Postby Boston kiter » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:41 am

Matteo V wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:10 am
Hugh2 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:55 pm
Well said, Grigori.
Amazing....

https://www.bitchute.com/video/n7o5zN2iBIWX/

Just absolutely amazing that these people walk amongst us.
I never knew Gates was a Doctor....all this time I thought he was just a computer geek. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/91/101/111cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20/23” Guardian/Sentinel bars, 70/90cm carbon masts, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast, Moses 590/330 wing/stabilizer with fuselage plus 1200 sq.cm lightwind wing
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Bad News! S. Africa - Travel Bans/Restrictions

Postby grigorib » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:51 am

Boston kiter wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:41 am
Matteo V wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:10 am
Hugh2 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:55 pm
Well said, Grigori.
Amazing....

Just absolutely amazing that these people walk amongst us.
I never knew Gates was a Doctor....all this time I thought he was just a computer geek. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If you have an hour to listen to extremely smart, continuously educating himself, enjoying spending wealth for good of humankind and of course a geek - here’s a good one, I enjoyed watching it.

A warning - he’s not a kiter, not even a foiler like Zuckerberg. Nevertheless, a good hard working human being with exciting life.

These users thanked the author grigorib for the post:
StillLovinIt (Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:56 am)
Rating: 6.67%

Hugh2
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 190lb/86kg
Local Beach: Clinton Lake in East-Central Illinois
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras and Cape Town
Style: freeride
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad 5.5, Best Cabo 6, Naish Pivot 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11, Cabrinha Vector 12
Long Ocean 136, Eleveight Master 138, Cyclone 139, Fone Surf 5'11", Naish Global 6'0", Cyclone 6’0”, Slingshot Hoverglide H5 foil and Alien Air 4' 6" and Converter boards

Postby Hugh2 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:00 am

16055 new cases in South Africa, officially, surely many more, on Friday. Halfway to a new daily record. This is not looking good, just hope it is as mild as it seems so we don't have serious lockdowns to try to get a handle on it. Seems that previous infection might not be good protection from Omicron, which would suck as at least 40% of South Africans have already been infected once. Some interesting speculation out there about this variant having transitioned through some other animal species where it picked up these mutations and then back to humans, versus the original idea of it being in an immune compromised person for months and accumulating all its mutations. I like new theories, but not quite sure how you test either of them, and why would it have accumulated mutations that confer enhanced transmissability in humans if it was in some other species? I recall back when Alpha originated, seemingly in the UK, that a study of folks with long infection times showed some accumulation of mutations, so some support for the standard hypothesis there.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:11 pm

grigorib wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:51 am
If you have an hour to listen to extremely smart, continuously educating himself, enjoying spending wealth for good of humankind and of course a geek - here’s a good one, I enjoyed watching it.

A warning - he’s not a kiter, not even a foiler like Zuckerberg. Nevertheless, a good hard working human being with exciting life.

There's quite a few "other" videos that explain the past and present dealings of Bill Gates. Most of which would even make the most extreme super villian blush. And even if you give him the benifit of doubt, I agree he shouldn't be playing doctor any more than Fauchi, the CCP directed WHO, or the corporate heads of biotech corporations responsible for profit of their companies.

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:26 pm

Matteo V wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:11 pm

There's quite a few "other" videos that explain the past and present dealings of Bill Gates. Most of which would even make the most extreme super villian blush. And even if you give him the benifit of doubt, I agree he shouldn't be playing doctor any more than Fauchi, the CCP directed WHO, or the corporate heads of biotech corporations responsible for profit of their companies.
You got that right! And there's a few "other" videos" that explain how Obama is the Anti-Christ, George Soros is the Devil & Hillary Clinton drinks the blood of children. It's all there if you "do your own research"!
Last edited by Flyboy on Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Flyboy for the post (total 2):
sonny2727 (Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:28 pm) • Johnny Rotten (Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:19 pm)
Rating: 13.33%

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:06 pm

Now arguing about whose propaganda is better? Go kite.

Matteo V
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: US, Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/Utah/Oregon Coast
Favorite Beaches: Ft. Stevens, North coast of Oregon
Style: Just like school in summertime
Gear: Delta Kites and LF Kitefish QuadMod
Snowboard (Cambered and Rockered)
Foil kites on the snow
Brand Affiliation: NONE F--- the corporate world

Postby Matteo V » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:51 am

Flyboy wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:26 pm
Matteo V wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:11 pm

You got that right! And there's a few "other" videos" that explain how Obama is the Anti-Christ, George Soros is the Devil & Hillary Clinton drinks the blood of children. It'a all there if you "do your own research"!
So ya get it?

The ones claiming divine influence are as false as the ones saying "government/corporations = good, actual research and reality (anything that goes against the government/corporate narrative) = bad".

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:56 pm

Flyboy wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:32 pm
Havre wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:54 pm
I don't think those are clear at all. How do you explain the countries I showed having more or less exact same trends? How is it that one of the most open countries in the world, Norway, is doing better than most? Even Sweden which was heavily criticised for so long is doing far above average in Europe.

You also got states in the US with wildly different approaches. Like Florida and New York with basically the same results.

I would argue there is so much we don't understand, but we somehow pretend like we do.
I think there's lot that is not fully understood. The problem I see is that a lot of the skepticism about Covid is that it's driven by a political agenda that creates an unwillingness to even look at the science & evaluate it objectively. It's resulted in absurd conspiracy theories ... to go along with the wealth of other conspiracy theories generated & propagated by social media.

There ARE a lot of variables, but there has to be a willingness to look more closely at the statistics in order to understand what they might indicate rather than simply ignore them or dismiss them. Florida & New York don't have "basically the same results" at all. New York City is the most densely packed urban area in the US, it has a completely different climate than Florida & different demographics. New York state, as well as Florida, also has a large area that is very rural. You'd have to look more carefully at the statistics to see what the actual pattern of Covid has been. New York had a huge spike in Covid deaths in March, April & May of 2020 driven by the early arrival of Covid & then very low rates until the following winter when they started to go up again. Florida had spikes in the summer of 2020 & again in the winter. Most notably, Florida had a huge spike in deaths in August, September & October of 2021, while New York's death rate barely moved. Logically there must be an explanation for these differences. The same way that there is likely an explanation for the difference in infection rates & deaths in Norway compared to other countries in Europe.
No doubt as to the political agenda - at least in the US. The number of people who publicly said they would never take a "Trump-vaccine" who are not calling for strict restrictions for the unvaccinated is quite astonishing. That is a huge problem which obviously will not disappear even after this "pandemic".

As for where these "conspiracy theories" stem from - I would argue CNN have been worse than any social media. The perfect example with Joe Rogan and Ivermectin. If anything social media corrected CNN in that instance. Not to say there isn't a lot of "craziness" on social media, but no individual have been as insane as CNN during this "pandemic".

When I say same results I mean the number of deaths per million. Not saying the two states are similar in terms of climate, demographics etc.

I'm not going to pretend that I understand Covid. On the contrary I would argue no-one understands it - so I'm not going to say I do. I do however believe, as with all other viruses similar to Corona-viruses, that you will sooner or later get a "burn out"-effect - or herd immunity if you will. Ideally you get that by a vaccine with no side-effect, but even without a vaccine viruses "disappear". If not - we would not have been here. I find it hard to believe that it was the restrictions that suddenly meant NYC were basically in the clear when it came to Covid. What I find curious is that the threshold to some sort of herd immunity seem to vary a lot across countries and regions. I have no idea why.

As to the discussion on restrictions and vaccine efficacy. Israel and Palestine is a very curios case. Now they say the last wave was stopped by the booster-shots in Israel. How has things gone in Palestine then?

This is the general level of vaccine coverage between the two countries:
Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 19.49.51.png
These are the "booster" doses. As you can see 0 boosters in Palestine:
Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 19.50.46.png
These are the cases adjusted for population:
Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 19.51.38.png
Funny how they follow each other.

These are the deaths adjusted for population:
Screenshot 2021-12-06 at 19.52.29.png
So basically the same - with boosters and a high vaccine coverage vs. no boosters and low vaccine coverage. Obviously data capture etc. will vary between the two countries, but the trends are in any case clear. Why did this last "wave" die in both countries at the same time? Did the first round of vaccines to a small % of the population in Palestine have the same effect as the boosters? If you why are we vaccinating everyone in the Western world? And why didn't Israel have much lower numbers before anyone really got the vaccine in Palestine?

Not to mention - why the 3""###$#T"# won't we let Omicron spread freely? Still not a single death in Europe related to Omicron. Not saying having a virus spreading is a good thing, but by all accounts we really want this variant to take over as quickly as possible.

grigorib
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: OBX; Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; La Ventana; SPI; Hood River; Tawas, MI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 5/7/9/11m, Turbine 9/13m, SST 4/5m, UFO 3/5/7/9m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m standard, Flysurfer 2cool 6m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m

Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Flysurfer Radical6 138, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, Slingshot/Moses/RDB 70/90/91/101/111cm masts with 1200/860/800/730/600 wings and 310/230/425 stabilizers, 36" Woody, Slingshot Dwarfcraft Micro 100, MBS Comp 95x

For sale: Slingshot Turbine 9/13m, 20/23” Guardian/Sentinel bars, 70/90cm carbon masts, 1700 sq.cm wing/fuselage/stabilizer fitting Moses mast, Moses 590/330 wing/stabilizer with fuselage plus 1200 sq.cm lightwind wing

Postby grigorib » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:31 pm

Data by county in US. COVID has been politicized for no need and it’s causing unnecessary deaths. There’s variance, of course, and I wish conservatives and democrats would rather join efforts and make sure restrictions are meaningful, and mandates are not needed yet people push straight lies out and those lies cost lives of our fellow citizens.
Attachments
C5DECB0B-4F3C-428E-AA8A-E921BA7BC486.jpeg

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:40 pm

That is a very very rough way of dividing the population though. Quite a lot of research has been done in Norway as to who gets infected and who gets most ill. As an example income and education matters greatly. Probably not in itself, but as proxies for other reasons. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen anyone digging much deeper. Other than your BMI (or probably more precisely your fat %), diabetes (which is also linked to your BMI), age, overall health condition and race (could also be a proxy for for example vitamin d) matters.

I’m guessing there are some underlying differences between the two groups of voters. Not saying that explains it, but one should at least try to dig one level down before really drawing any conclusions.

Return to “Kitesurfing”