Kiting since: 0
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

RRD Vision or RRD Religion

Postby chuski » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Hello!!
I´m a beginner in the kitesurf and I need advice to get my equipment. I´m in between a 2016 RRD Vision MK IV 9m or 2016 RRD Religion 8m. I know RRD Religion is a wave kite but some people told me that it´s a very reinforced and good a learning kite.

I also need to say that the price of a used RRD Religion + RRD bar is almost the half price of a new RRD Religion.

Thanks for your help!!

or6
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding, strictly strapless, some TT,
Gear: RRD Religion 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Shinn Bronq

Re: RRD Vision or RRD Religion

Postby or6 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:42 am

Hi Chuski,

I've been on the Religion for a few years now, have also been teaching with it. It is a little fast in the smaller sizes for beginners, but it is definitely suitable for beginners.

The vision is a fine kite for beginners too. It all depends on what you would like to use it for in the future...Twintip or waveboard? If price is important to you: go for either one of them, whichever is cheapest, both will be fine.

chuski
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Cabrinha Drifter

Postby chuski » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:34 am

Hi gold6,

I´m still at the waterstart. So I can´t say which modality fit me more. The board I have it´s a 2014 RRD Placebo. I don´t know if it afects to the choice.

I'm looking for a kite that allows me to make beginner mistakes and help me to learn fast. I think it could be good to have a versatile equipment.

or6
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding, strictly strapless, some TT,
Gear: RRD Religion 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Shinn Bronq

Postby or6 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:07 am

Your board is fine. Choose the Vision or the Religion, based on price. They will both be fine for beginners.

woolly_ed
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: UK southcoast
Style: Strapless surf
Gear: RRD and Stallion

Postby woolly_ed » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:28 pm

I started on Visions and have had religions for years , among some norths, Fone's, switch kites and a few others, I keep coming back to religions as they are so good, I've had 10 religion kites in different sizes and marks and currently own 3 and 1 obsession. I have owned both of the kites you are considering all be it my Religion of this mk was a 9m.

Personally I'd go to the Religion and stick there, Visions are probably a marginally better beginners kite but the religion will last, not just because it is bullet proof but there is room for progression on it. The visions damage easily compared to the Religion.

I also think a lot of the RRD kites are good but not great in their sectors, the Religion was the RRD moment of genius (if one compares RRD to the car manufacturer Lancia the religion is the Delta Intergrale) it just a really good kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”