Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Forum for kitesurfers
Rickshawjimmy
Rare Poster
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:44 am
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80kg
Local Beach: Tarifa, spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa, Cumbuco, Cape Town
Style: freestyle
Gear: Mixture of different gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby Rickshawjimmy » Fri May 07, 2021 12:27 pm

I think it's a really positive move from Cab. Of course kitesurfing isn't a 'green' manufacturing process but it's obvious they are looking at this and making steps to limit their footprint where they can. A 90% reduction in a footprint is a big deal, that's x9 times less and if the performance isn't affected then that's a huge move. I wouldn't be surprised to see other brands trying to follow this in the future.

Onda
Frequent Poster
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:12 am
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: North Sea (NL)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Baltic Sea (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, increasing foiling
Gear: CORE / Flysurfer / Naish / Firewire / Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 44 times
Contact:

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby Onda » Fri May 07, 2021 1:05 pm

Every little bit counts! There are no silver bullets. A good move of Cabrinha!

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2801
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby Matteo V » Fri May 07, 2021 1:36 pm

tautologies wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:53 pm
:o
Nothing to draw out the anti-science lunies on KF like a post about the environment. Good on Cab. one step in the right direction.
Rickshawjimmy wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:27 pm
I think it's a really positive move from Cab. Of course kitesurfing isn't a 'green' manufacturing process but it's obvious they are looking at this and making steps to limit their footprint where they can. A 90% reduction in a footprint is a big deal, that's x9 times less and if the performance isn't affected then that's a huge move. I wouldn't be surprised to see other brands trying to follow this in the future.
Onda wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:05 pm
Every little bit counts! There are no silver bullets. A good move of Cabrinha!


Yes, math is definetly anti-science. What feels good is real science. (Sarcasm)

If we put 90% of our efforts into solving 0.001% of our problems, have we solved most of our problems? Or have we just wasted nearly all of our capacity for concern and ability to fix things, for a "self pat on the back", while we sink deeper and deeper into the abyss?

Our problems have become unsolvable because the public gives approval to effort with no effectual results. The real "first little step" toward solving our problems is to admit that our efforts to solve are problems ARE bigger problems than what they are supposed to solve.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly mostly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby Faxie » Fri May 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:36 pm
tautologies wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 10:53 pm
:o
Nothing to draw out the anti-science lunies on KF like a post about the environment. Good on Cab. one step in the right direction.
Rickshawjimmy wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:27 pm
I think it's a really positive move from Cab. Of course kitesurfing isn't a 'green' manufacturing process but it's obvious they are looking at this and making steps to limit their footprint where they can. A 90% reduction in a footprint is a big deal, that's x9 times less and if the performance isn't affected then that's a huge move. I wouldn't be surprised to see other brands trying to follow this in the future.
Onda wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:05 pm
Every little bit counts! There are no silver bullets. A good move of Cabrinha!


Yes, math is definetly anti-science. What feels good is real science. (Sarcasm)

If we put 90% of our efforts into solving 0.001% of our problems, have we solved most of our problems? Or have we just wasted nearly all of our capacity for concern and ability to fix things, for a "self pat on the back", while we sink deeper and deeper into the abyss?

Our problems have become unsolvable because the public gives approval to effort with no effectual results. The real "first little step" toward solving our problems is to admit that our efforts to solve are problems ARE bigger problems than what they are supposed to solve.
What about solving non existing problems with not working solutions that create even bigger problems in the long run?

Calling people names is apparently a better argument than posting actual scientific papers and articles about the subjects, or even attempting to debate. Just trust the marketing, not the science! And then they get angry because the rainforests are getting chopped down, or when a windmill is placed in their backyard :roll:

Reminds me why I stop bothering most of the time. Had too many instances where I posted data, graphs and papers from official institutes like NASA, NOAA, the EU, BOM etc, only to be called names without any counterarguments and got my replies removed on top of it. These people are beyond help.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2801
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby Matteo V » Fri May 07, 2021 4:23 pm

Faxie wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:48 pm
Reminds me why I stop bothering most of the time. Had too many instances where I posted data, graphs and papers from official institutes like NASA, NOAA, the EU, BOM etc, only to be called names without any counterarguments and got my replies removed on top of it. These people are beyond help.
So just go to the other planet with all the sensible and rational people. (Again, sarcasm)

Bitching about idiots does not make them smarter. Nor does it seem to be a solution to the issues at hand. And just to be clear, you know that "NASA, NOAA, the EU, BOM etc," have demonstrated bias that kind of eliminates any instant credibility you may think they have? Right?

I'm not saying they never make true statements, but they do fall in line with certain narratives thier own data has shown to disprove.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 pm
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly mostly
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby Faxie » Fri May 07, 2021 6:40 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:23 pm
Faxie wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:48 pm
Reminds me why I stop bothering most of the time. Had too many instances where I posted data, graphs and papers from official institutes like NASA, NOAA, the EU, BOM etc, only to be called names without any counterarguments and got my replies removed on top of it. These people are beyond help.
So just go to the other planet with all the sensible and rational people. (Again, sarcasm)

Bitching about idiots does not make them smarter. Nor does it seem to be a solution to the issues at hand. And just to be clear, you know that "NASA, NOAA, the EU, BOM etc," have demonstrated bias that kind of eliminates any instant credibility you may think they have? Right?

I'm not saying they never make true statements, but they do fall in line with certain narratives thier own data has shown to disprove.
I'm fully aware of that (especially regarding questionable homogenisations of data), but they are the sources people would normally not question. Other sources are normally disregarded immediately without any sound arguments, so it's the best tactic. They won't defy their own gods.

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 10673
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 115 times
Contact:

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby tautologies » Fri May 07, 2021 11:49 pm

Faxie wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:48 pm
Calling people names is apparently a better argument than posting actual scientific papers and articles about the subjects, or even attempting to debate. Just trust the marketing, not the science! And then they get angry because the rainforests are getting chopped down, or when a windmill is placed in their backyard :roll:

Reminds me why I stop bothering most of the time. Had too many instances where I posted data, graphs and papers from official institutes like NASA, NOAA, the EU, BOM etc, only to be called names without any counterarguments and got my replies removed on top of it. These people are beyond help.
Let me respond to this. I wasn't primarily talking to you regarding the anti-science. Note that calling someone who for every argument goes against conventional science and argues the falsified margins as if they are correct and that everything else is just conspiracies from some greedy big money academics is by definition anti-science...you know because they aren't arguing in science. I did go to your links, and read some of their conclusions, perhaps different from you.

That said, I do think your argument fails to include the social aspects of making changes and focusing on the environment. You can argue that isolated it will not do much, but the bar has to be moved somewhere. Clearly starting talking and thinking about environmental impacts is a good thing. Then comes doing, then comes doing more. I think criticizing everything because more could be done or one could start in a different end is not helpful in that process.
These users thanked the author tautologies for the post (total 3):
jumptheshark (Sat May 08, 2021 12:03 am) • GregK (Sat May 08, 2021 1:06 am) • nixmatters (Sat May 08, 2021 6:25 am)
Rating: 20%

User avatar
tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:29 am
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Bates 4000, Dominator MX-10
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby tegirinenashi » Sat May 08, 2021 2:09 am

You "anti-science" label is quite naïve and arrogant. Here is little more sophisticated discussion:



His father was Berkeley(!) professor. The vocabulary is impressive by itself:
"research cartel"
"monopoly of knowledge"
"failures of institutional knowledge"
"moral authority"
"arrival of Greta Thumberg into the climate space"
"victimology joining hands with scientism"
These users thanked the author tegirinenashi for the post:
Faxie (Sat May 08, 2021 7:21 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

User avatar
alkiter
Frequent Poster
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:49 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Jupiter
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Whatever works
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: South Florida
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby alkiter » Sat May 08, 2021 12:10 pm

While brainwashed gullible humans believe they can change global climate, we're one volcanic eruption that will destroy civilization as we know it.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 889
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:01 pm
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 161 times

Re: Cabrinha: Implementation of Bio-Based Dyneema

Postby elguapo » Fri May 21, 2021 10:43 pm

Image


wait.

this is a real thing?


i thought this was a "late" april fool joke from cabrinha....


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 9 guests