Rare Poster
Local Beach: North America
Gear: _if it Flys or Floats
Brand Affiliation: _mars bars

Re: Gorge - just moved from long island sound

Postby Jamesconn300 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:18 pm

ELI wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:52 pm
James,You found Vancouver to be 1/3 the cost of CT? LI? on the sound ? Could you be clear ,looking myself for a additional option. I can't make the cut for you to hang with . I can keep up with most or exceed with time on the water and skill ,but I'm not a dangler .
Hey Eli,

Thanks for not taking the Age dig so personal LOL!

Send me a DM! Is that possible on this forum?

Jamesconn300
Rare Poster
Local Beach: North America
Gear: _if it Flys or Floats
Brand Affiliation: _mars bars

Postby Jamesconn300 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:22 pm

matth wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:22 pm
Jamesconn300 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:36 pm
Hello Pacific Northwest,

I just moved from new england with my gf of 6 years to Oregon/Washington. Living across the bridge in Vancouver WA.

I convinced her to move here because I was fed up with variable terrible gusty fronty conditions back on long island sound - also cost of living is a third here and no state income tax.
Also, her program is a fraction of price and we are paying own way.

Its a high of 50 degrees today - Anybody kite when it's this warm at the gorge, i assume so...

Anybody on here downhill ski or snowboard? My kite gear skis and snowboard get here on Wend.

I got a ski touring set up to climb mt hood, seems to be dumping on the mtn. I have no idea what I'm doing so I will prob take an avalanche class.

Anyone on here live in portland or area that Kite, Ski and/or Snowboard? Any alpine touring or split boarding? Looking for a friend lol.

Im 27yo, not looking for any 80 year old grampa kiting pals. Had way to many of those back home. Literally no one younger than 40, made the hang after and before sessions different. :jump:

Apologies for the self-serving post, I understand this post will be of value to me alone, probably.
thanks, everyone.

I kite in Mass, Boston area and Cape Cod and we get lots of beautiful steady winds, thermals in the summer and anything from the East is usually silky smooth...

Long Island Sound is not know for great wind.....Long Island Atlantic side is a different story...

Yeah we used to go up to Falmouth growing up very frequently and I would watch my dad rip on buzzards bay with randoms going so fast on the sailboard.

LI has much more consistent conditions but the cost of living is much higher and the ny state taxes are outrageous.

iriejohn
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 80kg, 1.76m
Local Beach: 50.7752° N, 0.9076° W (UK South Coast)
Gear: Lieuwe Shotguns
Ozone Enduro V2s
Flite 14.5 Aluula
Duotone Fish
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby iriejohn » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:45 pm

Jamesconn300 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:14 pm
Hey All,

I was trolling with that last piece and thought my sarcasm was clear, and I apologize if offended anyone. It is true, I am only kitesurfing in the first place because of my father and he only was windsurfing because his dad exposed him to basic dingy sailing a few times. Look dudes, I have a serious appreciation for the previous generations that invented the gear and took the risks.

My best times kiting yet were with dudes in their 80s... My neighbor back home is a grandfather with multiple grandchildren, and we shared most of my sessions plus he taught me so much.

Don't get it twisted boomers, I know you all have much more ability and technique now than I probably will ever have. :rollgrin:
You need to get your head out of your arse, sweetpops. Just sayin'. :)
These users thanked the author iriejohn for the post:
Jamesconn300 (Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:25 am)
Rating: 6.67%

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:57 pm

Jamesconn300 wrote:
Hey All,

I was trolling with that last piece and thought my sarcasm was clear, and I apologize if offended anyone. It is true, I am only kitesurfing in the first place because of my father and he only was windsurfing because his dad exposed him to basic dingy sailing a few times. Look dudes, I have a serious appreciation for the previous generations that invented the gear and took the risks.

My best times kiting yet were with dudes in their 80s... My neighbor back home is a grandfather with multiple grandchildren, and we shared most of my sessions plus he taught me so much.

Don't get it twisted boomers, I know you all have much more ability and technique now than I probably will ever have. :rollgrin:
Your arrogance and immaturity comes through even when you are "apologizing". Learn some humility....it will improve your life.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:44 am

Let's not be a bunch of over sensative boomers here, I found his apology just fine.
These users thanked the author matth for the post:

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:56 am

But why does my iphone not sync with my emails james?
These users thanked the author BWD for the post:

John Doe
Medium Poster
Gear: The cheap kind.

Postby John Doe » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:21 am

grigorib wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:24 pm
Jamesconn300 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:36 pm
Im 27yo, not looking for any 80 year old grampa kiting pals. Had way to many of those back home. Literally no one younger than 40, made the hang after and before sessions different. :jump:
That’s not a nice thing to say, not at all
I'm 50 & I think it's hilarious. Face it, most of us that have time & money to kite a lot are 50 & older. It's funny!
These users thanked the author John Doe for the post:
Jamesconn300 (Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:24 am)

John Doe
Medium Poster
Gear: The cheap kind.

Postby John Doe » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:23 am

slowboat wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:57 pm
Jamesconn300 wrote:
Hey All,

Your arrogance and immaturity comes through even when you are "apologizing". Learn some humility....it will improve your life.
He was kidding & it was funny. You're the one that needs to lighten up.
These users thanked the author John Doe for the post:
Jamesconn300 (Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:24 am)

ELI
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: ELI
Style: Surf
Gear: Cabs,Sling and Custom

Postby ELI » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:37 am

James,No sweat ,I have been traveling and busy before this to get back too you . Best of Luck in the NW. Been kiting 9-7 mtr at Kite Beach,and a early morning MTB ride in Stellenbocsh ?wine area yesterday .Doing DW from Dolphin to Haakgat this afternoon , Headed out for morning run .Will be toooooo windy the rest of the week .

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Style: silly
Gear: naish torch 12m,9m,epic renegade 6m,9m,screamer 12m. ug styx, skillet

Postby pj sofine » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:59 pm

I'm just trying to figure out who his dad is ? I'm from those parts and was part of the windsurf /kiteboarding scene, racking my brain to see if I can come up with a face lol .That was a tight group, some of the best windsurfers, kiters I've come across in one area.

Return to “Kitesurfing”