Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Triton Foils releases the first accessible monowing: Triton T1

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Jyoder
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Chesapeake Bay (Annapolis area)
Gear: Zeeko bullet Foil and DIY board
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Triton Foils releases the first accessible monowing: Triton T1

Postby Jyoder » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:21 pm

I’ve followed the Horst monofoil thread on kiteforum with interest and I rode a couple different wings stabless enough to get a sense for the benefit and cost. Delta foils also produced a monofoil that was hyped for a bit and then hype disappeared.

So far I don’t see anything groundbreaking in this T1 design, and careful look at all the available videos confirms this in my opinion.

I don’t mean to be a jerk, but it seems overhyped and heavily marketed without evidence to back it up. Why are there ads showing up everywhere and sensationalism from the company but all the actual footage shows mediocre foiling at best??

I hope you can prove me wrong, as I want to believe, but at this point I really don’t.
These users thanked the author Jyoder for the post:
TritonFoils (Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:26 am)
Rating: 6.67%

TritonFoils
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 0
Local Beach: Ontario, Canada
Style: Freestyle Foil & Foil Surf
Gear: T1 Monowing by Triton Foils
Brand Affiliation: Triton Foil - www.tritonfoils.com

Postby TritonFoils » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:23 am

Totally get where you are coming from Jyoder and appreciate the straight talk.

Two observations...

First, don't take our word on the T1 being the world's first truly accessible (e.g. ridable) monowing, check out these independent rider reviews:

1. viewtopic.php?p=1151103#p1151103

and, 2. http://kiteforum.ca/viewtopic.php?p=105770#p105770

Second, this is a passion project for us which I hope you can tell by the people behind the T1 monowing - https://www.tritonfoils.com/team.html.

We are not a big brand and would not have spent two years and more time and money that we'd like to admit coming up with this amazing, innovative wing.

But hey, you are right, at the end of day the T1 monowing will either prove itself out or not on beaches around world.

And if its not what you want spend your time riding on all the power to you. There are tons of great foils out there. Ride them to your heart's content.

For the lucky few who do get their hands on a T1 in 2021 (we have limited supply) there are going to be a lot of big smiles going around which makes it all worthwhile for us.

Thanks for the comments!

Rudy @TritonFoils

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:30 am

Jyoder wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:21 pm
I’ve followed the Horst monofoil thread on kiteforum with interest and I rode a couple different wings stabless enough to get a sense for the benefit and cost. Delta foils also produced a monofoil that was hyped for a bit and then hype disappeared.

So far I don’t see anything groundbreaking in this T1 design, and careful look at all the available videos confirms this in my opinion.

I don’t mean to be a jerk, but it seems overhyped and heavily marketed without evidence to back it up. Why are there ads showing up everywhere and sensationalism from the company but all the actual footage shows mediocre foiling at best??

I hope you can prove me wrong, as I want to believe, but at this point I really don’t.
I think you are completely misreading the situation. There's no "overhype" & "ads showing up everywhere". There's an ad on Kiteforum & there's this thread - that's about it. This is a small start-up company based on passion for the sport - not a multi-million dollar, multi-national brand. There's no money to make it heavily marketed & no budget for big-name riders - the "mediocre foiling" is regular guys doing their thing & sharing the stoke. I have no idea how good the Triton T1 wing is - I may at some point get to try it - but I know the individuals involved & they are stand-up guys. Time will tell if the product is good & the project gathers momentum.
These users thanked the author Flyboy for the post (total 3):
geron (Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:35 pm) • anotheroldguy (Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:36 pm) • TritonFoils (Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:03 pm)
Rating: 20%

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:47 am

Jyoder wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:21 pm

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
These users thanked the author matth for the post:
anotheroldguy (Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:37 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

ieism
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Gear: Flysurfer Peak 4

Postby ieism » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Just a few ads man, what's the problem here. I kope you succeed and this turns out to be a great thing for all foilers in the long run.
These users thanked the author ieism for the post (total 2):
anotheroldguy (Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:37 pm) • TritonFoils (Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:03 pm)
Rating: 13.33%

mede
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 72 kg dry
Local Beach: Sri Lanka West Coast
Favorite Beaches: Sri Lanka West Coast, Cape Verde, Tarifa, Beauduc, Corpus Christi
Style: Strapless surfing, Big Air
Gear: Tomo Vader 5.1 HE, Gong Curve & Fluid, Kauper Falcon 11m, Blade Trigger 5m & 8m & 10m, Storm Voyager 13m
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby mede » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:53 am

Jyoder: Please look at it also through the eyes of Toby.... You seem to think everything good should be free in life. Servers, certificates, infrastructure, and Toby's time all cost, so it's only fair if a company who gets massive visibility through his forum also pays for an add or two.
This has nothing to do with overhype marketing.

Return to “Hydrofoil”