Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Introducing the Smoothy from Ocean Rodeo

Postby Toby » Fri May 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Ocean Rodeo News:

Introducing the Smoothy

or 1.jpg

Available in six sizes, each with its own unique flavour!
Sizes: 130 x 39 / 133 x 40 / 136 x 41 / 139 x 42 / 142 x 43 / 145 x 45

A twintip that brings something new to the table.
Built with everything we’ve learned from almost 2 decades of twintip design and freeride prowess, the Smoothy is a freeride twintip unlike any other.

or 2.jpg

WHAT MAKES THE SMOOTHY SO UNIQUE?

The thing that makes the Smoothy stand out from the crowd (and it's a big crowd) is its shape!

The Smoothy is built with a deep double concave in tandem with precision-made contouring and perimeter flat rails combined with a medium rocker. All this allows the board to give some pop for jumping with the comfort of letting that double concave lock you back into the water.

or 3.png

"The outstanding design feature of the Smoothy is the huge double concave in the base. We’ve seen double concaves come and go for the last 20 years and they have always been synonymous with providing a super soft ride, like air suspension. (Aaron Hadlow may have won World Championships on a double concave, but his board was much shorter and stiffer). The level of feel differs according to the size and design of the double concave, but every double concave feels like a double concave. The Smoothy really is smooth and comfortable, so much so that you feel like you’re riding a few centimetres off the water." - Kitesurfing Mag

EVERY SMOOTHY COMES FULLY LOADED

GROOVE 155 FINS

or 4.jpg

Carve harder, go faster, and stay in control.

Made of high grade, durable polycarbonate, the Groove 155 features a precision shaped groove that runs lengthways along the foil, diverting air pockets before they reach the fin tip.

BLISS AIR

or 5.jpg

Ultra durable and comfortable pads, straps, and grab handle.

Made of dual density EVA foam pads and offering near infinite strap configuration options, the Bliss Air pad & strap system present your feet with the perfect balance of comfort and control when riding.

https://oceanrodeo.com/product/smoothy/

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Re: Introducing the Smoothy from Ocean Rodeo

Postby SENDIT! » Fri May 24, 2019 8:22 pm

I got a chance to ride the Smoothy at the Ocean Rodeo Crew Event a few weeks ago. What a great board! Eats up chop like the Mako, but is a more intuitive ride. You can just ride it like any regular twin. I rode a few of the sizes, but the 139 was definitely my favorite. Very easy to carve and slash around, but not slippery. Not only did I like it, but so did everyone else that rode it. I brought a 139 demo back for other people to try (it's for the BUSINESS, I swear :wink: ), but we're currently sliding into our summer winds, so having to wait for a bit. :cry: For now, it's off to foil!

SENDIT!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri May 24, 2019 8:45 pm

I really like the name 👍🏻

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil

Postby SENDIT! » Fri May 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Toby wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:45 pm
I really like the name 👍🏻
Yeah, it sort of says it all, bc that's exactly what it is. And now, for some reason I'm craving a blended fruit concoction. 😜

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby alford » Sat May 25, 2019 2:58 pm

Sendit, what kind of winds did you ride and like the 139 in? Thanks

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SENDIT! » Sat May 25, 2019 6:54 pm

alford wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 2:58 pm
Sendit, what kind of winds did you ride and like the 139 in? Thanks
The first time I rode it the winds were somewhere around 25-30 mph. The next time was around 20 mph. I was riding it in the sound, so lots of little bumpy chop in that wind direction. I started on the 142, but it was the 139 that really my favorite. Sort of surprised me, if I'm honest, b/c I usually need a little larger board/kite than everyone else. I somehow didn't have that problem. I would generally ride a Mako 150 anytime I can, unless I need something bigger like my Litewave Wing 165 (or foil, now), but this board is making me reconsider that. Lots of fun, alford. I recommend you try to get a demo wherever you can. :thumb:

SENDIT!

Coopes
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Weston Super Mare
Favorite Beaches: Exmouth
Style: Freestyle
Gear: 14m Rally
10m Rally
8m Rally
Axis Vanguard
GreenShox
Has thanked: 0

Postby Coopes » Sat May 25, 2019 8:37 pm

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Sun May 26, 2019 12:57 am

Sendit, will the 139 do better in less wind than the 150 Mako?

Return to “Kitesurfing”