Levitaz vs. Armstrong

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
kitegirls
Medium Poster
Gear: North Kites and Click Bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Levitaz vs. Armstrong

Postby kitegirls » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:59 pm

Okay, final comparison. It seems in terms of construction, components and quality these are the two best foils on the market but they seem very similar. Which is best?

tkaraszewski
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Hood River/Caribbean
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone/Levitaz

Re: Levitaz vs. Armstrong

Postby tkaraszewski » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 pm

Best for what? Armstrong makes primarily surf foils and Levitaz makes primarily fast kitefoils so I don't see how they're particularly similar.

kitegirls
Medium Poster
Gear: North Kites and Click Bar.

Postby kitegirls » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:21 pm

tkaraszewski wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 pm
Best for what? Armstrong makes primarily surf foils and Levitaz makes primarily fast kitefoils so I don't see how they're particularly similar.
Comparing the below two foils specifically. As well as "best" meaning best quality build, best customer support, best components etc.

https://levitaz.com/shop/product/cruizer?variant=171

https://www.realwatersports.com/product ... il-package

Although I would most likely be going with this mast;

https://www.armstrongfoils.com/100cm-mast/

They seem fairly similar as far as application and specs go. My specific application would be 50% freeride and 50% surf in 3 to 6 foot surf. And beginner friendly.

juanpasala
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2017
Local Beach: Calima
Favorite Beaches: Calima
San Andres
Cabo de la Vela
Style: Freeride / Foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot 10 / Soul 10 / Sonic 3 11-15
Crazyfly Raptor LTD / Cogua - Levitaz Bionic

Postby juanpasala » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:05 pm

Cannot compare those wings, totally different.
The equivalent to the armstrong from levitaz would be the Shaka M, which is almost exclusivelly dedicated to surf, but can also be used for kiting.
Also, if you ll be doing a lot of surf then go for an 80 cm mast, 100 cm is intended for kite freeriding, as a longer mast tends to be harder to controll in the swell.
If I were on your place I would go for the Levitaz cruizer, as it is a nice wingset for kiting and learning, and if you feel more serious about getting in the swell then get a shaka wing.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:06 pm

tkaraszewski wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 pm

Agree, all these comparison questions poured out now does not make much sense, when asking "in general"....

These almost seem to be troll postings, but I believe they are for real though :wink:

Impossible to say what is "the best" - this is where you are wrong and out on a limb.

Some has put the exact same questions out regarding kites - without having a clue what they seek, which does not make any sense.

When you never go into details about for what and which exact parameters and details you find most important, you wont get (m)any useable answers - but as I might have said before, I dont think you know yourself, you are trying to find a new foil and can not decide, so clinging to getting "the best", without really having any clue, but you want others to tell you.

Of course this is probably why you seek help in here, which is fine, but it does not work as you are too un-specific.

Go buy one, doesnt matter which, Moses-Armstrong-Ketos-Levitaz, they are all really good but different.
Two first pricewise lower cost, two last two high end brands more costly.
It does not say anything about what you should choose though, nor what works the best for you, so just pick one.

Later in a few years, you will know EXACTLY what you seek, you dont have a chance right now, sorry to say :wink:

8) Peter

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:10 pm

I have ridden Moses ,Levitaz and Armstrong. The 633 Onda, Levitaz "Cruizer" and the Armstrong CF1200 are the most popular wing sets of each company and depending on your needs, they all perform exceptionally well. Armstrong and Levitaz have a single fuselage that accepts multiple wings if you plan to upgrade. Moses wings can be upgraded but another fuselage would be required if going from a Kite Wing to a Surf wing(663-590).I would rank the build quality as Armstrong, Levitaz and Moses. When you have had the opportunity to see an Armstrong Foil you will be impressed by the quality of the components. Both Moses and Levitaz are also an impressive piece of kit.
We currently sell Moses and Armstrong. We have sold Levitaz in the past. All 3 companies stand behind there product and offer excellent customer service.
My advice would be to research and decide which brand/model suits your current needs and your future needs.

:thumb:

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:36 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:06 pm

These almost seem to be troll postings, but I believe they are for real though :wink:
Maybe just a bot :wink:

Return to “Hydrofoil”