Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sherman
Style: surf, foil, wake, plywood
Gear: wainman, slingshot, homegrown
Brand Affiliation: None

Moses opinions wanted - low and slow

Postby joekitetime » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Howdy foilers!

I'm asking for opinions for Moses wings, river swell riding simulating swell riding...

Last year I rode and loved the slingshot dwarf craft mini with Moses 633/450 and really liked it.

I wanted to get slower this year on the swell, and even be able to slide out the wing somewhat, so what has been suggested is:
Alien air (more volume to help with recovery in the foam/slide), 72cm mast for less flex, and riding the bigger wings I already own (873/790,683,633).

Kinda lower, slower.

It is kind of "bucks - $$$" to try this new direction and I already like what I have. Not sure if this setup would be pushing the envelope in the right direction or wrong direction.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

Trent hink
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Turtle beach, Venice inlet, lido key
Style: Creepy old man
Gear: Peak4, soul, solo, hydrofoil, couple of surfboards, a twintip I made 10 years ago.

Re: Moses opinions wanted - low and slow

Postby Trent hink » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:04 am

I can't really offer any insight with regards to the wing, but if you have been happy with the dwarf craft micro, i suspect the alien air is gonna be a big disappointment.

Its a huge board and and very noticeable if you have already made something smaller work. If you really think you need more volume maybe try the standard dwarf craft?

I ride a cheap thick Chinese foil with a 65 cm strut. I have tried the onda, and it takes off like a hotrod compared to what i have. The short strut seems fine to me and i'm happy with it, even though it does require attention riding out in wavy conditions. Lots of opinions on strut length out there, some guys really like the longer ones.

No idea if any of my comments pertain to riding river swell....

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 90,105,110cm
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 se
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Hyperlink V2 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses opinions wanted - low and slow

Postby TomW » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:48 am

Look, I love my moses. Great foils. But if you want to experiment, look at the gong surf L, xl, xxl. Cheaper to experiment.

Return to “Hydrofoil”