Brand Affiliation: None.

Duotone D/LAB Surfboard Range

Postby Toby » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:57 pm

Duotone News:

Duotone D/LAB Surfboard Range

Whip D/LAB

whip.png
whip.png (207.25 KiB) Viewed 2343 times

It’s the brand new 2022 Whip shape, but in our premium D/LAB construction that brings another level of performance and durability. The key feature of the new D/Lab construction is the new Reflex Memory Foam Shock Absorber on the deck of the board, making D/Lab boards feel incredibly more responsive on the water, even compared to SLS boards. Notably lighter than our Cork Shock Absorber, the RMF also boasts key technical benefits including the magical property of memory. If you land hard from your freestyle tricks and put a small dent in the deck, it will over time gradually push the dent out to its original shape and your board will stay looking like new for longer.

Additionally, the superior vibration damping of the RMF makes it feel as if you’re riding on a cushion of air by reducing the high frequency chatter through the chop. This incredibly smooth ride inspires confidence in your riding when attacking the lip and landing airs because you know your board will absorb the shock and deliver top notch performance without sacrificing durability. The all-new Whip D/LAB is a great board for pushing the progression of all your freestyle tricks and one of our team’s most highly regarded performance surfboards that is guaranteed to put you in all the right places on the wave from tight in the pocket to above the lip and into big open faced carves in small to medium waves. There's lots to love about this board - incredibly light, very durable and capable of excelling in waves and in the air. All you have to do is jump on board and reap the rewards!

https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboard ... hip-d/lab/

Wam D/LAB

wam.png
wam.png (288.49 KiB) Viewed 2343 times

The Wam D/LAB is offered in our two most popular sizes in the same new shape as the WAM SLS, but in our revolutionary new D/LAB construction. D/LAB represents the masterpiece of everything we do here at Duotone and this new high end construction centres around the use of a new material - Reflex Memory Foam. Our new RMF Shock Absorber in combination with the Innegra Shield offers decisive technical advantages over the Cork Shock Absorber found in our SLS range. Firstly, it is lighter, without affecting the overall strength of the board. Secondly, it has memory; if you put a small heel dent in the board, the foam will push the dent out over time, giving you a lighter board that stays looking fresh for longer. D/LAB boards feel more responsive on the water thanks to the reduced weight and the remarkable damping effect that drastically reduces high frequency vibrations, giving these boards a smooth and forgiving feel to inspire your confidence when attacking the lip and landing huge airs. The Wam D/LAB is the ultimate classic surf style weapon for all conditions and the number one choice of our team riders in surf competitions, from big waves to small, it uses the most advanced technologies available to take you to the top step of the podium.

https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboard ... wam-d/lab/

Fish D/LAB

fish.png
fish.png (291.52 KiB) Viewed 2343 times

The new Fish D/LAB is available in our two most popular sizes and will be a limited production run, so if you want the ultimate light wind, small to medium-sized wave board you better hurry. D/LAB is the name for a new construction technique that utilizes Reflex Memory Foam on the board's deck. This new material has some remarkable properties and it's even lighter than the cork used in our SLS range! Small heel dents can be avoided as the Reflex Memory Foam, RMF deck will gradually reform and push the deck back into shape! The lighter and more lively response of the board, helps it get going a bit earlier than the SLS version. The remarkable damping effect created by the RMF Shock Absorber combined with the Innegra Shield will inspire your confidence to your riding to the next level. The Fish D/LAB is your ticket to maximising every session on the water and rinsing every bit of power from the wave. The flat rocker and full outline combine to ensure you are the first person planing at the beach, giving you the chance to shred the waves on your own, while others are still waiting for the wind to pick up. The Fish D/LAB is the very pinnacle of design and construction development here at Duotone, it's the best of the best, and you deserve it!

https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboard ... ish-d/lab/

kitelife
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Favorite Beaches: Secret Spots with iKitesurf meters.
Style: Surf and Foil
Gear: slingshot, north/duotone

Re: Duotone D/LAB Surfboard Range

Postby kitelife » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:35 am

Toby wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:57 pm
Duotone News:
…The RMF also boasts key technical benefits including the magical property of memory. If you land hard from your freestyle tricks and put a small dent in the deck, it will over time gradually push the dent out to its original shape and your board will stay looking like new for longer.

Is this warrantied if the dents don’t come out?

bjw
Medium Poster
Gear: Best
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby bjw » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:26 pm

Most foams have memory, it's just that memory foam take longer to expand.

If heal dents are so good why don't they shape them into the board?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:33 pm

problem with the video, new video online:

madworld
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Never never land
Style: Cruising
Gear: Rich peoples throw aways.

Postby madworld » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:07 pm

For those prices I would get a custom board, my biggest issue that they use proprietary fins boxes. I prefer genuine future fin boxes.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:24 pm

madworld wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:07 pm
For those prices I would get a custom board, my biggest issue that they use proprietary fins boxes. I prefer genuine future fin boxes.
For '22 their surfboards are now spec'ed with Futures fin boxes. I agree that going custom may offer a better ROI. :thumb:

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:47 pm

Finally no more Cork inside... :thumb:

madworld
Very Frequent Poster

Postby madworld » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:11 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:24 pm
madworld wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:07 pm
For '22 their surfboards are now spec'ed with Futures fin boxes. I agree that going custom may offer a better ROI. :thumb:
Please direct me to were this is mentioned in their documentation. https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboard ... hip-d/lab/ ??????????????????????

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:11 am

madworld wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:11 pm
Please direct me to were this is mentioned in their documentation. https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboard ... hip-d/lab/ ??????????????????????
Scroll down a bit just below "Details" and you'll see "Tech Features". Click onto the "plus" sign that's positioned over the center fin and it will give you the details on their new Multibox/Futures fin boxes. :thumb:

madworld
Very Frequent Poster

Postby madworld » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:09 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:11 am
madworld wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:11 pm
Scroll down a bit just below "Details" and you'll see "Tech Features". Click onto the "plus" sign that's positioned over the center fin and it will give you the details on their new Multibox/Futures fin boxes. :thumb:

MULTIBOX
All boards now come with our own Futures Fins compatible fin boxes. Two side set screws and no rear tab allow for a wider tolerance of fin fitting and ensure a perfect and tight fit every time whether you’re using our high quality composite fins or any stock after market Futures brand fin. Easy to install and uninstall even with Sand and Salt.

They are not genuine Future fin boxes, but accept Future fins, it is not the same. Marketing hype. A big difference.

Return to “Kitesurfing”