Gear: Naish Pivot 9, 11m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish 2021

Postby Kitedicted » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am

tautologies wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:04 pm
Kitedicted wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:29 am
How do you guys feel about pivot for learning kiteloops? I have felt that the pull is gentle but that it doesn't neccesarily climb that fast. I have 2015 and 2016 models considering gettimg the 2020 on the runout sale but a bit concerned that maybe I should try a different kite for learning loops
What type of kiteloops are you talking? If you talk regular kite loops and not powered mega loops any of the pivots sizes are perfect for it, and don't worry the kite has plenty pull if you want it to have...One of the stand out things for me is that you can drop power even mid loop. Not recommending that approach thom but it can make a failed loop just hurt and not break you. :D
For mega loops...I am definitely no expert...its beyond what my old body can handle...but the videos shows that the 10 and down seems to climb fine. Like on any other you need a lot of height for it and you definitely need to be super comfortable in all the other types of loops with rotations etc, before even attempting a megaloop IMO. I have gotten pretty injured from missed loops way back so take that into consideration. One way of doing it would be to get your pivot, then add a set of shortlines and take it from there.
I already do a lot of downloop transitions, backroll kiteloops and jump transitions with kiteloops in the air. I want to learn to do kiteloops in the air that catch me before coming down, so from what I've learned you need at least 3 meter height for this. I know the new north kites recover quickly from loops so I want to have a kite that loops fasts and climbs fast to make it safer
These users thanked the author Kitedicted for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:47 am)
Rating: 8.33%

Kiterisland
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kite, Twin tip

Postby Kiterisland » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:02 pm

The 12m boxer, does it have much better low end than the 12m pivot for foil? Also how does it do in tt for a 100kg guy?

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Skater, Motion, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dirk » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 pm

I would say the Boxer has more low end. Much more? I do not know, I have not measured that. I have the 11m Boxer (2021) and 11m Pivot (2020).

I bought the Boxer to foil in sub 10 knots with a large foil (1250 and 1000 cm). I weigh 73 kg.

I really like it on a TT as well. Good low end, very nice in the middle sweet spot and stays stable without much fluttering for quite some time when the wind picks up. Light and playful.

Of course it feels softer than the Pivot and does not jump as well (but good enough to have good fun) and it does not have the high end the Pivot has.

My usual scenario for the using the Boxer is I go foiling and I know that the wind might pick up so I also carry a large TT (145 x 44) to the beach to switch boards. I do that when the wind gets to about 13 Knots as I am getting overpowered on the foil by then.

But of course all of this for somebody with less weight. I cannot comment how it works on a TT with 100kg in terms of stability.
These users thanked the author Dirk for the post:
Kiterisland (Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:59 am)
Rating: 8.33%

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:27 am

Has anyone tried changing the bridal setting on the new Pivot yet? I switched it after an overpowered sesh the other day but have not had a chance to fly it yet. I'm guessing that it pinches the leading edge a tad more to a C shape and deminising the projected area(lift)

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:04 am

UrosR wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 am
how obvious it is that these posts are written by naish influencers. already 10x this quastion was posted if anyone could measure the distance on these new bridles but no answer. just showing off and talking about color as chicks. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
haha Thats awesome ! I rarely get wind here in San Diego so when I pull out my kite, The last thing Im thinking about is taking the Stanely off my hip to measure the bridles. Sorry

UrosR
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: All Naish
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby UrosR » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:05 pm

clint2070 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:04 am
UrosR wrote:
how obvious it is that these posts are written by naish influencers. already 10x this quastion was posted if anyone could measure the distance on these new bridles but no answer. just showing off and talking about color as chicks. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
haha Thats awesome ! I rarely get wind here in San Diego so when I pull out my kite, The last thing Im thinking about is taking the Stanely off my hip to measure the bridles. Sorry
it’s so very hard to take 5 mins and help someone. to measure knot (distance) on bridle. I'm 100% that you didn't put the kite out of the bag on the beach for the first time and then put it back. sorry back. thank you

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:35 pm

Anyone flown the 2021 Torch or Dash then ? Kiteworld Magazine seemed to really like the 2021 Dash, can't find much on the new Torch.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:42 pm

UrosR wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:05 pm
clint2070 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:04 am
UrosR wrote:
it’s so very hard to take 5 mins and help someone. to measure knot (distance) on bridle. I'm 100% that you didn't put the kite out of the bag on the beach for the first time and then put it back. sorry back. thank you
Sorry I didn't mean to be rude. The next time I pump up my 12m Ill measure it for you

Return to “Kitesurfing”