Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Watches...

Forum for kitesurfers
grtlakes
Medium Poster
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:46 pm
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 205lbs
Local Beach: ontario Nickel and Sunset
Favorite Beaches: hatteras area,
nickel beach, sunset beach
Style: Erratic
Gear: Armstrong 1050, mako king,NHP split,
lf happy foil, OR flites and prodigy
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Watches...

Postby grtlakes » Tue May 04, 2021 4:12 am

Maybe a little overkill but I use the safety strap from an Apple TV remote. I use the small end loop to attach to the pin on my garmin watch. I then cinch the strap over my wrist.
F997B3A4-D912-4F74-8886-26B1C3191028.jpeg

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 6743
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Watches...

Postby Kamikuza » Tue May 04, 2021 7:27 am

Suunto Ambit 3 worked well for the year I had it... They're phasing out support for it now which sucks because the new watches don't support the script-driven "apps" and so are IMO now limited. I have a Suunto Spartan now.... And I don't like touch screens on watches!

User avatar
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 am
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: Watches...

Postby Havre » Tue May 04, 2021 8:08 am

Used the Ambit2 for quite some time. Suunto have always had good wristbands. Never had any issues with it. Some of the Garmin's are quite useless (the band that is) for any sort of "tough" activity oddly enough.

My guess is that whatever you get you will be unlucky to lose another one.

aendorphin
Rare Poster
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:49 am
Local Beach: Lake Balaton, Fonyód (Hungary), Aendorphin Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lefkada Milos Beach
Style: Big Air, Kiteloop
Gear: Board: RRD Style Biax v2
Kites: RRD Obsession 13.5m, 10.5m, 9m
Brand Affiliation: Kiteline, RRD
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Watches...

Postby aendorphin » Tue May 04, 2021 11:30 am

I'm using Garmin Fenix 6
Doe anyone has bad experience with it? I use it with the default (factory) belt but I'm also afraid that I'll lose it as it was expensive. Does anyone have a good strap idea for it?

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1584
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Watches...

Postby TheJoe » Tue May 04, 2021 11:51 am

Havre wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:08 am
Used the Ambit2 for quite some time. Suunto have always had good wristbands. Never had any issues with it. Some of the Garmin's are quite useless (the band that is) for any sort of "tough" activity oddly enough.

My guess is that whatever you get you will be unlucky to lose another one.
Yeah I'm hoping I do not lose the one I just ordered. I will not use it for learning boogie loops this time.

User avatar
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 am
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: Watches...

Postby Havre » Tue May 04, 2021 12:07 pm

TheJoe wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:51 am
Havre wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:08 am
Used the Ambit2 for quite some time. Suunto have always had good wristbands. Never had any issues with it. Some of the Garmin's are quite useless (the band that is) for any sort of "tough" activity oddly enough.

My guess is that whatever you get you will be unlucky to lose another one.
Yeah I'm hoping I do not lose the one I just ordered. I will not use it for learning boogie loops this time.
I have crashed in every way possible without losing my watch :lol:

Thankfully I now got some Samsung-%#"% so I wouldn't care if I lost the current one (worst watch ever).

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 6743
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other
Has thanked: 150 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Watches...

Postby Kamikuza » Tue May 04, 2021 2:41 pm

Havre wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:07 pm
I have crashed in every way possible without losing my watch :lol:

Thankfully I now got some Samsung-%#"% so I wouldn't care if I lost the current one (worst watch ever).
Have you had the front line safety fail, the slack steering line wrap around your wrist then slice through the watch's strap when the kite starts looping? :D
These users thanked the author Kamikuza for the post:
Havre (Tue May 04, 2021 2:51 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:38 am
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: Watches...

Postby Havre » Tue May 04, 2021 2:51 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:41 pm
Havre wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:07 pm
I have crashed in every way possible without losing my watch :lol:

Thankfully I now got some Samsung-%#"% so I wouldn't care if I lost the current one (worst watch ever).
Have you had the front line safety fail, the slack steering line wrap around your wrist then slice through the watch's strap when the kite starts looping? :D
Close at least :lol:

User avatar
aleks
Frequent Poster
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 8:07 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: RDB, Elf
Brand Affiliation: WOO, RDB, Elf
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: Watches...

Postby aleks » Tue May 04, 2021 3:03 pm

SMJ wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:26 am
aleks wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:41 am
Catalyst Case broke for me - the case itself cracked and watch fell out. Still have that broken case though
Over 3 years and still going strong for me. How exactly did you manage to break it?
Just a hard fall, the usuall :D

User avatar
TheRussian
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2162
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, & Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Watches...

Postby TheRussian » Tue May 04, 2021 4:25 pm

adrenalineendorphin wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:30 am
I'm using Garmin Fenix 6
Doe anyone has bad experience with it? I use it with the default (factory) belt but I'm also afraid that I'll lose it as it was expensive. Does anyone have a good strap idea for it?
I have the Fenix 6X and (so far) it has been perfect, even with the odd hard (7G+) landing & getting thoroughly rinsed - wearing it on the outside of the suit.
These users thanked the author TheRussian for the post:
aendorphin (Wed May 05, 2021 9:20 am)
Rating: 6.67%


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 33 guests