AE
Rare Poster
Gear: Best
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Line lengths - Best red bar 16

Postby AE » Fri May 22, 2020 7:33 am

I'm looking for the length of the lines of the best red bar (2016+ model). In particular for the front and back lines. The front line is split in two parts with the safety attached in the middle.

Best does not have the lines in stock so I need to order them somewehere else. Unfortunately, I don't have the old lines to measure.

Thank you,

Andi

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Re: Line lengths - Best red bar 16

Postby jumptheshark » Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 am

If you’re replacing all four, you can go with whatever length you want. You can choose low or high split depending on what kite you intend it for. Low y lets you get away from having different length front and rear lines. As long as it’s rigged with a Functional single front line release any line length should work.

Re rigging bars is pretty easy. Set it up, make sure the safety functions cleanly, tune it.

You might have a few minor details to work through, ie using a ring double larksheaded on the non leash line as a split will shorten that line about 3 cm that you have to compensate for on the other line at the pigtail etc, but it’s all pretty straightforward.

Save you the hassle of trying to source specific OEM parts that may no longer be in production.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:26 pm

I have a couple of best Red bars 2016 and 2017 are identical. I believe they are 22M 4 equal lines. But you can use any set of 4 equal lines that you can get no matter the length as long as it's reasonable most people ride between 20m and 25m .

AE
Rare Poster

Postby AE » Fri May 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Thank you both for your reply. I already have the following part from best:

https://www.bestkiteboarding.com/de/201 ... ader-lines

I thought this would include the complete power lines, but it is only the first part of the line from the split to the middle where a (long) safety attaches. It has a weird length (about 6m 90cm), so was curious about the measurments of the missing parts.

I would have liked to reuse this part as it has some loops to guide the safety.

Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.

Postby Herman » Fri May 22, 2020 5:14 pm

I think the important point is that the rear flying line + leader is the same length as the center line + leader + front flying line. You can then work out how much shorter the rear leader is than the centre line arrangement!

AE
Rare Poster

Postby AE » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:34 am

I would have a follow up question. For the 2016+ best bar, the front lines are in two parts (roughly about 7m + 15m) where the safety attaches to. As on this picture:

https://postimg.cc/TKjpxtPx

I do have a 22m front line. Is there a way to make this Y connection without cutting the front lines (and making loop connections). I was thinking about sleeving this part on the line and making a knot where I then attach the safety to?

Thanks

Return to “Kitesurfing”