Rare Poster
Kiting since: 4
Gear: North/F-One
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby kitedonky » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am

I just wanted to check with the people who have already got their 2020 kites, have you got marks on it, like ink marks. You will see them when you unpack it. I have heard that Duotone is delivering kites with marks that come from the kite bags.

I would be interested to know if anyone has an official answer from Duotone. If I order if I will also have to face this issue?

Dan-at-Duotone
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Crazy Beaches
Style: Kooky
Gear: yes
Brand Affiliation: Sales/Marketing/Service for Duotone/Ion in North America

Re: Duotone 2020

Postby Dan-at-Duotone » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:14 pm

Short answer: No, you do not need to worry about any issues. All kites bought from retail stores are cosmetically perfect.

Longer answer: A portion of the initial shipment of kites had color migrate from the back panel of the bag to the canopy of the kite in shipping (basically a small cosmetic smudge, doesn't affect performance or longevity of the fabric). We discovered the issue after the first shipment landed and sorted it out at the factory so subsequent shipments have corrected the issue. All of these 'blem' kites were intercepted at the points of distribution, marked as "B" quality, and are being held for use as demo/team/school kites, as it's a fairly small percentage of a single shipment that were affected. We used all B quality kites for our AWSI event here in Hood River and none of the dealers could spot the blems once the kite were laid out/inflated, however we understand that each kite purchase is a large personal investment for our customers so, again, we will only be releasing A quality kites for retail sale.

-Dan

Return to “Kitesurfing”