Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Jumping Rules

Forum for kitesurfers
Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Jumping Rules

Postby Faxie » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:42 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:17 pm
Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:38 pm
How am I supposed to stop when my brakelines are cut? :?: Only way to avoid a collision is to get out of my way, sorry. :roll:
Matteo V wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:56 pm
Let me make this perfectly clear - cutting your own brake lines on your car does not mean that you can roll through a busy intersection without stopping for a sign or a red light.

Do you get it now? You can't throw a switch to give yourself a handicap when it's convenient for you to claim right of way. Jumping is exactly the same. It's your decision, which was to either jump or not jump. Prior to jumping, you have the responsibility to make sure any potential path and landing is clear AND that no other kiter will have to adjust thier current course to avoid you.
It's your decision to ride in the landing zone

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:44 pm

Matty V wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:05 pm
Or if you are skilled and it’s clear that others are not, wouldn’t it be prudent to move your skill somewhere where you will do no harm?

In the event of injury as said earlier it’s hard to defend.

“Yeah I am the better rider but I kept jumping until I hit Simone not as good as me… “
That's why I tell beginners to go home when they've managed their first waterstart. 'Sorry, your skill level is too high now, and you're a danger to the other beginners'

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:37 pm

Blackened wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:24 pm
To go along with the car theme:
You are driving a car with bald tyres down a narrow, muddy gravel road with rocks/ruts/potholes/trenches (conditions) that prevent you from driving less than half the posted speed limit. You see a giant off roader quickly come up behind you.
1. Ignore it because you have right of way.
2. Pull over and let them pass.
The majority in the world choose option one. If only because they're oblivious and haven't looked in their rearview for the past 30min. Obviously the car is entitled to be there and has right of way, but those conditions don't suit it and should let the offroader pass.

Again, the point of my posts is simply to make people aware that certain conditions suit different people. Please just understand you may be ruining someone's day. There is no rule preventing someone from mowing the lawn in the one flat water section, but you're going to make a lot of people unhappy.
This is the best example of a false equivalency I think I have ever seen. Let me fix this for you so that it actually applies to the situation at hand.

'You are driving your only car with bald tyres that are the best you have available down a narrow, muddy gravel road with rocks/ruts/potholes/trenches (conditions) that prevent you from driving less than half the posted speed limit. It is a rough road, but it is the safest road for you to get to where you are going to buy new tires. You see a giant off roader quickly come up behind you.
Choosingoption 2 means you have to pull off of a terrible road onto an even more terrible shoulder, and will likely get stuck, in which case that "giant offroader" then has to decide
1. Stop and help get that guy unstuck
2. Ignore thier troubles and be happy you don't have them slowing you down anymore
.'

Beginners need the safest available area so that they can develop the skill to become that "giant off roader". Others who have already developed the skill, who also wish to not be inconvenienced by beginners who are starting out in the same manner as they once did, are an example of nearly the worst humanity has to offer.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:44 pm

Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:44 pm
That's why I tell beginners to go home when they've managed their first waterstart. 'Sorry, your skill level is too high now, and you're a danger to the other beginners'
So thats when you quit kiteboarding? At completion of waterstarts? Then how can you be even discussing this topic?

But I do appreciate you posting here for the total newbie point of view! Thanks!

- Fighting sarcasm with sarcasm serves to only highlight sarcasm's futility.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:17 pm

Here, I fixed the last line for you
Fighting only highlights the futility.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:49 pm

knotwindy wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:17 pm
Here, I fixed the last line for you
Fighting only highlights the futility.
If you claim that fighting for the recognition of the observable reality is futile?????...... I'll let you dwell on that one.

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
23/24 Orbits

Postby Blackened » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:37 pm
Blackened wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:24 pm
To go along with the car theme:
You are driving a car with bald tyres down a narrow, muddy gravel road with rocks/ruts/potholes/trenches (conditions) that prevent you from driving less than half the posted speed limit. You see a giant off roader quickly come up behind you.
The majority in the world choose option one. If only because they're oblivious and haven't looked in their rearview for the past 30min. Obviously the car is entitled to be there and has right of way, but those conditions don't suit it and should let the offroader pass.

Again, the point of my posts is simply to make people aware that certain conditions suit different people. Please just understand you may be ruining someone's day. There is no rule preventing someone from mowing the lawn in the one flat water section, but you're going to make a lot of people unhappy.
This is the best example of a false equivalency I think I have ever seen. Let me fix this for you so that it actually applies to the situation at hand.

'You are driving your only car with bald tyres that are the best you have available down a narrow, muddy gravel road with rocks/ruts/potholes/trenches (conditions) that prevent you from driving less than half the posted speed limit. It is a rough road, but it is the safest road for you to get to where you are going to buy new tires. You see a giant off roader quickly come up behind you.
Choosingoption 2 means you have to pull off of a terrible road onto an even more terrible shoulder, and will likely get stuck, in which case that "giant offroader" then has to decide
1. Stop and help get that guy unstuck
2. Ignore thier troubles and be happy you don't have them slowing you down anymore
.'

Beginners need the safest available area so that they can develop the skill to become that "giant off roader". Others who have already developed the skill, who also wish to not be inconvenienced by beginners who are starting out in the same manner as they once did, are an example of nearly the worst humanity has to offer.
Oh, sorry mate. Forgot who my audience was. Let me make it more obvious for you.

2. Pull over as soon as it's safe to do so to let them pass.

You also made my point for me in your own example. Although, this is completely irrelevant as by this stage, the argument is over. To quote you from earlier, the general rule of life is, "Try not to be a cunt."
Last edited by Blackened on Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Blackened for the post:
runner1 (Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:51 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:56 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:44 pm
Faxie wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:44 pm
So thats when you quit kiteboarding? At completion of waterstarts? Then how can you be even discussing this topic?

But I do appreciate you posting here for the total newbie point of view! Thanks!

- Fighting sarcasm with sarcasm serves to only highlight sarcasm's futility.
Well, apparently the higher skilled riders aren't allowed. So where's the threshold?

If you can't handle boosters, it's time to leave. Or you can try and find out who has the longest breath. :bye:

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:32 pm

Faxie wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:56 pm
If you can't handle boosters, it's time to leave. Or you can try and find out who has the longest breath. :bye:
If you can't handle the newbies, you ain't got any skill anyway.

Guess the guys jumpin' into newbs, really are "teabaggers".

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Faxie » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:09 am

Matteo V wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:32 pm
Faxie wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:56 pm
If you can't handle the newbies, you ain't got any skill anyway.

Guess the guys jumpin' into newbs, really are "teabaggers".
So that must mean I can stay, and they have to go away. Thanks for agreeing with me!

Return to “Kitesurfing”