Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Seabrook Kent
Favorite Beaches: Nyali - Kenya
Style: Old School
Gear: Core Nexus. Fusion 4, Moses
Brand Affiliation: Gods own Core.

Re: Nexus 2 seems to be doing everything it says on the tin

Postby CaptainCore » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:51 pm

Core bars deliver with 24 mtr dyneema lines, the s+ have 2mt + 4mtr + 18mtr lengths so you can shorten, 22, 20,18 if you wish as do the Pro bars. The standard bar is 24 mtrs so that would be the length they optimise out of the bag.

Ice101
Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Ice101 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Used the s2pro on 22m lines today. Flew ok but the bar is horrid. I’m sure it is built for girls. It is tiny and skinny. Switched to the low v ozone again half way through and the ozone with the thicker handle is way nicer to jump with and made the kite feel smoother through the air. Again. Was on 23m lines on the ozone v4 and it was good. Going to sell the pro bar. Not worth the money in keeping it.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:04 am

Just a matter of opinion, it's actually a design feature to be small diameter . Thicker bars like windsurfing booms, require more effort to grip over a period, especially if gloves are used, so lots of folk like thin bars, myself included. Oh and as far as the rest of the world think, the Pro bar which is the more expensive version, is the best selling bar in the Core bar line up. So you hold a minority opinion, thankfully from our standpoint at least and with bars as scarce as they are right now, you shouldn't have any trouble selling it on and I bet you'll get more for it than what's that brand you talked about Ozone? What is that, sounds like a bleach company... ;-)

Matty V
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Gear: Home made

Postby Matty V » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:58 am

Consistently hated the fattening of bars over the years so pretty pleased Core have kept it skinny,

Maybe they did build it for girls? That French chick that chucks hideous kite loops goes well on them as do the 100kg South African blokes doing 30m high mega loops.

It’s all about choice though isn’t it? You like the ozone bar and that’s cool, sell the core bar and carry on kiting 👍

Ice101
Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:41 am

I did sell the pro bar and made &50 in the process :-) The skinny handle let’s way to much vibration through to the arms that the the thicker one absorbs making it so much more of a smooth and comfortable ride.
One of the weymouth xr6 riders now sold up the xr6 and bought the nexus2 now. Thinks it’s great. Still not got a try myself yet but have decided that 5 strut kites aren’t fun enough for me and gonna buy another 3 strut soon.

cdbxyz
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: North West UK
Gear: Core Nexus 2, Nobile NHP, Firewire Evo

Postby cdbxyz » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:53 pm

I've had about 15 sessions on the Nexus 2 over the last couple of months. I have a 10 and 13.5 at the moment and I'm looking to add an 8 when I start riding strapless.

Everyone thinks the kites they spend money on are the best so I won't just sing their praises, but I'd say that it's a very nice all round kite with no obvious issues and I'm happy enough so far. The 13 gets me going pretty early, isn't the fastest turning kite but it's fine for downloops and kiteloops etc and it hauls my 110kg around. The 10 is lovely to throw around, is very punchy for the size and has surprising lift when you get dialled into the timing of jumps. If I was only going to ride twin tip then I wouldn't be getting the 8 as the top end at my weight is pretty huge. The range on the 13 is surprising too, very little flutter and still great steering even when fully de-powered in 25knts when I should have pumped up the 10!

Self launch is super easy, build quality is very good as you'd expect. I like the bar, it's clean and simple and I've tested the safety in a couple of different sessions / wind strengths just to see what happens as I'd read on here that it didn't fully depower the kite, I didn't see much difference to the old Bandits I was riding, the kite falls out of the sky with minimal pull so i'm not sure what the fuss is about.

Looking forward to trying the different modes, particularly the wave mode.

PinkNorthPride
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Mauritius
Silver Sands Barbados
Nyali Kenya
Dougs the Gorge
Style: Lawn Mowing
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: North, Maybe Core next...

Postby PinkNorthPride » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:23 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:41 am
I did sell the pro bar and made &50 in the process :-) The skinny handle let’s way to much vibration through to the arms that the the thicker one absorbs making it so much more of a smooth and comfortable ride.
One of the weymouth xr6 riders now sold up the xr6 and bought the nexus2 now. Thinks it’s great. Still not got a try myself yet but have decided that 5 strut kites aren’t fun enough for me and gonna buy another 3 strut soon.
So er what gender are you icegirl or boy? Are your wrists particularly limp?

Ice101
Frequent Poster

Postby Ice101 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:56 am

Man and have man sized hands. Is that what the skinny ones are made for people with limp wrists?
The vibrations cause tennis elbow in those thin ones actually and yes after carrying a rifle for years in the army I get tennis elbow a lot.

CaptainCore
Frequent Poster

Postby CaptainCore » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:24 pm

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nexus 2 seems to be doing everything it says on the tin.

Postby flipper231 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:40 pm

CaptainCore wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:30 am
luca wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 11:19 pm
There is a big discussion in German forums for sure. It’s not only the Nexus. The XR in bigger sizes as well.
The problem is that Core don’t have a real single frontline safety. If you use another bar where the bar goes more up to the kite after releasing the problem is solved. The “supported SFS” don’t let the kite flagging out enough.
Never believe BS you read on forums, mostly they are either ill informed riders with not enough experience (other than their keyboard skills) to really be expected to comment accurately, or riders supported by other brands mistakenly thinking they're 'doing their sponsors a favour' by denigrating a competitor. There is only one way to find out, try the kite and the system yourself at a demo, I can assure you from my experience it's not the problem you might have been lead to believe, if it were, we'd know and be the first to complain. However using a bar from another manufacturer is rarely a good idea with any brand, brands spend a lot of time tuning their kites to their own bars, well, brands that worry about their consumers that is.

So try the kite, fly it hard, flack it out a couple of times and see for yourself, not to many complaints this side of the Channel, it's getting great feedback.
Sorry Pal, NEXUS1, Nexus2, XR6 rider. I have to release in the water to self land in 25-30 knots with little room downwind. Sorry but the thing keeps pulling until it reaches the edge of the wind window and then...well you still have to pull lines to kill it. Personally, I carry 2 North Duotone Bars for when the wind is strong. This is how the system is designed. So instead of blaming people for their lack of skills, educate us on how to kill the kite 100% without having to play with lines. I am happy to tug the front line walking upwind to the Y and grab the lower or upper line to drop it in the water in 20 knots and less. above 20, things are different.

Return to “Kitesurfing”