Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Re: looking for bar options

Postby edt » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:07 am

alford wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:45 am
Agree there's a lot to like about the Trust bar but it is a high Y, doesn't that contradict your earlier thoughts on high Y?
Oh right thanks! I had forgotten about that. I always make my own lines chicken line and leaders and convert the high y to low v myself so maybe the click bar is better for the original poster since he probably doesn't want to make control bar modifications. The click bar is nice a lot of people like it and it has that low v which is better for future compatibility.
These users thanked the author edt for the post:
alford (Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:01 am)
Rating: 3.03%

leeuwen
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Anything in NL
Style: Foiling around
Gear: KauperXT 11M Falcon
Ocean Rodeo aluula roam 10m / HL Crave 8m/6m
Slingshot ghost 4M
Sabfoil 1350L,633,699,671/ 83-103 kraken mast / Groove Skate L + Radical / Sabfoil T35
Lieuwe Shotgun
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: looking for bar options

Postby leeuwen » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:38 am

I would argue that the clickbar does not support low V out of the box.
You need to remove the line splitter and without that you get to much wear where the lines exit the PU tubing.
You cannot put the line splitter that comes with the bar lower because of the stopper ball that cannot be removed without modifying the bar.

There are also lots of other (durability) issues with the bar so I would not recommend.

I would personally get any bar you like get a universal line splitter and add pigtails where needed.

Sadly I haven’t seen seen the perfect bar yet so it’s always going to be a trade off in regards to features.
These users thanked the author leeuwen for the post:
edt (Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:17 am)
Rating: 3.03%

Return to “Kitesurfing”