Forum for kitesurfers
oregonkiter
Frequent Poster
Style: foil
Gear: Foil stuff
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone 2021 Clickbar for foiling

Postby oregonkiter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:48 pm

Tested out my modded bar last two days. Amazing what an additional 3-4" of throw does to depower kite for foiling moves where the kite sweeps overhead. Toe to heel tacks, for example, are much more difficult when kite is decently powered as it passes overhead. Much easier with additional throw.

derek440
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Perth
Favorite Beaches: Coogee
Style: Frothing the foils
Gear: Surf kites, strapless surfboards, foil gear, foil kites
Brand Affiliation: Gin/Flymaax dealer for Australia

Postby derek440 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:25 am

Yeah this was exactly my experience too, I was hitting the throw stopper on my foiling tacks and it was really putting off my weight shifting so I had someone make up a 65cm throw for me for the click bar and its way better. Very nice now. Will post a pic of what they made up for me. I also use the infexion system with the micro-leash as a backup and just run a ring on the power lines to attach, its a great system especially as I have three bars, but I also find it a pain when I'm doing a well powered upwind/downwind session on foil due to sheeting all the way in then all the way out over and over.

haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

Postby haiku » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:09 am

Hi I was out yesterday foiling with the Click Bar 2020 M and an old Naish Trip 8 m. The bar worked flawlessy, I was able to tack and jibe without any problem. I recently changed the lines lowering the V and again, no problem at all.
Cheers

Carlo

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Foil » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:23 am

I now use the duotone click bar, 2020, for hydrofoiling, I have used the north click bar for many long years on lei kites and Ttips, one big plus on the duotone click bar is the different internals, the winding system is just silky smooth, very different to the original north internals, I took mine apart to see why it felt so smooth, and it's very clear to see, better engineering basically.
Changing out the lines to SK99 is easy and cheap to do, the auto spinning feature of the click bar is very underrated, but a godsend for kite spinners like me who hate the old way of untwisting the lines or sailing around with crossed lines waiting for another reason to spin the kite back to stop line wear,
All my kites are now foil kites that loop quickly and encourage playfull spinning and looping,
Having no clutter above the bar is great when the winds are superlight and juggling the kite becomes the thing to do to keep the kite from getting wet, and that clean layout makes quick grabs and tweaks so reliably easy,
These users thanked the author Foil for the post:
Gestalt (Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:11 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”