Reedin Kev Pro 136 board w/ North Straps
Nobile XTR LW board
12m Hyperlink for LW
Mystic MajesticX Hardshell
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Daily driver high performance twintip recommendations

Postby Sun » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:59 pm

I will further confuse the matter with my opinion:

The Naish Stomp is an excellent board for comfort and chop. I say that owning a Core Fusion as well. The Core is lighter and goes upwind better, and ultimately I can probably jump higher with it. But you feel EVERY ripple compared to the Stomp. The Stomp has a lot of rocker and it is a stiff board, so you just plow through everything. I can ride four hours and not a bit of knee or leg discomfort, where with the Core I fatigue faster because I have to absorbs more chop/impact/vibration.

Surprisingly, my lightwind flat bottomed Nobile XTR feels a little smoother than the Core. But I guess that might be because the light wind water surface is not as choppy as when I am riding the Core.

Choosing a board is hard. Demoing a board is hard. Good luck with your search!

runner1
Medium Poster
Local Beach: St Kilda

Postby runner1 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:54 pm

Sun wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:59 pm
I will further confuse the matter with my opinion:

The Naish Stomp is an excellent board for comfort and chop. I say that owning a Core Fusion as well. The Core is lighter and goes upwind better, and ultimately I can probably jump higher with it. But you feel EVERY ripple compared to the Stomp. The Stomp has a lot of rocker and it is a stiff board, so you just plow through everything. I can ride four hours and not a bit of knee or leg discomfort, where with the Core I fatigue faster because I have to absorbs more chop/impact/vibration.

Surprisingly, my lightwind flat bottomed Nobile XTR feels a little smoother than the Core. But I guess that might be because the light wind water surface is not as choppy as when I am riding the Core.

Choosing a board is hard. Demoing a board is hard. Good luck with your search!
This reinforces to me why demoing is so important - I bought a Stomp and hated it

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle

Postby Ice101 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:00 am

andrzej351 wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:53 pm
Lieuwe Shotgun carbonara, is great
What they like on the knees? No duotone fans out there then? Surely the Jamie sls will get a mention from someone?

GJibb
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: SW Ontario
Gear: LF/Gong/Slingshot Kites
Duotone TT/SB
Gong HF

Postby GJibb » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:19 am

Duotone Jaime - Also surprised no one brought it up yet since it always comes up in this repeated topic

Rode an Axis Vanguard for years, had some specific issues and wanted something similar but different.
Bought a Jaime, couldn't be happier. It has everything I liked about the Vanguard, and everything I didn't like is better.
I don't know how to explain it much more without writing a books worth.

Although I'd love to try a Lieuwe and a CF Raptor

bramber3018
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Altona, VIC, Australia
Favorite Beaches: Altona, VIC, Australia
Style: All
Gear: 2012 Ozone C4 13m, 11m, 9m, 7m
Shinn Monk 132
Firewire Alternator 6'4"
Brand Affiliation: None. Save and buy everything...
Has thanked: 0

Postby bramber3018 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:46 am

Has anyone tried the Airush Apex team v7 and what do you think of it? What size for someone 92 kg in 17 to 25 knots?

Ndsparkus
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Gear: Kite s and boards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Ndsparkus » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:32 pm

bramber3018 wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:46 am
Has anyone tried the Airush Apex team v7 and what do you think of it? What size for someone 92 kg in 17 to 25 knots?
Hi just recently got the 139x41 I'm 80 to 85kg and used it a grand total of 3 times so far ranging from 15knote to 30knots, riding in messy shore waves, chop and flat water. Does everything I need it to, slash a wave face well, has really good rail grip and the landings are nice and soft (plus the AK footstraps are nice and comfy). The jumps are really good. Really happy with it and for a 139 (longest board I've ridden for a while) it is nice and playful. Nothing to fault...although the scratch resistant bottom is not that resistant.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:42 pm

There's only one board Jaime textreme (2021 version is called sls) either the 136 or 139. Do not get the entity straps duotone makes they break easy. Pair it with the naish Apex straps. The raptor pro is very close to the Jaime in feel but much more fragile and will snap if stomp your landing too hard. The Jaime will last a lot longer. There's really no better board on the market good in chop for big air good pop fast and comfortable. You need the textreme for board offs as it weighs a lot less than the non carbon board.

Saltyman
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 85kg
Style: Freeride/wakestyle, old school big air
Gear: Slingshot,Naish, Cabrinha,

Postby Saltyman » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:30 pm

Asylum V5, monarch, slingshot formula V1 most of there riders are using it or the CF raptor I also like the carbon bronq not a freestyle board but jumps well and is good in chop.
Everyone will have different opinions so try to get a demo.
All in all if you can't demo you can't really go wrong with a raptor ltd the extreme is stiffer so a bit more pop.
My favourite board atm is the asylum V5 138 I'm 85 kg.

Return to “Kitesurfing”