Forum for kitesurfers
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 376
- Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:27 am
Hi, I have one Core Sensor 2 bar and have 2 questions:
1) How do you self land on this bar? I have the Core Sections and a Core LW Free.
2) Does this bar with the double front line flag out have any safety or depower concerns compared to a single line flag out?
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 1867
- Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:54 pm
- Kiting since: 1999
- Gear: LEI's & Surfboards
It is the easiest kite bar there is to walk up the front lines to the kite.
No QR needed .
Don't know about flagging.
You got a good 4 meters of double thick lines to climb to the V.
Then an easy walk to the kite.
See other thread where you had question.
Explained in details.
I'm familiar also with 5th Element North bar landings.
Easy also to walk them up.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:45 pm
- Local Beach: South Oyster Bay (Long Island)
- Favorite Beaches: Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka
- Style: Freeride
- Gear: Core XR4 7/9/12/15. Nobile NHP and Nobile split surf / foil board. Slingshot hover glide foil
- Brand Affiliation: None
1) you just have to get up to the high y quickly when flagging to be able to pull the one closest to you to make it turn into the wind.
I usually pull 10ft / 3 meters up and then walk up the lines quickly to the y to make sure you get there before the kite relaunches. I would try this a few times on light wind days before I tried with any real amounts of wind. If I’m powered up, I almost always tether or have someone help to be precautious.
2) I rode a core 2 sensor and core 2 sensor pro for 3 years and never had a problem. When you quick release sometimes it doesn’t fully depower instantly, but I’ve never had an issue that a quick tug didn’t sort out. I just bought a sensor 3 to have the push QR when other people use my bar, the twist was just non standard and not familiar, so I made the switch. The QR on the new bar seems pretty similar , maybe a touch quicker
Return to “Kitesurfing”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 98 guests