recommandations for a quiver?

Forum for kitesurfers
Cheoz0r86
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 80-75
Local Beach: North down peninsula in Northern Ireland
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2022 12m crazyfly sculp 2020 11m, 8m, 7m crazyfly hyper, 2017 11m & 8m North Rebels. , 2020 137x41 crazyfly raptor, 2018 145x42 crazyfly ALR, 2010 134x41 nobile t555
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: recommandations for a quiver?

Postby Cheoz0r86 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:05 pm

I would go for a quiver of 2021 CF sculp, you can get them brand new for a great price. I have a 2022 and loving it, I started with north rebels from 2017 and then upgraded to 2020 hypers in 11m and 8m, love the 8m but can of hated the 11m for being slow, then went for the sculp (12m) and boom, responsive, forgiving, very stable and great low end. I can also say that the cloth that CF uses seems a bit thicker to me compare to teijin d2 or d3 and whatever name each company decides to give it, since after 2 seasons my crazyfly hypers have not a single pinhole or thin parts of the cloth, that cloth simply looks quite solid. Just my 2 cents comparing them with other kites cloth

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Skater, Motion, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dirk » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:54 am

I consider low wind around 13-17 kn there's rarely less where I live. You think it would be nice with a 12m dash for unhooked and then have the 7 and 9 pivots for kiteloops and boosting?
I'm starting to feel like it'd be almost perfect

How does the pivot react in jumps is it a more fast up and good hangtime down or slow and consistent pull during the jump? also do you like it for kiteloops? thanks !
[/quote]

I cannot comment on unhooking as I do not do it, but I think that would be a nice quiver. The Pivot is definitely nice for boostiing. I do not do very powered loops but it is common knowledge that the Pivot is good a this. I do not have much comparison to other kite models, I rode a current North Orbit 8m briefly two weeks ago while I was also riding my 8m Pivot. Very nice kite for boosting and high wind as well, clearly had a different feel to the Pivot. My impression was, that the Pivot is a bit more agile (3 struts vs 5 struts), turning a bit faster which was also noticable when doing heli loops/Landing loops. Not sure if both kites had the same line lengths, on my Pivot I had 22m (also using the Dreamstick V2 at the moment).
I like that agility as I a lso use the Pivot in the waves with a surfboard but also with a twintip carving around and I use it on my foil.

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
2020/21 Orbits

Postby Blackened » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am

to answer all the questions:

1. No, the supermodel will not be great for unhooking@.
2. Crossover kites tend not to have the best low end.
3. Yes, the top end for most of the all rounders is decent or excellent and most of them kiteloop excellent or even designed for it. They also tend to be easier to learn loops as well.
4. Yes, it will change the dice to a more freestyle feel by removing the Y.
5. The Dash - Pivot - Pivot combo would work very well.

Sefiz
Rare Poster
Gear: Naish
Spleene
North
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Sefiz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:21 am

vulkhan wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:10 pm
I never heard of those kites how do they compete against bigger brands? also is the build quality good?

do they have good low end?

Would be nice to be able to test them

thank you for the recommandation i'll look into that :D
Quality is on level with top brands. Check the Gleiten.TV Video, they review that.
The just released HAZE and BIG models also come with Teijin 4x Riptop - nothing cheap here.

Lowend: as this is an open-C Kite, it is not as good as a delta kite in low end. But the high end is very good. And you can keep it moving easily on low end days, do backline-reverse starts, etc. Also the turning speed and depower is impressive.

Get in Touch with Spleene, maybe there are riders arround to test.

vulkhan
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2021
Weight: 80 Kg
Local Beach: France :
-Gruissan
-Le Jai
Style: Freeride/beginner
Gear: Looking to buy my kites (supermodel, pivot, eleveight rs?) in 12,9,7m
Reedin Dreamstick V2 bar
Manera Eclipse harness M
F-one Trax Carbon 2021 137*42

Postby vulkhan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:43 pm

Dirk wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:54 am
I consider low wind around 13-17 kn there's rarely less where I live. You think it would be nice with a 12m dash for unhooked and then have the 7 and 9 pivots for kiteloops and boosting?
I'm starting to feel like it'd be almost perfect

How does the pivot react in jumps is it a more fast up and good hangtime down or slow and consistent pull during the jump? also do you like it for kiteloops? thanks !
I cannot comment on unhooking as I do not do it, but I think that would be a nice quiver. The Pivot is definitely nice for boostiing. I do not do very powered loops but it is common knowledge that the Pivot is good a this. I do not have much comparison to other kite models, I rode a current North Orbit 8m briefly two weeks ago while I was also riding my 8m Pivot. Very nice kite for boosting and high wind as well, clearly had a different feel to the Pivot. My impression was, that the Pivot is a bit more agile (3 struts vs 5 struts), turning a bit faster which was also noticable when doing heli loops/Landing loops. Not sure if both kites had the same line lengths, on my Pivot I had 22m (also using the Dreamstick V2 at the moment).
I like that agility as I a lso use the Pivot in the waves with a surfboard but also with a twintip carving around and I use it on my foil.
[/quote]
thanks ! I may learn strapless on it so good to know :)

vulkhan
Rare Poster
-Gruissan
-Le Jai
Reedin Dreamstick V2 bar
Manera Eclipse harness M

Postby vulkhan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:48 pm

Blackened wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am

3. Yes, the top end for most of the all rounders is decent or excellent and most of them kiteloop excellent or even designed for it. They also tend to be easier to learn loops as well.
the pivot is sufficient for basic unhooking so maybe a quiver of 7,9,12 pivots to begin with
in a year or two when i'll be better at unhooking i can buy a 11m dash, would that be better to gain on low end? or since the wind almost never drop under 13kn I don't know if i need the low end grunt of the pivot and take a 12m dash to have fun unhooking early?

vulkhan
Rare Poster
-Gruissan
-Le Jai
Reedin Dreamstick V2 bar
Manera Eclipse harness M

Postby vulkhan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:49 pm

Sefiz wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:21 am
vulkhan wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:10 pm
I never heard of those kites how do they compete against bigger brands? also is the build quality good?

do they have good low end?

Would be nice to be able to test them

thank you for the recommandation i'll look into that :D
Quality is on level with top brands. Check the Gleiten.TV Video, they review that.
The just released HAZE and BIG models also come with Teijin 4x Riptop - nothing cheap here.

Lowend: as this is an open-C Kite, it is not as good as a delta kite in low end. But the high end is very good. And you can keep it moving easily on low end days, do backline-reverse starts, etc. Also the turning speed and depower is impressive.

Get in Touch with Spleene, maybe there are riders arround to test.
I will look into that :)

Blackened
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Style: Big Air, Airstyle
Gear: 2020 Rebels
2020/21 Orbits

Postby Blackened » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:55 pm

vulkhan wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:48 pm
Blackened wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am

the pivot is sufficient for basic unhooking so maybe a quiver of 7,9,12 pivots to begin with
in a year or two when i'll be better at unhooking i can buy a 11m dash, would that be better to gain on low end? or since the wind almost never drop under 13kn I don't know if i need the low end grunt of the pivot and take a 12m dash to have fun unhooking early?
I think a 3-strut all arounder is the best idea for any learning kiter. This has my vote.
These users thanked the author Blackened for the post:
vulkhan (Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:21 am)
Rating: 6.67%

Return to “Kitesurfing”