Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Duotone Evo SLS 2022

Postby Toby » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:32 pm

Duotone News:

Duotone Evo SLS 2022

evo.png

The Evo SLS sets the new standard in versatility, building on the design's success and taking it to new heights with the Strong Light Superior construction. The goal with the Evo SLS has always been versatility, and there isn't another kite in our range that performs so well across so many disciplines. Whether you want to freeride, freestyle or hit the local beach break, the kite has so much performance it will take your breath away!

Built using the incredibly light and durable Penta TX material for the frame and coupled with our signature Trinity TX canopy material, the kite is up to 15% lighter than the original construction. This loss of weight results in incredible handling and reactivity, tight fast loops, a wide wind range, and in general stunning flying characteristics. Coupled with the fantastic build quality, you are assured of a durable kite that can handle a wide range of conditions.

The Flex Struts allow the kite to really open up and twist when you engage the steering at the bar, resulting in a very dynamic handling experience. This improved handling experience allows you to quickly redirect the kite and get tension in the lines for huge hooked airs while giving you total control at all times. The lighter nature of the kite also means you can even get good drift in the waves. Couple this with the responsive nature, and you have a kite that even works for both onshore and offshore wave riding conditions.

Finally, freestyling on the Evo SLS you will unlock the potential to pull some of the best tricks you've ever landed. Offering just the right amount of pop and release, you'll be flying through the air hooked or unhooked and be sure of the envy of your friends. The relaunch is effortless, so if you do crash, you won't be wasting precious session time in the water, maximizing every opportunity to improve your riding.

There are a lot of kites out there that claim to be truly versatile, but only the Evo SLS offers versatility with an unmatched performance level. Don't let your gear define the way you ride; take the Evo SLS to the beach, make the most of whatever the conditions throw at you and ride the way you want.

https://www.duotonesports.com/kiteboard ... s/evo-sls/

mass898
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 80
Local Beach: Bredene
Favorite Beaches: Oesterdam
Style: freeride
Gear: Duotone rebel 6-9m
Evo SLS 11m
Lieuwe Shotgun 138x41
Epic Oxygen 135x47
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Duotone Evo SLS 2022

Postby mass898 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:17 pm

from kitemana:
""
Compared to the first version of the Evo SLS, the Duotone Evo SLS 2022 has been slightly modified. Following feedback from riders, the 2022 Evo SLS has become a little friendlier compared to the 2021 Evo SLS. The difference with a Dice was too small. The Duotone Evo SLS 2022 now steers a little less aggressively, gives you a more gradual pull into big air and lets you land a little more calmly back on the water compared to the 2021 Evo SLS version. This has made the Evo SLS 2022 the most versatile kite from Duotone. Freeride, big air and even kiteloops, the Evo SLS 2022 can do it all! You could even call the Duotone Evo SLS 2022 a 'quiver-killer', the only kite you need.
""
funny enough, coming from rebel 2020 and using EVO SLS 2021, i thought that the pull and landing were very gentle for the EVO SLS. Loved the kite, so wondering if they made it more boring?
These users thanked the author mass898 for the post (total 2):
cor (Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:22 am) • nothing2seehere (Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:55 am)
Rating: 6.06%

DDC
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Plumb NY
Gear: Cabrihna and north

Postby DDC » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:14 am

When are they going to start delivering?

calikites
Frequent Poster
Gear: All of the gear
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby calikites » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:39 am

Yewww! We tried one a few weeks ago in Maui. it was sick

lizards
Medium Poster
Local Beach: EDGARTOWN
Gear: none

Postby lizards » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:37 pm

calikites wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:39 am
Yewww! We tried one a few weeks ago in Maui. it was sick
Your website shows all sizes in stock but I’m guessing that’s not the case. Any idea when you’ll be getting the regular evos in?

Worst color options of all time IMHO hope they look better in person. An all black option would be sweet but maybe they don’t want to look like core. Glad to see the 13 and 14m sizes now.

calikites
Frequent Poster
Gear: All of the gear
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby calikites » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:45 pm

Yup not in stock yet. We are working on getting our site to show that, but we are more kiter focused and sort of suck at website shit. (IE our team is great in the shop, on the phone, and with emails, but when it comes to technologies we struggle :-) I like the colors, they do look good in person but we’ve learned that EVERYONE has different tastes in kite colors.

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:43 pm

mass898 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:17 pm
from kitemana:
""
Compared to the first version of the Evo SLS, the Duotone Evo SLS 2022 has been slightly modified. Following feedback from riders, the 2022 Evo SLS has become a little friendlier compared to the 2021 Evo SLS. The difference with a Dice was too small. The Duotone Evo SLS 2022 now steers a little less aggressively, gives you a more gradual pull into big air and lets you land a little more calmly back on the water compared to the 2021 Evo SLS version. This has made the Evo SLS 2022 the most versatile kite from Duotone. Freeride, big air and even kiteloops, the Evo SLS 2022 can do it all! You could even call the Duotone Evo SLS 2022 a 'quiver-killer', the only kite you need.
""
funny enough, coming from rebel 2020 and using EVO SLS 2021, i thought that the pull and landing were very gentle for the EVO SLS. Loved the kite, so wondering if they made it more boring?
That would be a shame. I would think the classic construction would satisfy those who want a tamer kite.

The 8m 2021 evo sls is move around pretty quickly especially when powered up. I thought it had good pop and plenty of float.

I could see how it might be a handful with really big air.

Really nice in side on waves though.

I think the video says the bar pressure was increased. The low bar pressure on the evo was always a big selling point to me.

cor
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: -

Postby cor » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:59 am

mass898 wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:17 pm
from kitemana:
""
Compared to the first version of the Evo SLS, the Duotone Evo SLS 2022 has been slightly modified. Following feedback from riders, the 2022 Evo SLS has become a little friendlier compared to the 2021 Evo SLS. The difference with a Dice was too small. The Duotone Evo SLS 2022 now steers a little less aggressively, gives you a more gradual pull into big air and lets you land a little more calmly back on the water compared to the 2021 Evo SLS version.
That´s kind of bad news. I actually loved how "grunty" the Evo SLS 2021 was. Progressive lift, good float and awesome for looping. It was surprisingly progressive and I thought that was part of the whole SLS deal. I mean it´s supposed to be the sporty version, right?

I loved it so much that I ordered another Evo SLS 2022 which just arrived a couple of hours ago. Can´t wait to try it. I ordered already back in November so I think I got one from the first batches and also a bit lucky. I did that because if you don´t order early these days, you are going to wait a long time. The days where you could take your time, wait for reviews, then order a new kite and have it a few days after, are gone. It doesn´t work anymore like that.

Irma
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 65
Local Beach: Hoek van Holland, the Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Hoek van Holland, the Netherlands
Style: Freeride & Wave
Gear: Takoon Furia and Ozone Edge

Postby Irma » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:40 am

Very curious about experiences! Please post a review if you can! Love to hear from you.

DDC
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Plumb NY
Gear: Cabrihna and north

Postby DDC » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:51 am

I just got notice that my kites are being delivered in 2 weeks!

Return to “Kitesurfing”