Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Who is the recent "click-in" Chicken Loop Manufacturer?

Forum for kitesurfers
Ventum
Rare Poster
Gear: Kites - Ventum Xcite & Xplore
Boards - Joyrider & Karma
Bar - Tough Bar
Brand Affiliation: Ventum Kiteboarding

Re: Who is the recent "click-in" Chicken Loop Manufacturer?

Postby Ventum » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:20 am

The Majestik QR is used by Ventum and multiple other brands.
The surfloop for this (seatbelt) QR will launch later this year!

The North (seatbelt) QR already has a surf-loop.
Eleveight just launched their seatbelt QR and also has a surf-loop.

Cheers, Seb.
Last edited by Ventum on Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anthohopk70
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cornwall beaches
Style: Waves
Gear: Naish & Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby anthohopk70 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:10 am

As said previously, for a brand, designing its own quick release requires a lot of money, effort, energy, molding costs etc... Majestic design is an OEM product mostly used by small brands, which don't have capacity to make their own quick release... Regarding GKA, in this list you only have the brands paying their fees to GKA... So not really interesting...

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:41 pm

Ventum wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:20 am
Eleveight just launched the v2 of their Quick Matic QR. Their v1 with seatbelt QR was launched back in 2018 (same as Ozone). Glad to finally see the surf loop option. I just hope the swivel works better on the v2. :thumb:

pmania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Workum
Favorite Beaches: Nice beach at the sea, with some good waves!
Style: freestyle
Gear: Switch Legacy v2 9m, Element v3 9m & Nitro v3 12m +v6 10m 2 x Controller 3 and MJ 140x43 Pansh A15 18m
Naish Aero 14m North Rhino 2009 10m Jaime Pro 2005 M
Old & broken: North Rhino's 2005 10m+14m Rhino 2006 14m and vegas 2007 7m F-One Impact 2006 9m
Has thanked: 0

Postby pmania » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:36 am

TY for this topic! I found the OEM manufacturer also a while ago but forgot to bookmark it.
Seems this quick release releases sometimes, I haven't figured out yet how or when it happens exactly, hoped I would find some more information here and user experiences because this bar is very common. Maybe it is just a user error or not.
Anyway last week or so it happened to me twice in a session, unfortunately the second one I didn't have it recorded although you can't see really what happened I think. I unhooked and went 5+ meter or something into the air, I am missing already a little piece of my middlefinger the top I have a smaller nail onto it, so I luckily could hang onto the bar. But at the zenith I looked down and thought this will not end well because of very low water. But I managed to just land the whole jump and needed to crash the kite because this time the whole chicken loop got released. I must say I forgot my 5 line bar and just went ahead and kited with a 4 line bar, both have different quick releases. The kite is a switch legacy v2 9m, I put off the middle bridle (only 2 point attachment little bridle for the 5th line. The kite felt a little bit more nervous but nothing I couldn't handle it seemed, and on the website i read that some russian guy flies this kite also on 4 lines. I find a 5 line bar pretty worthless anymore btw and not easy with a kite line mount or I don't not know how to correctly install a KL-mount yet onto 5 lines. While I am writing this perhaps it was just a user error because one time the chicken loop just went off the hook and I could just restart the kite I have that recorded not very much to see. So quite by accident it happend twice in a sesion or by chance but pretty much completely different.

I have a mystic majestic with the improved spreader bar, but I don't think they changed much for the hook part. https://www.mysticboarding.com/news/ste ... eplacement Hmmm maybe they did on the picture it looks like they moved the bottom part of the hook a little bit more forward too or not ? But probably anyway that probably won't explain the issues.

So anyway was hoping for some more user experiences with the quick release besides the ones i already have found, will browse/search this forum some more.
Last edited by pmania on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:22 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:41 pm
Ventum wrote:
Eleveight just launched the v2 of their Quick Matic QR. Their v1 with seatbelt QR was launched back in 2018 (same as Ozone). Glad to finally see the surf loop option. I just hope the swivel works better on the v2. :thumb:
The Eleveight v1 was absolutely not the same as Ozone's click in, not even close.

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 190lb/86kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Cabrinha Vector 12
Long Ocean 136, Cyclone 138, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Cyclone 6’0”, Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 pm

alford wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:22 am
Da Yoda wrote:
Ventum wrote:
The Eleveight v1 was absolutely not the same as Ozone's click in, not even close.
Maybe Ventum meant the same timing of 2018?

knot_moving
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: kites: OR Flites & Cabrinha Velocity
Underground FLX 138, Slingshot foil, Mako Duke, Jimmy Lewis Flight Deck

Postby knot_moving » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:02 am

Are you talking about these chicken-loop QRs or are you possibly asking about the Infexion QR?

https://www.infexion.eu/shop/max_bar/qu ... lease-eye/

knot_moving
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: kites: OR Flites & Cabrinha Velocity
Underground FLX 138, Slingshot foil, Mako Duke, Jimmy Lewis Flight Deck

Postby knot_moving » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:03 am

never mind - its late & I've been celebrating the Green Bay Packers beating the Cardinals ...
guess the thread title means you did in fact mean the chicken loop click in !

Ventum
Rare Poster
Gear: Kites - Ventum Xcite & Xplore
Boards - Joyrider & Karma
Bar - Tough Bar
Brand Affiliation: Ventum Kiteboarding

Postby Ventum » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:08 am

Hugh2 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 pm
alford wrote:
Da Yoda wrote:

The one used by Eleveight (and Ventum) in the past was absolutely no click-in. Yes with a lot of force it worked...kind off. Their new one should be seatbelt but I did not try. On-topic, the one meant by the topic starter is indeed Majestik design.
Last edited by Ventum on Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands

Postby alford » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:09 pm

Ventum wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:08 am
Hugh2 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:20 pm
alford wrote:

The one used by Eleveight (and Ventum) in the past was absolutely no click-in. Yes with a lot of force it worked...kind off. Their new one should be seatbelt but I did not try. On-topic, the one meant by the topic starter is indeed Majestic design.
Absolutely true, kinda click-in. The whole design was predacated on a tiny and not very robust rubber band (they call it an O-ring). The new QR does click in nicely, can't comment on long term reliability though

Return to “Kitesurfing”