A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:07 pm
- Brand Affiliation: None
How about using the Boost Fin to make the wingfoil waterstart easier and maybe being able to use lower volume boards more easily?
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 1108
- Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:05 pm
- Kiting since: 2011
- Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
- Style: Canada's Kai Lenny (in my mind)
- Gear: Ocean Rodeo / Spitfire Foil / GoFoil / Ozone wings
- Brand Affiliation: Open to offers
Same thought occurred to me in Nov 2019 when I ordered one on kickstarter....still patiently waiting.
Hoping it'll arrive in next month or two, will give it a go. The idea was originally about sup foiling, but wing foiling may be an even bigger help....just that little bit extra forward momentum you need to get unstuck. I figure if I mount it near mast base, it'll have no drag in the water once up on foil. We'll see, I'll report back.
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 449
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 pm
- Kiting since: 2015
- Local Beach: Ngati Toa, Plimmerton, Titahi Bay, Waikanae, Petone, Seatoun, Lyall Bay, Eastbourne, Lake Wairarapa
- Favorite Beaches: Plimmerton
- Style: Wave, jump
- Gear: Late model Switch kites element and nitros,
DIY CAD ultra-concave wave twintips 1500 and 130mm with my own fin designs. Easy upwind, awesome carving. Switch Nitro 10m V7, Naish 5.3m Wing. Now focussing on Wingsurfing to rise to a new challenge. Building my own foils from my CAD design and 3D prints, built a CNC machine last year and now cutting designs with CNC as well as 3D printing.
Up to 3 DIY foil designs built and getting the hang of wingsurf foiling as we switch into 2021.
- Location: Porirua New Zealand
So you want a "hybrid" :lol
But there is a price!
More controls to simultaneously operate.
Is it really worth it??
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:18 am
- Local Beach: west coast
- Style: lawn mower
- Gear: SLINGSHOT, NORTH, moses, some ozone,
- Brand Affiliation: I like slingshot and north. good folks
it looks like they took a cpu fan and attached it to a cheap fin. hopefully it is better built than it looks
Return to “Hydrofoil”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests