Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kites that fits other brands bar

Forum for kitesurfers
Herman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: My Own.
Gear: SLE, foils and C kites, TTs, Directionals, Landboards, Buggy.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: kites that fits other brands bar

Postby Herman » Wed May 12, 2021 12:24 pm

99% of the time I don’t really mind what flag system I am using and full trim in plus sheeting out is more than enough depower for ground handling on the beach, mostly tether. However, there is that 1%! If it is a broken powerline I want to be on a simple well set mini 5th, if it is a powerful squall I want my mummy or a 5th or a single front line flag. I will keep my fingers crossed that I have chosen the one I need for the day.

PS I expect the re-ride potential of the above core system might be less “tangly” than a simple FLF system, just another consideration

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Wed May 12, 2021 2:03 pm

^^^ Must be a small Flysurfer soul then? You need at least half the wingspan for a foil kite to flag out properly without any pull.

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Naska Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Waipuliani Park - Kihei - Maui, HI USA
South Point - Hawaii, HI USA
A-Bay - Hawaii, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
South Point - Hawaii Island
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: 2022 Dice 10m/12m SLS, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 15m Aluula Juice
2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2020 Duotone Jaime Textreme, 2014 Best Breeze 145,
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com

Postby dracop » Wed May 12, 2021 7:41 pm

Core has a bizarre safety system

I had a terrible experience quick releasing a GTS5 attached via a Slingshot Bar, not good, with strong 40-45mph winds . Kite did not depower enough and it was clearly not meant to work with a normal single line flagout. Part of Core’s attempt to lock you into their ecosystem.

Not sure on newer Core kites, never tried flagging one out again

Dont mess with weird systems like Core or the older 2 line flagout systems (Cabrinha IDS etc), not worthwhile.

Outside of Core and 5 line C kites, most kites nowadays are cross compatible bar wise as the industry is mostly low V split with single line flagout systems.

elguapo
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: pattaya
Gear: ..
Has thanked: 0

Postby elguapo » Wed May 12, 2021 9:21 pm

nothing2seehere wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:03 pm
^^^ Must be a small Flysurfer soul then? You need at least half the wingspan for a foil kite to flag out properly without any pull.
i believe these words were exactly what armin said about using souls with core bars...to a direct question one of these threads (or maybe social media)

--> need at least half the wingspan

Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.

Postby Foil » Thu May 13, 2021 8:09 am

The core sector bars 1 and 2 are very different in the way they release to safety, it took me a while to work it out, I have replaced the line sets on 4 of these bars in the last few weeks for customers, and had one that I picked up for myself to bring back to life as all the lines were just badly worn and it needed everything replacing, a costly job but a great way for me to get to know this bar inside out, the odd quick release is complicated, hard to get your head around, and is a tangle problem waiting to frustrate as you roll lines out, after working it out I decided to get rid of the "thick heavy C rope" safety system and swap it over to a much safer, much lighter and no tangle 2 ring system, single front line flag out, and no surprise it works perfectly, I flew my foil kites on it to "try fly" them as the Y point is high up but not really too far up, and my hyperlinks were really good to fly on the bar,as would a lot of other kites, lei or foils, not all I bet but most would, I know the rrd wave kites demand a much higher Y split point for example, the sector 2 bar is full carbon and feels super light in use, depower is superb to use and the pu covered lines slide easily and smoothly through the bar hole guides, I have sold the bar on to a core bar user in the last week and he has said he wants me to convert his other core bar to the twin ring system as he believes the original safety system is not the greatest.
one point to make on this bar is the bar stop ball is not that far up the safety line, so super large light wind kites will need to have their wing span measured before using, you need over half the wingspan to be safe, or risk the wing tip curling up and spinning the kite once fully released, this is the risk if you are using this bar in standard form on non core branded kites, try in light winds first to check this.
or convert the bar to the single line safety using the twin ring mod, but then you still need to double check the wingspan for complete flat flag out as some high aspect large old race foil kites for example may still not flag out completely flat

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Postby nothing2seehere » Thu May 13, 2021 10:38 am

elguapo wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:21 pm
nothing2seehere wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:03 pm
i believe these words were exactly what armin said about using souls with core bars...to a direct question one of these threads (or maybe social media)

--> need at least half the wingspan
Yeah. I'm stealing someone else's sketch but it makes sense if you think how the bridles connect.

https://oaseforum.de/attachment.php?att ... 1619858297

Maybe as long as both front lines slide at least half the wingspan (8m span on a 12m Soul so 4m+ needed) relative to the back lines then it works even though the relative difference in the front line bridles is less than 4m?

evan
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Brouwersdam
Style: Hydrofoil - Big Air
Gear: Infexion bars
Brand Affiliation: Infexion

Postby evan » Thu May 13, 2021 10:47 am

Point is that you can't expect to have those bars work on kites not designed for it. Most kiters are not willing to test those things out, it should just work under all circumstancen. That is why i strongly suggest to keep core bars at core kites and use a proper single line flagout on all other kites to the general public.

Those willing to experiment can do so at their own risk ;)

Return to “Kitesurfing”