tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Pivot 2020

Postby tautologies » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:20 pm

RustyChain wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:38 pm
It's pretty nice. Doesn't leak, easily holds the 15-20 psi you put in. Will be a little nicer to pack up the kite because it will stay wide open, vs sometimes the little neoprene cover wants to go back in place. It seems like it would be heavier, but that may not be the case especially if you consider the neoprene part.
:thumb:
Yeah making it flush with the kite seems pretty awesome.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: No brand affiliation
Has thanked: 0

Postby alexeyga » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:57 pm

tautologies wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19 pm
Every kite comes with an adapter. I guess what will happen is that we get pumps, and keep the converter in the kite bag? Doesn't seem like a huge issue. I am used that from another kite I own, and through the years that have literally never been an issue.
Nope, far from it. Most sane brands nowadays require nothing but standard hose with no adapter - or a boston-valve adapter which has been a part of standard kit supplied with every pump.

And then there's F-One, LF, Core, Doodle-tone, as of now - Naish and some others who's inflate valve only works straight with the same brand's hose or a proprietary adapter.

Question is - hasn't Naish been using boston valve these last few years? Why change for something more fancy?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:34 pm

alexeyga wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Nope, far from it. Most sane brands nowadays require nothing but standard hose with no adapter - or a boston-valve adapter which has been a part of standard kit supplied with every pump.

And then there's F-One, LF, Core, Doodle-tone, as of now - Naish and some others who's inflate valve only works straight with the same brand's hose or a proprietary adapter.

Question is - hasn't Naish been using boston valve these last few years? Why change for something more fancy?
Well, just because something worked at some point, doesn't mean we should not improve, right? If your argument is to not evolve products (I do not really think it is), I am definitely not with you. Like some people have an issue using old style pumps because the nozzle comes out once there is a certain amount of pressure. With a locked in system that will not be an issue. I am not saying this is a huge issue, but every little bit helps. I am more worried about the external system, but again, it was never a primary issue for me. I do prefer to have a one-pump system.
The adapter I had was for cabrinha and BRM. Maybe they do not have it anymore, but it wasn't an issue for me.

I also just realized I have an electric pump for the new Naish exact connection. I got one for an old iSup and the nozzle should fit exactly. Funny (to me).

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: ¤°

Postby POACHER » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Holy shit.......is this a legit bitch session about the new nozzle needing a different adapter? :duh:

How do some of you guys manage to even wipe your own asses in the morning?

wtff.
These users thanked the author POACHER for the post:
tautologies (Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:54 pm)
Rating: 10%

jonysan
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Saunton, Weston S Mare, Bournemouth
Favorite Beaches: La Morne Mauritius, anywhere warm
Style: Wave , hopefully smooth
Gear: Naish Pivots, F-One Mito 5.8,

Postby jonysan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:01 pm

Totally agree with you Poacher.
Oh, and Gonzolinho must be very happy, as he and other Octopus haters have influenced market forces enough for Naish to decide to drop a perfectly good, excellent system for a standard "OK"ish external pipe work system. A bit like saying most Ferrari's don't have good rear view vision, when you are never going to own one.
These users thanked the author jonysan for the post (total 3):
niknas (Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:02 pm) • POACHER (Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:25 pm) • knotwindy (Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:59 am)
Rating: 30%

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 7, 9, and 11, Cabrinha Vector 12, Best Bularoo 16
Long Ocean 134 and 136, Cyclone 135, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Cyclone 6’0”, Slingshot Hoverglide foil

Postby Hugh2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:17 pm

This sounds like a royal pain all around, especially the inability to use someone else's pump. I'd better buy some more older Pivots!
These users thanked the author Hugh2 for the post (total 2):
Exal (Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:50 pm) • knotwindy (Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:59 am)
Rating: 20%

andylc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Exmouth
Favorite Beaches: Saunton Sands
Gear: F-one Bandit 12 7m, 10m, Breeze 13m
Lieuwe Shotgun 132

Postby andylc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:47 pm

I really cannot believe that needing a specific adaptor is considered a downside of a new kite design. The new F-one kites use an SUP style valve - every kite comes with one so I just leave a spare in the kite bag. Not sure if it’s the same one Naish are using but it’s definitely the best valve I’ve used, really easy inflation and deflation, no leakage and the entire valve can be easily replaced.
Last edited by andylc on Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gonzolinho
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2050
Gear: too much

Postby Gonzolinho » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:45 pm

jonysan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:01 pm
Totally agree with you Poacher.
Oh, and Gonzolinho must be very happy, as he and other Octopus haters have influenced market forces enough for Naish to decide to drop a perfectly good, excellent system for a standard "OK"ish external pipe work system. A bit like saying most Ferrari's don't have good rear view vision, when you are never going to own one.
I am really happy for you and Poacher that both of you know how to wipe some asses. Seems to be some real challenge for you.
Soon both of you will also be able to get into the fascination of kitesurfing instead of being forum typing heroes only. You only have to believe in it :thumb:

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: ¤°

Postby POACHER » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:58 pm

You would complain about anything new from them you twat. So why even bother posting.

It's funny you took issue with my "not being able to wipe your own ass" comment without citing you specifically..... because really everyone here knows that it's you I'm referencing. :rollgrin:
Gonzolinho wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 pm
When it's really blowing your time closing the valves will be longer for sure but its not the time. Nobody cares about a few seconds...
The kite is shaking and twisting around like crazy during the time closing them. Sometimes the bridles tangle around the wingtip. And then you will have to untangle again. In about 20 Knots or more a pain in the ass....
But I suppose if you weren't up to task for closing the Octopus valves that new valve is really going to be a struggle for your little hands.....
4a1c43130b90b152b08e450b80ba3247.jpg
4a1c43130b90b152b08e450b80ba3247.jpg (69.36 KiB) Viewed 105 times
Thanks for playing dummy. Move along now, the grown ups are talking.

Ice101
Medium Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 am

tautologies wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:41 pm
Oh that looks super sweet. Getting pumped here. haha.
It that a pic of the inflation system? Does it work well? Is it compatible with normal pumps?
Better it is compatible with the cheap decathlon sup pumps at 20 quid and they blow it up in seconds and way easier than a kite pump! Bandits been using that system for last two years and it is awesome with an itiwit sup pump! Better pressure gages fitted on them too :-)
These users thanked the author Ice101 for the post:
tautologies (Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:55 pm)
Rating: 10%

Return to “Kitesurfing”