Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot mutant twin tip

Forum for kitesurfers
gibsonandpickett
Frequent Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:54 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: wellington newzealand
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Slingshot mutant twin tip

Postby gibsonandpickett » Fri May 14, 2021 4:00 am

Any one on here had any experience/reviews on this?

User avatar
TheRussian
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2179
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, & Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Slingshot mutant twin tip

Postby TheRussian » Fri May 14, 2021 8:59 am

I had a chat with Sam when he was using one - it looks nice, but more of a TT with more grip, & not really a mutant, as the fins are too small and the outline/rocker looks too symmetrical (imho) to be a mutant

Vinda
Rare Poster
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:31 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 74kg
Local Beach: Rest Bay & Aberavon Wales, UK
Favorite Beaches: Broughton Bay, Wales
Style: Useless Freeride
Gear: F-One Bandit and Bandit S Kites.
North Orbit and Reach Kites
North Atmos TT and Naish Monarch TT
North Chase Surfboard
North Sonar Foil
Nobile Skim
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Slingshot mutant twin tip

Postby Vinda » Fri May 14, 2021 11:21 am

I guess it's a bit like the old Naish MTX with less fin. And certainly not worth putting big fins in a board without a fin box as we both learned with the MTX. Snappy snap snap

I'd love to have a session a proper Mutant of old. I know the sport has moved on but they were great fun.

User avatar
TheRussian
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2179
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, & Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Slingshot mutant twin tip

Postby TheRussian » Fri May 14, 2021 11:50 am

Vinda wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:21 am
I guess it's a bit like the old Naish MTX with less fin. And certainly not worth putting big fins in a board without a fin box as we both learned with the MTX. Snappy snap snap

I'd love to have a session a proper Mutant of old. I know the sport has moved on but they were great fun.
lol...the sport has moved on... I haven't... that's all I use - customs based on the old 4'10 Naish Pro - but I did have a session the other day on my board that started it all - the 4'10 Flash !

Jonpnw
Medium Poster
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:27 am
Local Beach: Pacific Northwest
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: Quikfin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Supernatural ?

Postby Jonpnw » Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 pm

Are you asking about the Supernatural Twin Tip ? It is a lot of fun , slashing small onshore waves and boosting airs.
Attachments
SS.jpg

gibsonandpickett
Frequent Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:54 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: wellington newzealand
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Supernatural ?

Postby gibsonandpickett » Sat May 15, 2021 4:27 am

Jonpnw wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:15 pm
Are you asking about the Supernatural Twin Tip ? It is a lot of fun , slashing small onshore waves and boosting airs.
Yes thats what id like somw answers on

Chestnut
Rare Poster
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:25 am
Kiting since: 1997
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Slingshot mutant twin tip

Postby Chestnut » Sat May 15, 2021 10:19 am

TheRussian wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:50 am
Vinda wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:21 am
I guess it's a bit like the old Naish MTX with less fin. And certainly not worth putting big fins in a board without a fin box as we both learned with the MTX. Snappy snap snap

I'd love to have a session a proper Mutant of old. I know the sport has moved on but they were great fun.
lol...the sport has moved on... I haven't... that's all I use - customs based on the old 4'10 Naish Pro - but I did have a session the other day on my board that started it all - the 4'10 Flash !
Can You post A picture of the custom mutant that you use? Thanks in advance The Russian. :wink:

SMJ
Frequent Poster
Posts: 217
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:29 am
Kiting since: 2040
Gear: Cabrimha, Core, Flysurfer, Carved, Naish, Duotone, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Lift, Spleene, Mystic, ION.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Slingshot mutant twin tip

Postby SMJ » Sat May 15, 2021 1:41 pm

Keep in mind that Sam is sponsored by Slingshot:


gibsonandpickett
Frequent Poster
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:54 am
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: wellington newzealand
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Slingshot mutant twin tip

Postby gibsonandpickett » Mon May 17, 2021 1:31 am

SMJ wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 1:41 pm
Keep in mind that Sam is sponsored by Slingshot:

yeah i saw that. Would like peoples reviews from real kiters not from sponsored riders. Board looks like it could be awesome.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1943
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:49 am
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 169 times

Re: Slingshot mutant twin tip

Postby knotwindy » Mon May 17, 2021 2:49 am

Funny, I trust Sam even though he works for Slingy. The small issue I have is he could make anything look really fun, even an actual wood plank. I’ve talked with pros and they will say “oh, this board will do this and this and this”. And I look at them and say ‘it will do that with you on it, not me’. Sadly.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 42 guests