Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Forum for kitesurfers
longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3676
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 am
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 172 times

What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:38 am

I realised I have never seen one and am interested to see.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 pm
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby kitexpert » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am

It is a simple sled type kite, there is no bridle at all :(

I rode once Torch and it wasn't that bad, probably best C-kite I have tried. GP wasn't bad either, Razor already quite bad and older C-kites I have tried were all pretty horrible, slow and heavy feeling kites.

Torch had a bit wobbly feel (jellyfish, thin LE, no bridle support) but it was fast and agile kite. Nice surprise was bar pressure wasn't that high and powered loops - who doesn't like them - very nice constant power. But modern bridled "open C" kites offer stiffer feel and almost same looping performance, and better low end and relaunch.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3676
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 am
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:58 am

kitexpert wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am
It is a simple sled type kite, there is no bridle at all :(

I rode once Torch and it wasn't that bad, probably best C-kite I have tried. GP wasn't bad either, Razor already quite bad and older C-kites I have tried were all pretty horrible, slow and heavy feeling kites.

Torch had a bit wobbly feel (jellyfish, thin LE, no bridle support) but it was fast and agile kite. Nice surprise was bar pressure wasn't that high and powered loops - who doesn't like them - very nice constant power. But modern bridled "open C" kites offer stiffer feel and almost same looping performance, and better low end and relaunch.
Are you sure? I thought esp was a mini bridle to increase depower.. a c kite hybrid of sorts.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3676
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 am
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:02 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:58 am
kitexpert wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am
It is a simple sled type kite, there is no bridle at all :(

I rode once Torch and it wasn't that bad, probably best C-kite I have tried. GP wasn't bad either, Razor already quite bad and older C-kites I have tried were all pretty horrible, slow and heavy feeling kites.

Torch had a bit wobbly feel (jellyfish, thin LE, no bridle support) but it was fast and agile kite. Nice surprise was bar pressure wasn't that high and powered loops - who doesn't like them - very nice constant power. But modern bridled "open C" kites offer stiffer feel and almost same looping performance, and better low end and relaunch.
Are you sure? I thought esp was a mini bridle to increase depower.. a c kite hybrid of sorts.
I rode fuels and torches for eons.. pumped up v hard with 5th line in 12m and under I never got jellyfishing. Low end upwind is a problem.. but in moderate to high winds I wouldn’t mind going back.

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 pm
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby kitexpert » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Definitely Torch has too be pumped hard, LE is so thin. It is possible it was underinflated when I tried it. I'll ask another test if kite is around this summer, my feeling was positive from it anyway

kitexpert
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 pm
Gear: many kites, also diy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby kitexpert » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:45 pm

IDK about that esp thing, but if there is an attachment point for 5th line a bit too much to call it a bridle. Torch I tried was a 5 line kite

RidingRobi
Rare Poster
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:01 pm
Local Beach: Baltic Sea
Style: Wakestyle, Wave, Foil
Gear: PLKB
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby RidingRobi » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:48 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:58 am
kitexpert wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am
It is a simple sled type kite, there is no bridle at all :(
[...]
Are you sure? I thought esp was a mini bridle to increase depower.. a c kite hybrid of sorts.
Kiteexpert: wrong
longwhitecloud: right

It is really tiny bridle on the LE-attachment points. There you have a ring/pulleything that can move about 10cm if I remember right. By doing so, it "automatically" changes the angle of attack and therefore gives you a bit more depower, and the kite can travel a bit further to side of the wind window which makes you go upwind a bit more easily.
It's not a huge difference though. But was enough that I always switched when going for a boost session instead of freestyle.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 3676
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 am
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:18 pm

RidingRobi wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:48 pm
longwhitecloud wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:58 am
kitexpert wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:51 am
It is a simple sled type kite, there is no bridle at all :(
[...]
Are you sure? I thought esp was a mini bridle to increase depower.. a c kite hybrid of sorts.
Kiteexpert: wrong
longwhitecloud: right

It is really tiny bridle on the LE-attachment points. There you have a ring/pulleything that can move about 10cm if I remember right. By doing so, it "automatically" changes the angle of attack and therefore gives you a bit more depower, and the kite can travel a bit further to side of the wind window which makes you go upwind a bit more easily.
It's not a huge difference though. But was enough that I always switched when going for a boost session instead of freestyle.

so its like a really mini bridle then 10cm!

mini bridles makes a lot of sense to me - minimise deathloop risk and take advantage of lever and pully mechanics -i wonder why it didnt take off. 5th line is so great unless it ends up inside out - then bring back the wave grenade - worked great to get back to shore.

Bain
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:57 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby Bain » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:37 pm

I still have 20M Torch somewhere in the basement haha!

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Varna,Bulgaria
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: What does a naish esp torch bridle look like?

Postby Ludmil » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:50 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:38 am
I realised I have never seen one and am interested to see.
Screenshot_20210417_214115.jpg
I usually remove it. I have the parts in my bag...
ESP is meant to increase the range of the kite by enhancing the AOA of the kite i.e. works as freeride performance setting.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 70 guests