet stream vulgarity
and bear in mind , I use to go to this beach every Saturday ,and when the conditions were good i'd go sunday too , I know this place very very well -the toilet floods in very high tides - its a sesspit and over flows , and there has been a few changes weather related , and I can see the weather is changing not for the good, i'm hoping its tempory but I don't believe it is , it fits with the scientists reports- I've been to Brancaster beach 3 times in 2 weeks , and not seen one kitesurfer, where normally there are a few or if its good there can be 50, but we haven't had any onshores for a long time , I know , I watch the forecasts for this beach all the time

slide
Medium Poster
Gear: old blades and old flysurfer's , ckb/dex carbon decks/and now 6/8/10/12 soul, 15 spd5

Postby slide » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:51 pm

extinction rebellion protestors out today , clogging up London streets and around the world , holding banners such as "TELL THE TRUTH", and there was one older gentle man saying I really can't see why they are doing it , stopping everybody going about their business-with music and the streets absolutely crammed , no cars to be seen , just hundreds of very optimistic people hoping for a sustainable healthy future for themselves , and A FUTURE for their kids and their grandchildren and so on and so on-WHY ARE THEY DOING IT? :bye: to show people -this is what our world of greed is giving us :angryfire: ………………. :evil:...………………. :remybussi: the power of love needs to overcome the love of power ,jimi 1969

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:23 pm

"I do think that we have to be realistic, and realism dictates that hydrocarbons will have a major place in the global economy for the next 100 years".

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/busi ... XS7pQcMN8u

slide
Medium Poster

Postby slide » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:30 pm

but that will be too late ,that's the problem , things need to change and it is very possible for big changes where business could be healthy , commercial possibilities are endless ,but it should not be about greed , greedy bosses of big corporations taking big bonus's, and more people than ever this year globally will try to live tru the winter on the streets we just have to think different , different and quick , and its doable , but only if we want it , and after seeing the global protests around the world today , plz don't tell me it can't be done , as we approach the next few years this will become even more apparent , but what if the leaders of the rich nations actually want some global population disasters to bring the population down world wide to relieve the pressures we will see as food production decreases , because nations that grew food either to sell to other nations and or their own - the ability to produce enough food for the whole world will deffinately decrease as disasters will ruin many crops and render many arable areas unable to grow anything as global waters rise , there is no dispute on this , if we continue to raise average global temperatures as is predicted , many low lying lands will be lost to the sea , where do them people go ,when mass populations have no food , what will be the likely out come , death disease viral out breaks that will kill millions

slide
Medium Poster

Postby slide » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:50 pm

extinction rebellion protestors out again today around the world , in big no's, blocking movement around the world in the cities

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:50 pm

Welcome to the age of woke science.

slide
Medium Poster

Postby slide » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:42 pm

as in wake up

SimonP
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Rotorua Lakes, Maketu, NZ
Favorite Beaches: Aotea, Maroochydore, Faro, Aitutaki
Style: Foiling, free-style, waves
Gear: J-shapes foil, Switch kites, Underground twintips, misc surfboards.

Postby SimonP » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:31 pm

Net greenhouse gas emissions must reach zero by mid-century to limit warming to no more than 2°C above pre-industrial levels. The faster we make reductions, the more time we have. It's that simple.

Return to “Snow / Land”