I started kitesurfing with the Naish Triad (8 & 11) and used it for 2 years before switching to the Pivot (8 & 11). Main reasons was that I wanted to jump a bit more/higher and I could trade in my old triads for pivot. But overall I was happy with my triads and could have flown them for a while longer. In retrospect I could have bought a bigger Triad kite for starting out and learning. Then bought a smaller Pivot for higher windspeeds later in my learning curve.
- Easy to generate power
- mellow in higher windspeeds (especially nice when your starting with kitesurfing). I have flown my 11 in 25 knots and felt in control.
- less bar pressure
- A bit slower steering (nice when starting)
- Ok jumping (better with 11 than
- High aspect. Easier/Higher jumping. More risk frontstalling (not nice when starting out(or more experienced for that matter))
- Faster steering. Felt more in controle while downlooping/helilooping than with triad
- Pivot feels a bit less safe than the triad did. I experienced a new learning phase switching to pivot
- Better upwind