Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

linemount - possible with every cam?

Forum for kitesurfers
bkkite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay (Long Island)
Favorite Beaches: Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 7/9/12/15. Nobile NHP and Nobile split surf / foil board. Slingshot hover glide foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: linemount - possible with every cam?

Postby bkkite » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:36 am

It depends what you want to do. 360 Cameras and a Gopro 10 are two very different types of cameras. I think a GoPro 10 is probably the right camera for most people, its really the best they've ever made and is super flexible if you turn on the max lens mod mode and put it in a line mount. So far, the mentese lab mount has been the one thats lasted me the longest, and it works for 360 cameras, should you want to try one of those in the future. ( https://menteselabs.com/ )

Here's my thoughts on the GoPro Max (a 360 camera)

Heres my thoughts on the GoPro 10

beebad
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Weight: 173
Local Beach: Mayo, Rehobeth bay, dewey bch,OBX
Favorite Beaches: North flats, outlaws-South Padre Island, Waves, Salvo, kitepoint, the washout, tower rd. Assateaque.
Gear: 7m, 9m, 12m Cabrinha Switchblades, 15 Contra, Cabrinha 144 Spectrum, 137 ACE, Litewave Dave WING 155, Ugo, GP6B, slingshot hoverglide nf2 foil-35",15"24" masts, slingshot dwarfcraft 54" foilboard. Slingwing 5.4V2., quatro drifter 5’6”.

Postby beebad » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:13 am

wavy navy wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:24 pm
Hi, right now I use an old gopro with a linemount. I´d like to upgrade to some of these fancy new action cams, but it seems that there are no linemounts available for these?

For example I don´t find a linemount for the insta 360 on the internet?

I have this old linemount. But does it fit for example to the gopro 10? I don´t need to keep this old one, but I didn´t find new ones on the internet...

Thanks!
I had this and returned it to him. It woukd get tangled in the lines…. I have the UGO . Works well.

rnelias
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: RJ, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Arubinha, RJ
Cumbuco, CE
Barra da Tijuca, RJ
Praia da Bica, RJ
Style: freeride
Gear: F-One Bandit 12m, Duotone Rebe 9m, Dice 7m, Alpha 8m, Soul 12/15m, Crazy Fly Raptor LTD 2019, Mystic Majestic

Postby rnelias » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:35 pm

bkkite wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:36 am
It depends what you want to do. 360 Cameras and a Gopro 10 are two very different types of cameras. I think a GoPro 10 is probably the right camera for most people, its really the best they've ever made and is super flexible if you turn on the max lens mod mode and put it in a line mount. So far, the mentese lab mount has been the one thats lasted me the longest, and it works for 360 cameras, should you want to try one of those in the future. ( https://menteselabs.com/ )
It seems Mentese is out of business. The site is offline for a long time :(

bkkite
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Oyster Bay (Long Island)
Favorite Beaches: Kalpitiya, Sri Lanka
Gear: Core XR4 7/9/12/15. Nobile NHP and Nobile split surf / foil board. Slingshot hover glide foil

Postby bkkite » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:44 pm

rnelias wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:35 pm
bkkite wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:36 am
It seems Mentese is out of business. The site is offline for a long time :(
oh wow, i didn't realize that. the product stood the test of time, but maybe the company hasn't

the next best line mount for me has been this one from gdome. it works,its lighter than the mentese labs one, but i dont like that it has extra parts (im afraid ill loose the shims), and the plastic is pretty flexible. it hasn't broken in 15-20 sessions, but it just makes me nervous.

(It's available on amazon for $39) https://getgdome.com/collections/kite-l ... on-cameras

Return to “Kitesurfing”