Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2020 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness - Dark Crimson

Forum for kitesurfers
lebast
Rare Poster
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:05 am
Gear: 15 FS Boost, 9,7,5 Naish Pivot, 4 Naish Slash, Ketos 118, Wave Xl, G10 350, 83 Rfx, standard fuselage
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: 2020 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness - Dark Crimson

Postby lebast » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:10 pm

@alford all good ;) had a similar picture in mind, when typing above.

I am actually a quite small and lightweight guy, waist wise an S would fit but it seems my butt is an M in the last years version...

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:53 pm
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: 2020 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness - Dark Crimson

Postby alford » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:32 pm

There's never been a better time in recent history to have a big booty!

madworld
Frequent Poster
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 2020 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness - Dark Crimson

Postby madworld » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:05 am

Yea the leg straps are tight but they will stretch.

gator1
Medium Poster
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 1:10 am
Gear: TT, surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: 2020 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness - Dark Crimson

Postby gator1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:47 am

The model before the stiff back was much better. Fit like a glove.

This model has too much material and the back is too high. Sticks out 4 or 5 inches where it doesnt even touch your body. I think a lot of companies are going the stiff back harnesses because they are cheaper to make, less material and less man hours spent stitching.

I dont think red in any harness sells well.

madworld
Frequent Poster
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 2020 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness - Dark Crimson

Postby madworld » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 pm

gator1 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:47 am
The model before the stiff back was much better. Fit like a glove.

This model has too much material and the back is too high. Sticks out 4 or 5 inches where it doesnt even touch your body. I think a lot of companies are going the stiff back harnesses because they are cheaper to make, less material and less man hours spent stitching.

I don't think red in any harness sells well.
Yes, the 2016/2017 model had a different kind of foam and fit like a glove, way more padding, Dakine had a problem with that material shifting/deforming. Many like the new hard shells. I did not notice a gap between my body and the harness and like that it goes higher to protect my spine. Everyone body type is different and this thing is a perfect fit for me.

I try to wear as many bright colors as possible out on the water, I am over the everything has to be black phase of my life, safety first.
Last edited by madworld on Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madworld
Frequent Poster
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 2020 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness - Dark Crimson

Postby madworld » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:51 pm

20200214_083153.jpg
20200214_083145.jpg
20200214_083141.jpg
20200214_083138.jpg
20200214_083133.jpg
20200214_083128.jpg
20200214_083055.jpg
20200214_083055.jpg
20200214_083047.jpg
20200214_083040.jpg
20200214_083032.jpg
20200214_083030.jpg
20200214_083030.jpg
Attachments
20200214_083022.jpg
20200214_083021.jpg

gator1
Medium Poster
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 1:10 am
Gear: TT, surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: 2020 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness - Dark Crimson

Postby gator1 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:52 am

madworld wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 pm
gator1 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:47 am
The model before the stiff back was much better. Fit like a glove.

This model has too much material and the back is too high. Sticks out 4 or 5 inches where it doesnt even touch your body. I think a lot of companies are going the stiff back harnesses because they are cheaper to make, less material and less man hours spent stitching.

I don't think red in any harness sells well.
Yes, the 2016/2017 model had a different kind of foam and fit like a glove, way more padding, Dakine had a problem with that material shifting/deforming. Many like the new hard shells. I did not notice a gap between my body and the harness and like that it goes higher to protect my spine. Everyone body type is different and this thing is a perfect fit for me.

I try to wear as many bright colors as possible out on the water, I am over the everything has to be black phase of my life, safety first.

Did they remove the tie down strap that went around the hook?

I used to do that up real tight to stop the hook rotating up.

madworld
Frequent Poster
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 pm
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: 2020 Dakine Fusion Seat Harness - Dark Crimson

Postby madworld » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:29 am

gator1 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:52 am
madworld wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 pm
gator1 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:47 am
The model before the stiff back was much better. Fit like a glove.

This model has too much material and the back is too high. Sticks out 4 or 5 inches where it doesnt even touch your body. I think a lot of companies are going the stiff back harnesses because they are cheaper to make, less material and less man hours spent stitching.

I don't think red in any harness sells well.
Yes, the 2016/2017 model had a different kind of foam and fit like a glove, way more padding, Dakine had a problem with that material shifting/deforming. Many like the new hard shells. I did not notice a gap between my body and the harness and like that it goes higher to protect my spine. Everyone body type is different and this thing is a perfect fit for me.

I try to wear as many bright colors as possible out on the water, I am over the everything has to be black phase of my life, safety first.

Did they remove the tie down strap that went around the hook?

I used to do that up real tight to stop the hook rotating up.

Did they remove the tie down strap that went around the hook? it has been removed and a side strap attachment point has been re-positioned lower to keep the spreader bar from rotating. I got out on the water this afternoon and did not miss that strap or notice any spreader bar rotation. etc.

I will say the previous model is softer over all without the hard shell of the new harness, but the old harness does stretch over time.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 113 guests